5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today's the day! Borrowed my dad's truck and dropped off my wheels and tires this morning. Then severely cut my pinky on the way out the door. Only I could catch a finger in a door frame hole when leaving an office. 🤡
View attachment 141815

Nice, and bummer!

Just hope nobody saw you driving that ... *blech* ... Chevy! ;) :D

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We got our new topper, and a set of Amp Research Extreme Power steps. We are very pleased, my wive loves the steps she really had a hard time without them!
View attachment 141837 View attachment 141838

My wife is vertically challenged. She saw the AMP steps on my buddy's truck and said "you're getting those." I ended up with Mopar, but love them!

I would like to have a topper, but would only want/need for short periods and don't have a good place to store or easy way to remove. I used to pull the top off my K5 in spring and it would just stay off till Halloween. Had to call a buddy for help.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My wife is vertically challenged. She saw the AMP steps on my buddy's truck and said "you're getting those." I ended up with Mopar, but love them!

I would like to have a topper, but would only want/need for short periods and don't have a good place to store or easy way to remove. I used to pull the top off my K5 in spring and it would just stay off till Halloween. Had to call a buddy for help.
can you back into your garage and rig up a pully system to raise the cover up to store it when not needed.

Fillet1

Reaction score
Screen saver on 12” screen and pedalcommander went in. The Ecodiesel chirps tires now…

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can you back into your garage and rig up a pully system to raise the cover up to store it when not needed.
Don't have room in the garage. Hoping to do this with the tent though.

One of these days we'll get a shop built and then maybe...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BAKFlip MX4 installed. Noticed an increase in fuel mileage from low 17’s to low 19’s. Should have done this sooner. There is a chance of snow later next week so we will see how the cover does. View attachment 141864
Has to be placebo effect. Tonneau covers don't improve aerodynamics to increase fuel mileage on modern trucks

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not today but last week had red Rough Country brake caliper covers, replaced chrome lug nuts with black ones, 2" Titan Wheel Spacer (Hub Centric) and red front tow hooks. Next install will be the adaptive cruise control (New ACC Switch, ABS, HCU) as soon as I can find someone to install them for me. Will post when completed.
how hard was the caliper cover install?? any brake line disconnecting??

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Washed it, how do you guys deal with the mirrors dripping water? I've tried hitting every angle with my blower, folding the mirror in and out and reverse and I still get drips!!

20221022_112745.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Washed it, how do you guys deal with the mirrors dripping water? I've tried hitting every angle with my blower, folding the mirror in and out and reverse and I still get drips!!

View attachment 141914
Just keep wiping the door off until it stops. The car wash I use has an air hose to blow out around trim work. I can blow in mirror till nothing comes out and it will still drip when I start driving

thebluegoat

Reaction score

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Except they do. That’s why trucks like the HFE offered them straight from the factory.

This is one of those things were people say it does, but real world tests say they don't. There hasn't been a verified test that proves it does. But all manufacturers will say it does.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Except they do. That’s why trucks like the HFE offered them straight from the factory.

Whatever makes you feel good about your purchase. I have one for looks and to be abel to keep stuff dry and out of site

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Marty313

Reaction score
Finally got my truck back. Got a sunroof and rhino liner installed.. and some tweaking at my guys suspension shop… sitting at about 8.5” in the front and 6.5 in the rear. Makes the 35’s look small.

Attachments

• 6C35FF24-773E-4EAB-80BB-2172F481AA74.jpeg
    6C35FF24-773E-4EAB-80BB-2172F481AA74.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread