5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Picked up our new truck today and we are loving it. The trip back home was about 100 miles so we got some behind the wheel time. It a cover for the front carpet over the hump as the factory all weather mats ignore this. Tomorrow, I plan on installing the running boards and Gatorback mud flaps. We have a Lomax trifold tonneau to put one and the Bedrug bed mate floor mat. Don't know what all we'll be able to do as we have some items to cook up for a get together on Sunday and my Covid destroyed lungs don't give me the oxygen I need to function as before.

God washed away the pollen that had collected on it on the way home and due to the road debris and our 1 1/2 mile dirt driveway it is no longer showroom clean. Was running short on time at the dealership so didn't get any pictures but will have some to post sometime.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts on Royal Purple?

I use their stuff in my ATVs, engine oil, diff fluid etc and it has always been great. Tried it in my wife’s Caddy and it seemed fine. But I didn’t use it in my charger or my Tundra cuz it was hard to find RP 0W-20 in bulk at that time for whatever reason. Wasn't cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob.

Reaction score
I use their stuff in my ATVs, engine oil, diff fluid etc and it has always been great. Tried it in my wife’s Caddy and it seemed fine. But I didn’t use it in my charger or my Tundra cuz it was hard to find RP 0W-20 in bulk at that time for whatever reason. Want cost effective.

I use 30W for all my lawn mowers and zero turn.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
How was the install on the reverse lights?
It's super easy with the Auto Operation Only kit. Takes 20 minutes or less. If you run the full kit with switch it takes longer because you have to run wires from the front of the truck all of the way to the back. I did a full kit on a customers Rebel to include running the switch and switch harness inside the truck and mounting the switch and it took me about 3.5 hours total. It can be done faster but I was taking my time to run the harness tight against the factory harness the entire way.

ThePretender

Reaction score
Installed UnderCover Armor Flex cover

5a55ece67d491ce08ad617938c1f58b1.jpg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the Hellwig rear sway bar and have to agree with all the praise. It's noticeable at higher speeds, but especially at low speeds and off road. The truck used to rock and oversteer anytime I tried to pull out onto a road quickly, but not anymore. Just have it in the middle hole. Might try the closest hole after awhile. I imagine this will make towing the camper even better.

Granted this probably would hurt any hard-core offloading, but we have a Wrangler to scratch that itch, but even it doesn't see anything too difficult these days.
20220618_102959.jpg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just installed the Hellwig rear sway bar and have to agree with all the praise. It's noticeable at higher speeds, but especially at low speeds and off road. The truck used to rock and oversteer anytime I tried to pull out onto a road quickly, but not anymore. Just have it in the middle hole. Might try the closest hole after awhile. I imagine this will make towing the camper even better.

Granted this probably would hurt any hard-core offloading, but we have a Wrangler to scratch that itch, but even it doesn't see anything too difficult these days.
View attachment 132500
It's hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like you installed it upside down.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't see any up or down. This way the center section points straight back vs slightly up same as the OE bar.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a Dash Designs Dashtex type Dash Cover.
Had a dashmat in pretty much all my vehicles, but hesitated for a bit with this truck. So much real estate to cover, wasnt sure how it would look. Well, I think I made a good decision, because I really like how it looks.

Attachments

• 20220618_093406.jpg
    20220618_093406.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 20220618_093341.jpg
    20220618_093341.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 164

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Changed the oil today, back to Mobil 1 and guess what I no longer have? Motor is back to being quiet, no more lifter noise on startup, nothing. F Pennzoil Ultimate Platinum

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck just updated... got coolant temp back in the off road pages 😏 and lost oil pressure from the off road pages... 😒 now need another update to update my update. Otherwise, don't notice anything different. 20220618_215259.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread