5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WReckeR

Reaction score
Yes, it is about what we've done to our Rams.
But one thing we all do every day is drive them, and every week or so, fill them up.
We are driving some of the least fuel efficient vehicles available to citizens (non-commercial), eco-diesels excluded.

So, the way we feel about our trucks is affected by the way we feel about fuel prices. My friend who owns a Tesla doesn't even think about gas prices. He pays pennies to charge his vehicle, at the overnight rate.

We have to first settle ourselves that we are vulnerable to high fuel prices. We CHOSE these trucks. For me, the most important thing is to understand what factors lead to higher prices.

The Keystone pipeline closure is NOT a reason. I already said, the oil we refine for gasoline is not the oil we can produce in the U.S. And even if it was, that oil would still be priced in the global market. The oil companies would still have to staff up, which is a labor competition against other jobs for every worker. There were housing shortages where the fields were. The conditions are filthy and the work is hard. And yes, oil shale is one of the nastiest sources, requiring an incredible amount of water and leaving behind massive amounts of waste products. Every consumer should think about that at least a little bit. It's just terribly short sighted to only care about your weekly budget.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t even have an economy mode. Or stop/start. Or 2-wheel drive. Just 4-auto gas-guzzler mode.
LOL! Economy mode on a TRX!! Now that's funny I don't care who you are!! I guess you decided to keep the TRX or hasn't the second Rebel come in yet?

U

User_63152

All I know is that I love my RAM. Gas is expensive, yes. But, like what was stated before, we choose these, no where near fuel efficient, trucks.

I apologize for stirring anything up.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Economy mode was my justification to my wife for the pulsar.
Same here, but then went and put bigger wheels and tires, and she goes, “so how does that help your fuel economy…?”
Simple. Leave the truck in the garage…drive the 4cyl…lol.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kept the TRX. Couldn’t imagine starting up a Rebel every day and saying, “I wish I had kept the TRX.”
Just realized you have a TRX.....that thing is drinking for sure. Are they standard equipped with 33 gal tank?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished up my Paragoptics install

5ad3024015e0ca09f228509a1fc22e6f.jpg

701e0ffea22a997000e1896b89e7e1c0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread