5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the LTX M/S on a Nissan Frontier and it was downright scary in the snow. I realize the Defender is a new version of the LTX but the tread is the same. Michelin should be sued for putting M/S on the side of that tire. :LOL:

View attachment 144018
I like the LTX M/S for the 3 main seasons (spring, summer and fall) but not for winter. I use these Hakkapeliitta R3’s for my winter set. Awesome in snow and on ice. 1C849CAB-16EF-4F50-AF39-62494EBE51C9.jpeg

Tesla

Reaction score
I like the LTX M/S for the 3 main seasons (spring, summer and fall) but not for winter. I use these Hakkapeliitta R3’s for my winter set. Awesome in snow and on ice. View attachment 144038
I was told the Defender LTX M/S does amazing in the snow which is why I was going to get them but now I'm not sure

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told the Defender LTX M/S does amazing in the snow which is why I was going to get them but now I'm not sure

I’ve read the same & had them on both my Ram’s without issue. I think it mainly depends on the actual rating of the tire & that will affect how they behave depending on weight of vehicle perhaps.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the LTX M/S for the 3 main seasons (spring, summer and fall) but not for winter. I use these Hakkapeliitta R3’s for my winter set. Awesome in snow and on ice. View attachment 144038
I ran a set of Hakkapellittas last winter and I'm still traumatized by the experience. My truck was all over the road on those things.

I decided to run my all seasons over those this winter as I'm sure they can't be any worse.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It does well in snow. I live in a lot of hills and mountains. Ice is my main concern which is why I run the Hakkapeliitta’s in winter. Much better traction. If you only get a bit of snow on flats, you’d be fine with the LTX M/S.
It’s an awesome tire!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran a set of Hakkapellittas last winter and I'm still traumatized by the experience. My truck was all over the road on those things.

I decided to run my all seasons over those this winter as I'm sure they can't be any worse.
I’ve never experienced that. I live in the hills and mountains and most times I never use 4x4.
Do you put any weight in your truck?
How heavy is your right foot? LOL 😎

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking about this & then noticed how much further the the top center of the grill sticks out past the bumper. Do you have a side profile photo of it installed on your truck to show the difference for us?

Attachments

• 20221117_131856.jpg
    20221117_131856.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20221117_131918.jpg
    20221117_131918.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 146

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up Shadow after a fender bender. Owned it for 1 week and it's been in the shop for 6. Glad to have it back home, $4300 later.
CdNmQk3.jpeg
uZbFwPi.jpeg

I'll post more to the build thread soon.

13 months after someone backed into me with a boat causing a lot of damages and a month of downtime, someone backed into me today in a grocery store parking lot while I was sitting in the truck at the very back of the lot.

Estimate came in for the damages:
rxkPlUP.png

Damage isn't that bad:
mHtfFj6.jpeg
5myAe0m.jpeg

Good thing I never had my RAM ceramic coated. People keep backing into me. already processed with their insurance, have police report. should be an easy fix.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
13 months after someone backed into me with a boat causing a lot of damages and a month of downtime, someone backed into me today in a grocery store parking lot while I was sitting in the truck at the very back of the lot.

Estimate came in for the damages:
rxkPlUP.png

Damage isn't that bad:
mHtfFj6.jpeg
5myAe0m.jpeg

Good thing I never had my RAM ceramic coated. People keep backing into me. already processed with their insurance, have police report. should be an easy fix.
The shop just did my ceramic coating will re-apply on any panels that had to be repainted after going to body shop. They don't charge, but if they did, it would be part of insurance claim.

Users who are viewing this thread