5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never have been happy putting my Geno's aluminum magnetic fuel cap on the surface of the truck when I refill because I’m worried about scratching the paint over time.

So a trip down the Amazon Magnet Aisle and I found 1/2” x 1/8” magnets.

I used four magnets and a piece of closed cell rubber foam to help hold them in place.

The water drip drains remain open and it holds my fuel cap inside the door where hopefully I don’t miss it as I pull away.

View attachment 143597 View attachment 143598 View attachment 143599

Very nice. I have the Geno’s cap for the gas engine & haven’t needed to use it yet but I think I’ll do the same. Thanks for the tip!

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice. I have the Geno’s cap for the gas engine & haven’t needed to use it yet but I think I’ll do the same. Thanks for the tip!

I thought about using some epoxy putty to fill the entire space which would solve the water issue and the magnets would never rattle lose.

But what happens if I need to replace my Geno’s fuel cap because it gets lost?

Does the next Geno’s cap come where the magnetic poles are the same as the one I already have or does Geno’s just slap in the magnet randomly and if I have to order a new one will the magnet be repelling against the fuel door?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about using some epoxy putty to fill the entire space which would solve the water issue and the magnets would never rattle lose.

Does the next Geno’s cap come where the magnetic poles are the same as the one I already have or does Geno’s just slap in the magnet randomly and if I have to order a new one will the magnet be repelling against the fuel door?
Is this the kind of stuff that keeps you awake at night?
Not global warming, or the endangered population of wire-haired albino lemurs?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score

Only one side needs to be magnetic and that's the cap. Fill the pocket with a metal based epoxy or press in a chunk of metal.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this the kind of stuff that keeps you awake at night?
Not global warming, or the endangered population of wire-haired albino lemurs?

I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Putzing on the Ram keeps my sanity.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
:unsure: With the problems I've had at only 9 weeks old and 1,600 miles.......I'm kinda thinking I should have went with a GMC.

Attachments

• 1668302614136.png
    1668302614136.png
    68 bytes · Views: 77

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it just depends which plant it comes from & how their quality control is. MI plant seems to be consistent.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it just depends which plant it comes from & how their quality control is. MI plant seems to be consistent.
Are you talking about Ram DT’s? Or GMC’s?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about Ram DT’s? Or GMC’s?

Ram DT’s. Just something hypothetical based on just what I see on the forum & both of mine from there without issue yet anyway. Obviously not a ton of data - or at least public data anyway. 😆

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram DT’s. Just something hypothetical based on just what I see on the forum & both of mine from there without issue yet anyway. Obviously not a ton of data - or at least public data anyway. 😆
All DT’s come from a single factory (Sterling Heights Assembly Plant). There are other Ram plants, like in Saltillo Mexico, but they produce HD Rams. And the Classic Rams come from the Warren, MI plant.

choo_31

Reaction score
No write up???

C'mon dude...

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All DT’s come from a single factory (Sterling Heights Assembly Plant). There are other Ram plants, like in Saltillo Mexico, but they produce HD Rams. And the Classic Rams come from the Warren, MI plant.

Ahh, ok. Well there goes that theory obviously. I must’ve misunderstood the tracker thread.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Dealership, shopped there. Couldn't get them to come out of the office

I asked, because the truck has a few minor mods I would be interested to know the history of, such as the red lettering and badge on the front and back.

It's strange how we can go to one dealership and get assaulted by a mob of salesmen. And then we go to the next dealership and no one will even come out and see if we want to look at a vehicle. We were shopping used so we just went into the used car office at McKinney. A salesperson asked us if we needed help. We told her we wanted to see the Rebel out front and that was about it. No pressured sales pitch. We looked over the truck with a fine-toothed comb and took it for a test drive.

The only issue is that they played the "go ask the sales manager game" from a distance. Every time my son made an offer, the salesperson had to physically walk all the way back to the main building and talk to the sale manager, then walk all the way back. She definitely got a work out in very windy and partially rainy weather. It's like they didn't know what a telephone was. I told my son this was just a technique dealerships use to keep you at their dealership and to avoid direct negotiation with their sales manager. But my son already knew what the truck was worth and what he wanted to spend. Their asking price was already $5,000 below what the same truck would sale for in Arkansas. It only took the sales person three trips until we had a deal. Since the truck was exactly what he wanted, I warned my son (and my wife) not to look so excited about it during negotiations.

Rebel01.jpg

William1034

Reaction score
i put new wheels and tires on my 21 Limited.
hostile rage 20x9 0 offset
nitto ridge grapplers 285/60 r20
no rubbing and they are a quiet as the stock tires. Now I have to suck it up and have the wheel size recalibrated. I don‘t want to run the risk of voiding my warranty or I would do it myself.

I also learned that only the dealer can do an alignment on a limited with lane assist and adaptive cruise. I’m just glad the mechanic was up front and didn’t do the alignment w/resetting it.

Attachments

• 5DC2837B-E0F0-4D7D-9CB4-C38C960A48F2.jpeg
    5DC2837B-E0F0-4D7D-9CB4-C38C960A48F2.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 609D3CB5-8AFC-4B23-95CE-E501CF1FEE43.jpeg
    609D3CB5-8AFC-4B23-95CE-E501CF1FEE43.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 76
  • 560F13F9-3B8A-4CA4-B52F-D1AC0A56CBC6.jpeg
    560F13F9-3B8A-4CA4-B52F-D1AC0A56CBC6.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 78
  • C820B3BE-491C-42CC-909B-32642E563EEB.jpeg
    C820B3BE-491C-42CC-909B-32642E563EEB.jpeg