5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you should mention Tekton...I just bought a deep socket set a week ago and really like them. We will see how long they last. I don't do a lot of automotive work, but when I do I want something that won't break.
I have a 3/4 and 1” drive tekton impact sets that I used on heavy equipment. They held up great.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Replaced my door lock knobs

DDE9401C-9DA4-434A-8398-D623C93DCCD7.jpeg

With these

3BB56479-8456-4ECD-A461-5B0C03A19D07.jpeg
2676524C-F49B-4932-A307-C012B83BAB55.jpeg

I don't know why Ram thinks silver door lock knobs on a Night package make any sense. I had been searching for some black knobs, but I couldn't find specifically what I was looking for. Then I recalled that I had an assortment of plugs - problem solved 😃

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my door lock knobs

View attachment 133620

With these

View attachment 133621
View attachment 133622

I don't know why Ram thinks silver door lock knobs on a Night package make any sense. I had been searching for some black knobs, but I couldn't find specifically what I was looking for. Then I recalled that I had an assortment of plugs - problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jako

Reaction score
Also planning to move end of next year, but still things could change. we'll see
I was ready to roll but family said lets wait another year
Best wihes on the move if it comes to fruition. Maybe go the route of a mobil home. If it don't work out just move on.

I've been anchored in NYC by job and family. Job over but In laws 94 and 92, live a 1/2 mile away, 3 sons local, 2 are so local that they are in the next room. Sometimes I feel like running away.

If you do go the mobil home route keep me posted, maybe we can get a 2X package deal.

HemiDude

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, not my style tho. Was looking for a simple black version of the stock knobs, but I think I'm going to be much happier now with no knobs at all

Jako

Reaction score
With so many people leaving, and nobody in their right mind moving to NY, who is going to buy your overpriced houses??? What are you using for money to buy a new house elsewhere???

Dave
Crazy politicians for sure but there is money and demand in NYC real estate. The prices went higher with the rates going up and the supply low, house next door (flip) to where I grew up bid 60,000 over asking selling for 650K. The money and talent is still in NYC and the metro area. For how long is the question.
Today is the 47th anniversary of the City of NY laying off cops and firefighters. It bounced back strong and was doing well until mini mike bloombucks had term limits reworked for his 3rd term. That (and low voter turnout) put a cancer in the mayor's office.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
So my phone won't pair with the truck. Successfully sends a code to the phone, phone receives it, I acknowledge the prompt on the truck screen, then is churns for a while and says that it failed to connect. However, I've been blaming my phone : it's an 8 yr old Samsung Galaxy S5, which is kind of ancient in cell phone standards. I guess I should try my wife's iphone 13 and if that fails too then I'll know it's a problem with the truck's side of the connection.
The screen said it was connected but nothing worked. Once they got it working, we left and did some shopping. The phone wouldn't work so we headed back to the dealer. For us, the phone had to be paired several times before it started to work correctly. It must be a common issue because the youngster knew exactly what to do.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Installed the Borla touring cat back. Maybe I should’ve gone with the S-Type. At least I won’t be pissing off my neighbors too bad. It sounds really good, just would like a little bit more volume C154D8F5-FDD7-46A4-B751-49C47CA2FF2E.jpeg D46C5787-5488-4806-863E-068D331AB30A.jpeg

MJH19RAM

Reaction score
LT295/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed on Factory wheels to finally replace factory Falkens. Factory’s were at 4/32 or so with 31,000 miles on them. 2019 Laramie 4x4 ORG w/ Bilstein +1.5” on the front. No wheel spacers. Full clearance, no rub. Completely transformed the look of the truck. Initial tire impressions are great. In my opinion, improved the ride quality by firming it up. Minimal road noise for how aggressive they are. Hoping they wear nicely. Excuse the dirty truck in the photos. I’m very pleased so far. Only downside is…$2k set of tires. Not uncommon these days, though.

E765BA88-6451-4F22-B6C5-E56062CAA602.jpeg 1AD02AFF-7608-4FD3-90C2-10C9B5EAF8D0.jpeg

Jako

Reaction score
heres a new one...

Ask a member of the NYPD how many years they have on the job and the answer is how many they have to go to retirement. Dumblasio destroyed NYC, Cuomo helped. Nothing done on retail theft (well a report is made) and the thieves know it. Local retail chain store had inventory loss of 8%.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a truck stopper for the garage floor?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Only problem I see is not being able to look to see if the truck is locked.
I considered that, so far not a big deal. I'm in a drive-thru almost every morning, and it's been nice not having the knob right where I rest my arm. And I'm really liking not seeing that silver.

Users who are viewing this thread