5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you do the throttle body before the tune? If so, did it make any difference?
I did everything at once. Currently waiting on some long tubes. Then I will be full bolt on besides a 6.4 truck manifold.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had my second problem with the truck since new. First was the infamous random dead battery, but that only happened once. Battery charger wouldnt even charge the battery. Once I got it jump started, it ran fine, but had the check engine lights. Drove it to dealer, they said they got it to take a charge and haven't had an issue since. Same factory battery, that's been over a year ago

Today, driving back to the house after picking up my kids, stopped at a stop light, I was about 7-8 cars back, by the time I got to light after it was green, it has turned yellow. Gave it a little extra throttle to get through intersection, and it revved slightly, then just fell on its face with no acceleration, and check engine light came on. Let off throttle, coasted for a little bit, got back on it and it drove fine the rest of the way home. TazerDT wouldn't read the code, might be part of the whole Pulsar conflict. Threw my OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and on ran codes with Torque. Came back with P0016 active code, and also a stores code for P0016. Crankshaft/Camshaft Timing Misalignment. Quick Google search says it may be a MDS or VVT issue.

Unhooked battery, removed Pulsar, and connected battery. Did a code scan again, and still has the stored code for P0016, so will be making an appointment for dealer.

2019Raven

Reaction score
Installed the Carlinkit 3.0 to have wireless CarPlay. Install went smoothly and under 5 minutes. So far it waporks great. Takes about 15-30 seconds for connection but I have no issues with that.

Reaction score
Not "today", but over the past week: debadged it, detailed it, polished and sealed the paint, installed a Bedrug and a Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau cover.

Monday she goes in for a clear bra and ceramic window tint (all windows).
How do you like the Truxedo Pro X15 so far?

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Installed GT exhaust on 5.7 Backcountry.

See original post:

Nels

Reaction score
Replaced stock muffler with Flowmaster Flow FX. It's not exactly what I was hoping for but maybe it will grow on me.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Replaced stock muffler with Flowmaster Flow FX. It's not exactly what I was hoping for but maybe it will grow on me.
Too loud, quiet, drone, etc?

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

spelunk68

Reaction score
Do you have a front view looking straight on? I have the same truck and want to see how far the stick out. Looks Great!
I think they are meant to look factory (the look I was going for), same bump out? When I need new tires (in 4 or 5 years lol, I don't drive this a lot) I will then try to fill them out with more tire if I can, I don't trust spacers right now. flare3.png flare2.png flare5.png flare1.png

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they are meant to look factory (the look I was going for), same bump out? When I need new tires (in 4 or 5 years lol, I don't drive this a lot) I will then try to fill them out with more tire if I can, I don't trust spacers right now. View attachment 138850 View attachment 138849 View attachment 138851 View attachment 138848
No, they look better than factory, IMHO. Factory are flat all the way up. These are flat at the bottom and angle up/in. Very subtle, but I like these better.

spelunk68

Reaction score
Literally look just like the factory ones on my truck lol
You have a diamond crystal truck? I did not like the look of my backcountry two tone just straight across these had to be envisioned in my head before I [urchased, may sound silly but would have gotten a different color if I did not know I could get these color matched.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are, my truck is the backcountry and has the color matched diamond crystal two tone, these were aftermarket, by stock I was thinking of the Larime on up flares
👍 Grape Ape said they looked identical to his.

I'm planning on having my black painted sections wrapped in either sating black or satin clear to match my flares and bumpers. 20220525_160734.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread