5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RAMonkey

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one wondering why I couldn't see the chicken strips and why everyone is getting in a tizzy over something so unhealthy. 🤷‍♂️
Now, I gotta figure out where to find those. Looks like driver’s side underbelly, maybe…

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After a month or more of subfreezing temps, it got up to a balmy 33°, so I gave her a proper bath. I got a chance to use the new undercarriage attachment for my pressure washer. I was surprised how much muck came off the bottom of my truck. If your pressure washer isn't pumping out at least 2500 psi, I wouldn't recommend this attachment.

20221208_135018.jpg

WARMQ 2-in-1 Pressure Washer Undercarriage Cleaner Water Broom, 16" Surface Cleaner Power Washer Attachment with 4 Nozzles 3 Extension Rods and QC Pivot Coupler Extra Wash Mitt, 4000 PSI https://a.co/d/b1fa2cn

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After a month or more of subfreezing temps, it got up to a balmy 33°, so I gave her a proper bath. I got a chance to use the new undercarriage attachment for my pressure washer. I was surprised how much muck came off the bottom of my truck. If your pressure washer isn't pumping out at least 2500 psi, I wouldn't recommend this attachment.
Be careful using that kind of pressure. You can cut fingers, damage wiring, peel off paint and rustproofing, etc. :oops:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Driver's side front of engine, I think this was taken, maybe with cellphone.
Yes, took the picture with my phone. Having a stylus with a button for remote pictures is great for tight places.

That picture is the front right/driver's side exhaust manifold. I could just barely see the straps from the wheel wells, but not enough to know for sure.

Wondering how a strap across a bunch of bolts is any better than individual washers the same thickness. Just seems like more material to hold heat.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, took the picture with my phone. Having a stylus with a button for remote pictures is great for tight places.

That picture is the front right/driver's side exhaust manifold. I could just barely see the straps from the wheel wells, but not enough to know for sure.

Wondering how a strap across a bunch of bolts is any better than individual washers the same thickness. Just seems like more material to hold heat.
Or more material to dissipate heat. Also straps help distribute clamping force across larger area

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If the bolt heads are directly against the manifold, they are pulled with it as the manifold shrinks and expands, generating high bending forces on the bolts. :(

But if the bolt heads are into straps, they are held in about the same position relative to each other and the heads, while the manifold can have slightly larger holes and slide a bit behind the straps as it shrinks and expands, and not transfer all that stress to the bolts.

Also, the straps are not as intimately connected to the hot exhaust stream as the manifold, so will not themselves put much stress on the bolts.

That's my theory, anyway. And Chrysler seemed to think it might work. 🤷‍♂️

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude. I'm not that big of a power user most of the time. My acid test will be if we get that travel trailer we've been wanting, and do some sustained towing. :cool:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Be careful using that kind of pressure. You can cut fingers, damage wiring, peel off paint and rustproofing, etc. :oops:

By the time it's distributed through 4 nozzles and reaches the body, the velocity isn't much more than that of a garden hose with decent pressure.

JoeI21

Reaction score

View attachment 145528

WARMQ 2-in-1 Pressure Washer Undercarriage Cleaner Water Broom, 16" Surface Cleaner Power Washer Attachment with 4 Nozzles 3 Extension Rods and QC Pivot Coupler Extra Wash Mitt, 4000 PSI https://a.co/d/b1fa2cn
do you have a link for the garage mat that it’s parked on?

Triple6

Reaction score
If the bolt heads are directly against the manifold, they are pulled with it as the manifold shrinks and expands, generating high bending forces on the bolts. :(

But if the bolt heads are into straps, they are held in about the same position relative to each other and the heads, while the manifold can have slightly larger holes and slide a bit behind the straps as it shrinks and expands, and not transfer all that stress to the bolts.

Also, the straps are not as intimately connected to the hot exhaust stream as the manifold, so will not themselves put much stress on the bolts.

That's my theory, anyway. And Chrysler seemed to think it might work. 🤷‍♂️

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude. I'm not that big of a power user most of the time. My acid test will be if we get that travel trailer we've been wanting, and do some sustained towing. :cool:
I have a 2020 with 33k and the strips have been on since the factory. From as far as I can tell, my fat a$$ trying to get under as far as I can see, I don't have anything unusual going on at the moment. I've also never done anything to the exhaust, all stock from tip to tail. I also pull a 37 foot travel trailer with mine, if this in any way helps your theory.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread