5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put this on early this morning. Fits really good.

Nice! I traded my Laramie in for a Limited a couple of weeks ago. One thing I noticed that I don't like is the Limited center console armrest has a metal badge that says "Limited". In this weather, that metal badge gets HOT! I have felt like I was burning my forearm a couple of times now.

This cover looks like a great way to fix that.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This morning I took advantage of the nice weather and replaced the engine air filter. The old one wasn’t that bad, at least compared to the interior air filter (I already added a picture earlier I’m for that one, but did it again here), but since the filters are pretty cheap I decided to go ahead and replace it. I also had to vacuum out some leaf-pieces and a bit of dirt.

View attachment 136626 View attachment 136627
I ordered both filters also two weeks ago. But after pulling them out, they were both still fine after around 14mos/15k miles. So I basically just took a brush to them and put them back. Saved the new ones for later. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered both filters also two weeks ago. But after pulling them out, they were both still fine after around 14mos/15k miles. So I basically just took a brush to them and put them back. Saved the new ones for later. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
When I do that, I like to take compressed air and blow backwards through the filter also.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I do that, I like to take compressed air and blow backwards through the filter also.
120,000 miles over 5 years on my last truck before I decided to check my cabin filter. Blew it off and put right back in.😆

Can’t believe some people change them every 15,000 miles. What a waste of money.😲

1D0352E1-12AB-4574-82ED-0F521A84F8A4.jpeg

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
120,000 miles over 5 years on my last truck before I decided to check my cabin filter. Blew it off and put right back in.😆

Can’t believe some people change them every 15,000 miles. What a waste of money.😲

View attachment 136630
Guess some of that has to do with the environment you live and drive in. Here's a pic of the one I pulled out of my wife's Explorer this past weekend, only a year on this filter:
F3574B47-2FA7-493E-9EE7-76E2C3562465.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score
Guess some of that has to do with the environment you live and drive in. Here's a pic of the one I pulled out of my wife's Explorer this past weekend, only a year on this filter:
View attachment 136634
I agree. Yeah that’s real bad for one year.

Like anything it comes down to common sense. Check it and replace if needed and don’t trust dealerships or auto repairmen who say it needs to be replaced and then charge crazy amounts of $$$ to do it. Easy enough to verify and do it yourself.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 136630
Lol, I’m surprised that thing didn’t grow enough crap to disintegrate the filter.

Dewey

Reaction score
Lol, I’m surprised that thing didn’t grow enough crap to disintegrate the filter.
It was only slightly discolored with no visible debris. I was shocked it was that clean.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

View attachment 136630
yours does not look like a new one, it might still be dirty
if it as me I would take it to an auto parts store and compare it to a new one

OrtnerSkore

Reaction score
Just askin' a Q on cabin filters. if it really dirty, won't that impact the performance of the fan pulling in air?

I always just eyeball the cabin filter and I don't replace it unless it looks dirty.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just askin' a Q on cabin filters. if it really dirty, won't that impact the performance of the fan pulling in air?

I always just eyeball the cabin filter and I don't replace it unless it looks dirty.
It will, and the very dirty/ clogged filter will also cause air conditioning (cooling) to not work properly.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced mine with the k&n cabin filter reusable

I do this as well. Then you can clean it as often as you want. And within 2x it pays for itself. Plus it really does depend on your typical driving conditions. a bunch of trail stuff or dusty dessert or country road and you need to change it much more often. In that case this saves you money.

Maybe not so much for peeps that find they don’t have to change it even at 20k miles. I’ve always had to do it between 12-15k personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been camping most weekends for about the past 2 months. The truck was starting to show it. Washed today. Some clay bar tonight, fix some paint chips, some correction, and a coating yet to do. Then... to never drive it again :LOL: On a side note, I'm really starting to hate these wimpy looking tires. Can't wait to wear them out and replace.
1660327846895.png

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a side note, I'm really starting to hate these wimpy looking tires. Can't wait to wear them out and replace.

I know what you mean.

I had put wheels and tires on my '19. Kept the original wheels and tires in my garage. Traded the '19 on a '21 a couple of weeks ago. I swapped the wheels/tires before the trade, so the originals were back on the truck I traded in.

Now I have my "good" wheels and tires in my garage and have been having the same thoughts about the tires on my new truck.

With my '19, I drove the stock wheels and tires until they basically needed to be replaced. Then I bought new wheels and tires to go on.

The problem I discovered with that plan is that when I traded the truck in, I had to take a bit of a hit on the trade value because it needed new tires. This time, I'm going to take the stock wheels and tires off while they still have enough tread to say "the tires are good. It does not need new ones" when I eventually trade it in.

Side note: My stock wheels were/are 22". Tires for 22" wheels are a fair bit more expensive than 20" tires. When I bought mine, it was not THAT much more money to buy 20" wheels and tires than to just buy 22" tires to go on the stock wheels. After 2 or 3 tires changes, the 20" wheels will have paid for themselves.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know what you mean.

I had put wheels and tires on my '19. Kept the original wheels and tires in my garage. Traded the '19 on a '21 a couple of weeks ago. I swapped the wheels/tires before the trade, so the originals were back on the truck I traded in.

Now I have my "good" wheels and tires in my garage and have been having the same thoughts about the tires on my new truck.

With my '19, I drove the stock wheels and tires until they basically needed to be replaced. Then I bought new wheels and tires to go on.

The problem I discovered with that plan is that when I traded the truck in, I had to take a bit of a hit on the trade value because it needed new tires. This time, I'm going to take the stock wheels and tires off while they still have enough tread to say "the tires are good. It does not need new ones" when I eventually trade it in.

Side note: My stock wheels were/are 22". Tires for 22" wheels are a fair bit more expensive than 20" tires. When I bought mine, it was not THAT much more money to buy 20" wheels and tires than to just buy 22" tires to go on the stock wheels. After 2 or 3 tires changes, the 20" wheels will have paid for themselves.
Makes sense. I usually put wheels and tires on almost everything I buy :LOL: . Including the new side by side after 50 miles. I think the wife is onto my shenanigans. I don't mind these stock wheels though for once, so I'll probably keep them. Ill probably do a mild level and a 34 / 35 inch equivalent a/t tire when it comes time.

spelunk68

Reaction score
Not what I did today, what i did for the last 2 days. Cat back rough country exhaust. I love it, very very mild at low rpm and the auto start stop does not make a big starting sound like you get with the starter, but sounds sick when stomping on it out on the road. The video does it no justice. Also installed a platform for my buddy so he has a nice big flat area of his own and when he sits he is at window height instead of staring at a door panel, he hated that lol. Was nice to have a break in the weather, I felt human again outside instead of the living on mars experiment for the last month where an air conditioner is your only supply of oxygen!
Obligitory video of exhaust...
exh.JPEG pat1.JPEG plat2.JPEG

deepc6

Reaction score
Not what I did today, what i did for the last 2 days. Cat back rough country exhaust. I love it, very very mild at low rpm and the auto start stop does not make a big starting sound like you get with the starter, but sounds sick when stomping on it out on the road. The video does it no justice. Also installed a platform for my buddy so he has a nice big flat area of his own and when he sits he is at window height instead of staring at a door panel, he hated that lol. Was nice to have a break in the weather, I felt human again outside instead of the living on mars experiment for the last month where an air conditioner is your only supply of oxygen!
Obligitory video of exhaust...
View attachment 136724 View attachment 136725 View attachment 136726

Does your fold flat floor have legs upfront?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread