5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
De-badged the stuck on chrome "Big Horn", "RAM" and "4X4" bits, and replaced the remaining chrome hood bezels, grill letters and tail gate emblem with the black OEM versions... Here are a couple pics:

1544364397416.png

1544364424664.png

1544364465886.png

Next up on the agenda is what to do about the wheels... Thinking about powder coating the stockers a gunmetal gray for the time being while I figure out what to do long term... :unsure:

SMS Limited

Reaction score
What were your thoughts on the ridge grappler in the snow?
They were awesome, I didn’t loose traction at any point, I just threw it in 4 wheel auto, locked the axle and went over everything, some parts were icy and almost 2 ft deep

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
De-badged the stuck on chrome "Big Horn", "RAM" and "4X4" bits, and replaced the remaining chrome hood bezels, grill letters and tail gate emblem with the black OEM versions... Here are a couple pics:

View attachment 10297

Next up on the agenda is what to do about the wheels... Thinking about powder coating the stockers a gunmetal gray for the time being while I figure out what to do long term... :unsure:

How'd you black out the tailgate handle? Was it a replacement or spray? Looks good...

Pnorth

Reaction score
What bulbs did you use? I was looking on Amazon but wasn’t sure which to grab.
I just copied another guy some posts back. Go back a little and you’ll find it. I don’t have the info here :)

DarrinNYC77

Reaction score
Your truck looks terrific!! Maybe I'm biased because I have exactly the same one! :) I installed Blizzaks on the same 22" factory wheels as you, but the Nittos you have are on my MAYBE list for summer. I want something more aggressive for non-winter months, but I will NEVER off-road my truck. How is the ride and handling on paved roads? Are they loud at highway speeds? Any clearance issues? I want the biggest I can install without mods.

Thanks!

Darrin in NYC

DarrinNYC77

Reaction score
Had the truck for just about 2 weeks now. Loving it except for clink sound when turning taking in this week to get checked. Just finished washing this morning and had tires put in this week. Other details thus far include ceramic tint all around, xpel covering on front and lower body panels, undercover top for bed. View attachment 5151 View attachment 5151 View attachment 5152 View attachment 5151 View attachment 5152 View attachment 5153 View attachment 5151 View attachment 5152 View attachment 5153
How do you like the Terra Grappler tires??? It looks like those are 285 / 50 / R22, right? I have the same factory wheels, and I want a more rugged looking tire (even though I will NEVER go off-road!) I want to go 285 / 55 / R22, but it adds just over an inch to the diameter, so I don't want to order a tire that's too big!

Your truck looks fantastic!

SMS Limited

Reaction score
Your truck looks terrific!! Maybe I'm biased because I have exactly the same one! :) I installed Blizzaks on the same 22" factory wheels as you, but the Nittos you have are on my MAYBE list for summer. I want something more aggressive for non-winter months, but I will NEVER off-road my truck. How is the ride and handling on paved roads? Are they loud at highway speeds? Any clearance issues? I want the biggest I can install without mods.

Thanks!

Darrin in NYC
Thanks, you have great taste in speaking out a truck! The 33’s are the largest I could get away with and they still rub slightly at full rotation, overall I love the tires and I mainly use them for everyday city and highway use, they are great and not loud at all and feel very stable. You should take your truck off-road sometime it really makes your u appreciate it more.

Users who are viewing this thread