5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Not all of the options work on the 2022's (with Uconnect5). I have a 2022 with the Tazer DT, and can confirm that AT LEAST the following live features work (haven't tried the others, and I don't use the Vehicle Settings that required it to be married):
  • Brake Hold
  • Kill3Honk
  • AmberDRL
  • AutoFold mirrors

I want to buy it for the autofold, brake hold but also for the fog lights+high beams on at the same time and unlocked menus/settings while the car is in motion. Cause it is so annoying that I cannot adjust an address in Waze while on the go.

Probably other options I don't really think on at the moment. But do you, or someone else, knows that those 2 mentioned options also work?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Threw some Rough Country caliper covers on. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I felt the factory brakes were more than enough for my application and all it needed was some color.

Super happy with the overall look.

505d1c2b2e8a2216ef82e4cfdbb655a2.jpeg
looks good!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want to buy it for the autofold, brake hold but also for the fog lights+high beams on at the same time and unlocked menus/settings while the car is in motion. Cause it is so annoying that I cannot adjust an address in Waze while on the go.

Probably other options I don't really think on at the moment. But do you, or someone else, knows that those 2 mentioned options also work?
I haven't tried those features (Set In-Motion Nav, or Set Fog Dropout), so someone else will have to weigh in. I really bought the Tazer for one thing - Amber DRL's. Anything else is just a bonus.

amber DRLs.jpg

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't even know what this was and had to go look it up. Pretty neat idea. Can't imagine living in a place it is necessary.

Well, you live on Earth. That should do it. Unless you keep your vehicles in a secured garage 24/7, they are at risk of theft. Vehicles get stolen anywhere they sit still. As far as where you live, most of these people are not too smart but they know not to go to the slums to steal from people that have nothing they want. They go to the better neighborhoods where there is a lot to choose from.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awww, come on. Someone share with the rest of the class. What DOES it do?
It is an ignition interruption device. I have one in my Jeep and had one in my previous truck. Just gives some peace of mind. The only downside is that the remote start no longer works with the puck removed.

This is from their website:

A few days after 9-11, on September 25, 2001 in Mexico City, the RAVELCO Anti Theft Device was tested by CESVI. CESVI is owned by the seven major insurance companies based in Mexico. They had professional car thieves try to hot-wire a Nissan Sentra (the most stolen vehicle in Mexico City at the time) that was equipped with a RAVELCO. The CESVI Company said they would approve the RAVELCO if it passed the eight (8) minute test. They said no theft device or alarm ever took more than 3 minutes to bypass. After cutting wires and trying for 35 minutes the professionals finally gave up. The next day they had the vehicle towed to a local Nissan Dealer to get them to fix it. The Nissan dealer called us in Houston to find what they needed to do to get it rewired and able to start! Needless to say the RAVELCO was approved. The RAVELCO is the only anti theft device recognized in Mexico for a discount on your insurance. With over 10 million people in Mexico City alone and nearly 200 vehicles stolen per day, the people at CESVI should know what does and does not work when it comes to auto theft. No alarm, tracking system or any other anti theft device is approved in Mexico.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spent some money. A level, black lug nuts, rear wheel liners, and new tires. The kid in me won out over the responsible adult. Decided to go with the Yokohama m/t's, in 35x11.5. They came out cheaper and a touch narrower than a 295/65, and should be a good fit. 5% off and free shipping from Discount Tire was nice too. Shoutout to @Louhound88 for the inspiration. His truck jumped out at me as the way to go.

Might be a week or two before everything gets done, but I'll post the update when it is.

1664982728716.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The nav in motion setting only works for the factory nav. Doesn't apply to apps on your phone and Android auto/car play navigation

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had my Katzkin leather installed. Really liked the way they turned out.
I'm impressed with the Katzkin leather I've seen here and elsewhere. It's nice that you can do something other than all black that seems to be the norm across most cars and trucks.

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Pulled a 24’ center console out of the water and towed it around town

Attachments

• B01BCC53-9AB3-424C-9279-87B08C7BE757.jpeg
    B01BCC53-9AB3-424C-9279-87B08C7BE757.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 85

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is an ignition interruption device. I have one in my Jeep and had one in my previous truck. Just gives some peace of mind. The only downside is that the remote start no longer works with the puck removed.

This is from their website:

A few days after 9-11, on September 25, 2001 in Mexico City, the RAVELCO Anti Theft Device was tested by CESVI. CESVI is owned by the seven major insurance companies based in Mexico. They had professional car thieves try to hot-wire a Nissan Sentra (the most stolen vehicle in Mexico City at the time) that was equipped with a RAVELCO. The CESVI Company said they would approve the RAVELCO if it passed the eight (8) minute test. They said no theft device or alarm ever took more than 3 minutes to bypass. After cutting wires and trying for 35 minutes the professionals finally gave up. The next day they had the vehicle towed to a local Nissan Dealer to get them to fix it. The Nissan dealer called us in Houston to find what they needed to do to get it rewired and able to start! Needless to say the RAVELCO was approved. The RAVELCO is the only anti theft device recognized in Mexico for a discount on your insurance. With over 10 million people in Mexico City alone and nearly 200 vehicles stolen per day, the people at CESVI should know what does and does not work when it comes to auto theft. No alarm, tracking system or any other anti theft device is approved in Mexico.

Thanks. That looks pretty clever.

For anyone else that may want to know more, the Ravelco website is here:

Users who are viewing this thread