5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PDiddy

Reaction score
Liking the new stance with the KO2s. Part of me thinks I should’ve gone 275/60 instead of 285/55 but probably just typical second-guessing of an expensive purchase. With the poke of these wheels, the 285s do look rather wide though.
I think it looks hella nice. I don’t really notice any poke. I get it though, I went back and forth for a few weeks, deciding what size tires to go with. I couldn’t even decide on what rim size to get. Yours is real clean looking.

Ccroce

Reaction score
I think it looks hella nice. I don’t really notice any poke. I get it though, I went back and forth for a few weeks, deciding what size tires to go with. I couldn’t even decide on what rim size to get. Yours is real clean looking.
Appreciate it man, thank you.

Bigzway

Reaction score
I have the Yokohama mts 275/65/20 for over a year and almost 20,000 miles with minimal wear great tire. Turned 50,000 miles today

Last edited:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dab33a05860f8cc0c9d59c5783986d02.jpg

Don’t hate the stock wheel.

And yes the tips look funky. Has to be the camera playing tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winter mode already? And what tips are those? I want 5" gloss black tips

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leveled it out with 2” spacers. I did the install in my garage. Took just over an hour and half. Thank goodness for YouTube. Watched how to do it ahead of time and had all the tools I needed before I got started. I have 1” rear spacers coming this weekend, to get a little rake back. I’m loving the look. View attachment 140440
I've bought spacers and the directions essentially say to completely remove the knuckle, axle, etc. I can't believe it's this hard to do, especially if you got it done in a hour and a half! Is it just jacking and removing the coilover?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought spacers and the directions essentially say to completely remove the knuckle, axle, etc. I can't believe it's this hard to do, especially if you got it done in a hour and a half! Is it just jacking and removing the coilover?
You don't need to remove the knuckle or axle. remove brake caliper, support it out of the way. Take off sway br end link from lower control arm. Take tie rod off knuckle. Pop the top ball joint. Remove bolts for the strut assembly and remove

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are going to be noisy...
I'm aware, and okay with it. That's never bothered me. Maybe it will drown out the engine mds :LOL: . They do claim to be quieter as far as m/t tires go. They say a few decibels quieter than their competition, but who knows if that's true or just marketing bs.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New wheels and tires today on my 21 Longhorn! Michelin Defenders paired with Drag DR78s. Love the look but definitely think she needs a level or lower now.
You’re gonna luv those Michelins!
I’m on my 3rd set. On a few different trucks. That’s all I’ll buy! Like riding on a cloud. Great wear guaranty. Superior tire in heavy rain. Zero hydroplaning.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New wheels and tires today on my 21 Longhorn! Michelin Defenders paired with Drag DR78s. Love the look but definitely think she needs a level or lower now.
I also have used the Defender LTX on an suv and now just got them on my ram. I have the ORP and use MI orv trails, but try to stay out of mud and only drive in sand. Hoping for good wear and rain and snow combo.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm aware, and okay with it. That's never bothered me. Maybe it will drown out the engine mds :LOL: . They do claim to be quieter as far as m/t tires go. They say a few decibels quieter than their competition, but who knows if that's true or just marketing bs.
My truck came with those tires and I was expecting the worst - actually they're not bad and have surprisingly good street manners. Since it's a lower rumble with the mud tread they are less noticeable than the Duratracs on our Grand Cherokee. The MDS is louder too - but with 3:21 gears the MDS doesn't activate on the highway:rolleyes:

PDiddy

Reaction score
I removed the steering arm, sway bar link, and UCA knuckle. That’s enough to allow the lower arm to bend out of the shocks way. I originally didn’t remove the sway bar form the LCA, but I could get the shock back into play with the new spacer attached to it. Once I removed the sway bar, I could drop the lower arm a little more to get it in. You definitely need a decent pry bar to get the lower shock mount into place. I probably wasted 15 minutes getting the first one into place. The second one was much faster.

Reactions: db9

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Installed the stampede bug guard. Really on the fence about this one… 077B1D9F-C76F-4346-911F-9BBCE2B40D04.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread