5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jake_eizy

Reaction score
Took the long weekend to try out some SuperWrap (vinyl plastidip equivalent).

Used gloss on the steering wheel ram, bighorn logo on glovebox, and front windshield deflector. Matte black on the accent tailgate piece.

37433d9b3ca9c34a07f110eaf937cbeb.jpg

df7d00fcd7d40af4b42a2a1de2211890.jpg

a92fcf63e6b9b25942dc8fffa5680f90.jpg

3f97fdbd5ddfefe8e948a46e3353c73d.jpg

3f97fdbd5ddfefe8e948a46e3353c73d.jpg

593d6f862fdc561db9e737e57cf3c0da.jpg
Where did you purchase the carbon fiber interior inserts?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not today, but Saturday: Performed first oil change on truck, Wix HP filter and Mobil1 Advanced Fuel Economy full synth 0w-20. I don't know what value the "Advanced Fuel Economy" is going to add, but since I like Mobil1 anyway, and Amazon had 10 qts for $65 I figured I'll give it a shot.

Of course I am "while I was in there" guy, so I decided to tackle removing the AGS. Not too bad of a job, actually just removed all shutters except the center (attached to the motor) and the bottom one, reinstalling the center retainer in case the motor needs a reference to stay synchronized. No CEL as of yet, and I didn't have much of a chance to drive around after the "upgrade", so I'll be interested to see how the additional airflow affects temps or performance.

PeteyK49

Reaction score
I gave it a much needed bath…power washed, Foam cannon, power washed, scrubbed, power washed, clayed, foam cannon, power washed, dried, polished, waxed with turtle wax ceramic spray… the paint had so many water spots and was rough to the touch… the clearcoat looked hazed over…washed and waxed the wifeys car too because she was jealous…

Attachments

• C9D0AC9C-E311-49FD-9AB5-323322CA160D.jpeg
    C9D0AC9C-E311-49FD-9AB5-323322CA160D.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 122
  • CFA40670-23AD-4124-813F-088C39518AD8.jpeg
    CFA40670-23AD-4124-813F-088C39518AD8.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 122
  • D9A35A04-F9D5-4BA8-B85D-77CB189EACDC.jpeg
    D9A35A04-F9D5-4BA8-B85D-77CB189EACDC.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 122

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I gave it a much needed bath…power washed, Foam cannon, power washed, scrubbed, power washed, clayed, foam cannon, power washed, dried, polished, waxed with turtle wax ceramic spray… the paint had so many water spots and was rough to the touch… the clearcoat looked hazed over…washed and waxed the wifeys car too because she was jealous…
You missed a spot :LOL:

Seriously tho, looks good, that reflection off the chrome is an eye catcher too!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not today, but Saturday: Performed first oil change on truck, Wix HP filter and Mobil1 Advanced Fuel Economy full synth 0w-20. I don't know what value the "Advanced Fuel Economy" is going to add, but since I like Mobil1 anyway, and Amazon had 10 qts for $65 I figured I'll give it a shot.

Of course I am "while I was in there" guy, so I decided to tackle removing the AGS. Not too bad of a job, actually just removed all shutters except the center (attached to the motor) and the bottom one, reinstalling the center retainer in case the motor needs a reference to stay synchronized. No CEL as of yet, and I didn't have much of a chance to drive around after the "upgrade", so I'll be interested to see how the additional airflow affects temps or performance.
There's really no benefit to removing the AGS.

PeteyK49

Reaction score
You missed a spot :LOL:

Seriously tho, looks good, that reflection off the chrome is an eye catcher too!
Haha thanks… I missed a few spots. I slacked on my roof and windows… maybe today if I get free time after work, I’ll polish them too..

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took the long weekend to try out some SuperWrap (vinyl plastidip equivalent).

Used gloss on the steering wheel ram, bighorn logo on glovebox, and front windshield deflector. Matte black on the accent tailgate piece.

Looks good! Is that as easy to remove as the standard plastic dip?

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Over the weekend - Replaced front shocks with Eibach adjustable shocks. Removed the no-name spacers so the height remained the same.

Ram12375

Reaction score
How did you get a quad cab back country in granite crystal? They wouldn't let me order one in granite crystal unless I ordered a crew cab

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. Isn’t Turtle wax ceramic spray awesome? I did my truck 2 months ago and the coating remains just like new. For a quick apply product I think thats pretty great.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, one of these days I'll get around to washing my beauty, and would like to try some of these products you guys use. Particularly the ceramic coatings.

Just curious what you apply with. I have several different microfiber towels I use for cleaning, mostly windows, but they all leave microfibers behind that then look like glitter in direct sun.

PeteyK49

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. Isn’t Turtle wax ceramic spray awesome? I did my truck 2 months ago and the coating remains just like new. For a quick apply product I think thats pretty great.
Yea, it’s good stuff for the cost. I used the hybrid solutions ceramic spray just to see how it stacks up to the flex wax. I got my truck used about two years ago. The paint was hammered. So I Compounded it and polished. Finished it off with the flex wax. It lasted about a year with weekly Auto car washes. I’m hoping to get similar results but I’m going to hand wash it from here on out. I got a foam cannon and it works way better than I figured

PeteyK49

Reaction score
So, one of these days I'll get around to washing my beauty, and would like to try some of these products you guys use. Particularly the ceramic coatings.

Just curious what you apply with. I have several different microfiber towels I use for cleaning, mostly windows, but they all leave microfibers behind that then look like glitter in direct sun.
I use stuff you can buy at Walmart. Meguiars ultimate compound and polish. Turtle wax hyper foam wash and wax soap with a foam cannon. Microfiber mitt… did the 2 bucket method with dirt guards in the buckets. Used a clay bar mitt then polished the truck with a buffer. I used turtle wax ceramic spray and micro fiber towels to apply it. Last time I used an applicator pad. I’m too cheap to spend the money on a real ceramic coating. I’d rather spend a few hours every few months to make it shine…

Users who are viewing this thread