5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took it in for an oil change at the stealership. Offered a 3x change package for 199.00.
Took my Pulsar out before I took it in, just reinstalled, that’s all G…but now missing some stuff I updated in AlphaOBD, and the AC is irritating…it will blow super cold at MAX AC, but then turn fryer heat when I turn it down. Hopefully letting it sit for a while cures it. 🙏

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took it in for an oil change at the stealership. Offered a 3x change package for 199.00.
Took my Pulsar out before I took it in, just reinstalled, that’s all G…but now missing some stuff I updated in AlphaOBD, and the AC is irritating…it will blow super cold at MAX AC, but then turn fryer heat when I turn it down. Hopefully letting it sit for a while cures it. 🙏
Weird - Did the dealer perfom a uconnect update while you were there? Also, what did you say when they offered you that oil change "deal"?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird - Did the dealer perfom a uconnect update while you were there? Also, what did you say when they offered you that oil change "deal"?
I was offered the 3x deal after my last free change. I was given free oil changes at the time I bought the truck, but didn’t know there was an expiration date on those freebies. I made a small fuss, told them it showed nowhere on the contract of the expiration, so they offered me the 3 oil change deal. Considering that the regular price was $89+Tax I felt it was a good deal. I get other benefits with the oil change, so it seems well worth it.
As far as my settings, I think it was just a product of taking the battery cable off. After starting it up this morning, AC seems to be working correctly now, and all of the AlphaOBD stuff is back. My camera actually works again, lol. So the overnight rest worked.
Only thing I had to do was change over the display theme setting again. I like the Longhorn brown because it matches my interior. The Bighorn Red messes with my OCD.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haha
I was offered the 3x deal after my last free change. I was given free oil changes at the time I bought the truck, but didn’t know there was an expiration date on those freebies. I made a small fuss, told them it showed nowhere on the contract of the expiration, so they offered me the 3 oil change deal. Considering that the regular price was $89+Tax I felt it was a good deal. I get other benefits with the oil change, so it seems well worth it.
As far as my settings, I think it was just a product of taking the battery cable off. After starting it up this morning, AC seems to be working correctly now, and all of the AlphaOBD stuff is back. My camera actually works again, lol. So the overnight rest worked.
Only thing I had to do was change over the display theme setting again. I like the Longhorn brown because it matches my interior. The Bighorn Red messes with my OCD.
I have the Longhorn theme also! Really doesn't match anything in my truck, but I like that it is vastly different than the other 3 choices.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Limited, but I run the Laramie theme on my Uconnect, 'cause I like the black/red better. But, it does bug me that the speedo and tach surrounds are still illuminated in blue. Seems like they should change to match the theme.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talked to a buddy of mine at the local ford dealer. Told him to let me know when his pdr guy comes to town to fix dings. Trying to get this door ding cleaned up I picked up a year ago. Our closest one is 2+ hours away, and I just haven't made the time to do it.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This morning I took advantage of the nice weather and replaced the engine air filter. The old one wasn’t that bad, at least compared to the interior air filter (I already added a picture earlier I’m for that one, but did it again here), but since the filters are pretty cheap I decided to go ahead and replace it. I also had to vacuum out some leaf-pieces and a bit of dirt.

3E395B98-1B77-4C63-A3F4-CDCFEEB524DA.jpeg E5E4696F-091A-41E6-A71E-9BE419960D64.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread