5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Curious as to where you went in the settings to turn off the Honk 3 Times alert, I don't see that anywhere on mine

It’s not a setting you can turn off in the ‘22s. There are a couple threads on it. Whether it can even be turned off with alphaOBD has yet to be confirmed. But it IS a change for the ‘22s it’s sounded like.

As far as it not locking while running with the key fob out, I could swear it does, but I’ll have to check that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s not a setting you can turn off in the ‘22s. There are a couple threads on it. Whether it can even be turned off with alphaOBD has yet to be confirmed. But it IS a change for the ‘22s it’s sounded like.

As far as it not locking while running with the key fob out, I could swear it does, but I’ll have to check that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was one of the reasons I installed the Tazer, so I could turn the honk off - much better :). As far as the truck running while locked, you can always just remote-start it

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was one of the reasons I installed the Tazer, so I could turn the honk off - much better :). As far as the truck running while locked, you can always just remote-start it

But then it only runs for 20 minutes. No bueno if your objective is to keep your puppies cool while you're doing something that takes longer.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious as to where you went in the settings to turn off the Honk 3 Times alert, I don't see that anywhere on mine

I don't remember exactly. I do remember it was counter-intuitive. Like, the label implied lights, not anything to do with honking. I ended up going through ALL the Settings submenus in my Uconnect, just to see what all was there. Looking for options I didn't even know I had.

But, I have Uconnect 4 and you have Uconnect 5, which is very different. I have no idea if your Settings menus are anything like mine.

Joe_Lake

Reaction score
Installed the softopper this morning.
7edcf301426cdec480787592c3f24def.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Duran

Reaction score
Finally went and pulled the trigger on new wheels and tires

I went with Moto Metal Kraken rims. 20x10 offset is -18 mm
the tires i went with are the General Tire Grabbers AT/X 305/55r20

They all fit together so well. I added the black stems on the rims. but the valve is so far back you wouldn't even notice so save the money if it doesn't mean that much to you. It was worth the little extra in my opinion

The BIG question is DO THEY FIT.
Yes this size tire and rim combo does fit. I bit snug. Keep in mind i do have a 2.5 leveling kit. The only rub i experienced was the aftermarket mudflaps from Husky. I had to trim my front flaps down alot. it was annoying hearing it rub when reversing and cutting the wheels to park.
The tires dont stick out as far as i thought with that off set which was not a disappointment. It also added about 2 inches to the height of my truck

Other then that they are great tires and very quiet for the size they are.

I am in love.

Attachments

• 20220720_224211.jpg
    20220720_224211.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 20220723_190056.jpg
    20220723_190056.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 20220723_190114.jpg
    20220723_190114.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 141

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last weekend stop by the 4wheel parts jeep and truck fest, not really much to see but did pick up a pro comp 20" dual row combo light bar. Had been debating on the rc but this one was on display and is pretty solid and with a better warranty also cheaper.
The harnnes is not the best and this were they reduced cost.
Today finally got to install it
20220720_225122.jpg 20220720_222519.jpg

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Last weekend stop by the 4wheel parts jeep and truck fest, not really much to see but did pick up a pro comp 20" dual row combo light bar. Had been debating on the rc but this one was on display and is pretty solid and with a better warranty also cheaper.
The harnnes is not the best and this were they reduced cost.
Today finally got to install it
View attachment 135264 View attachment 135265
You weren't out around the Rosewood Park area Wednesday night by any chance were you? I took my 15 year old to California for his first time and we rode around the neighborhoods I grew up in. I am pretty sure I seen you somewhere around Rosewood or the Estrada Courts area.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Played with painters taped and other trying to figuered out if i want to add the reflective concepts ram grill decals. The blue match the etorque batch, yellow goes with license plate. Or keep it black. What you guys think
20220712_091625.jpg 20220712_190105.jpg 20220109_125843.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Blue or black. If license plates ever change, then yellow won't make sense. Or pick a different color theme all together and do the etorque badges as well.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Played with painters taped and other trying to figuered out if i want to add the reflective concepts ram grill decals. The blue match the etorque batch, yellow goes with license plate. Or keep it black. What you guys think
View attachment 135279 View attachment 135280 View attachment 135282
Also, I would suggest ordering through The Overlay Guy. He is a fellow 5th gen owner. As much as I like reflective concepts, and they have been good to me in the past, I'd rather support a fellow Ram owner and small business. www.theoverlayguy.com

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You weren't out around the Rosewood Park area Wednesday night by any chance were you? I took my 15 year old to California for his first time and we rode around the neighborhoods I grew up in. I am pretty sure I seen you somewhere around Rosewood or the Estrada Courts area.
jaja had to google both places, I am bad with names. probably by Estrada court area. Didn't know that was the name, I used to called them the blue projects back when I was in high school. I am constantly around that area hitting the food trucks, on my way to east la and I still have family on the adjacent projects closed to Soto street. I lived in front of Costello park around 96-97 during my early years in high school. Pretty rough area back then.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
jaja had to google both places, I am bad with names. probably by Estrada court area. Didn't know that was the name, I used to called them the blue projects back when I was in high school. I am constantly around that area hitting the food trucks, on my way to east la and I still have family on the adjacent projects closed to Soto street. I lived in front of Costello park around 96-97 during my early years in high school. Pretty rough area back then.
Right on, my mom and I used to live near the corner of Garnet and Esperanza with my uncle and his chick till I was 8/9 years old that was '86/'87. Then when she married my stepdad we moved to Rancho Cucamonga. It seems like its a bit more relaxed now than it was back in the day. I stopped in for a bit to pay my respects to my carnals Hermana and Tia, he passed from an OD at the end of '19 and I had not had a chance to see them since.

Fcso227

Reaction score
Removed and replaced all chrome pieces around the window, R/R all emblems except grille with black, R/R door handles with black. Removed and power coated Rims and tow hooks. Replaced chrome exhaust tips with black chrome tips. On Monday I take to shop to R/R chrome front and rear bumper, grill and a sport‘s hood that will be color matched to the truck. All oem parts with no plastic dip or vinyl wrap.

Once done I will post the completed updated look.
How hard is it to remove chrome pieces around window and door?

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Last night I added a gray dash cover, a 4knines back seat cover and a Nordic White Raven decal on the back window. Need to get pics of the dash and back seat but here is the Raven decal. Have other goodies coming this week.
Do you have any pictures of your dash cover? We have just received the DashMat Original cover and are not happy with its looks at all. We have the Ultimate on our 2018 and it's great but they don't make them for Gen 5 trucks.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How hard is it to remove chrome pieces around window and door?
Very easy once you removed screws and door panelin front to get around the mirrors etc. Held on with clips and 1 screw at the end if I remember correctly.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread