5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ram0686

Reaction score
Came home yet again. Over a week now. Everyday. This red cardinal is attacking itself. Well he thinks he is. Flying into rear window, side mirrors, ****#ing all over it. I didn’t want to kill it but now I don’t care. I can never get him close. Wife said she can literally pull up. And he will fly in. He has now scratched the side mirror.

Any ideas how to get it to stop? If I come home tomorrow and there is more signs of it. Walmart and BB gun it is.
7eb847042b15aeaddc3a46c520c47c80.jpg

0ff5e679222dd5ec5132ddb0847df2e3.jpg

06750828794a51a8bfc975ccf846e238.jpg
I had a mockingbird that did the exact same thing. Tried a rubber snake. Didn't work. So I took care of him the ole fashioned way.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
This is the base retrofit kit. My truck didn’t come with ambient lighting so I have to re-pin every door harness, install all the wiring for the leds, and pull power for the PDM’s.

Did you already have ambient lighting in your truck?
No, I have a Rebel. There was no ambient lighting or wiring. The only thing I had was the front LED foot well lights. But, Paragoptics released a rear foot well retrofit kit that I had already installed. It describes the difference in the video if you have the Base model or the Premium one. I had to repin all the doors and run the wiring as well.

cjerman617

Reaction score
No, I have a Rebel. There was no ambient lighting or wiring. The only thing I had was the front LED foot well lights. But, Paragoptics released a rear foot well retrofit kit that I had already installed. It describes the difference in the video if you have the Base model or the Premium one. I had to repin all the doors and run the wiring as well.

So if you already have the ambient lighting it’s just a matter of swapping bulbs, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nice exact same kit I just installed, I filmed the install for my channel as the instructions on their page leave a lot to the imagination.

I just finished this morning and everything is working great!

70ad844c895c710743e3d2a66ae8212e.jpg

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. What did you use?
Thanks!

ReadyLift 1.5 Inch Leveling Kit (Air Suspension). It's a couple of spacers and new upper control arms along with some brackets to reposition the stock links so the air suspension thinks it's still at normal height after the spacers lift it.

Interestingly, I was actually just a tiny bit nose-high and could feel the difference in that the ride was a bit bouncier, and I'd get a bit of front-body roll coming out of a sharp turn. I used the Revel Links I had tried before to drop the front by about a quarter inch and now everything is perfect.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great looking truck! What wheels are those? If you don’t mind me asking.
It's all here

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came home yet again. Over a week now. Everyday. This red cardinal is attacking itself. Well he thinks he is. Flying into rear window, side mirrors, ****#ing all over it. I didn’t want to kill it but now I don’t care. I can never get him close. Wife said she can literally pull up. And he will fly in. He has now scratched the side mirror.

Any ideas how to get it to stop? If I come home tomorrow and there is more signs of it. Walmart and BB gun it is.
7eb847042b15aeaddc3a46c520c47c80.jpg

0ff5e679222dd5ec5132ddb0847df2e3.jpg

06750828794a51a8bfc975ccf846e238.jpg
Territorial. He sees his reflection and wants to defend it.
I have the odd Robin and Cedar Waxwing that go at my kitchen window.
A couple have knocked themselves out.

pinzg35

Reaction score
Has anyone had to do the Trailer Reverse Steering Control Module recall update? I had mine done the other day and I don't think it's just me but now at almost every stop and go situation, my brake holds (like it does when at an incline). I'm positive the truck just did this at inclines so am confused on why it does it now at normal stop and go's. Anyone?

pmegason

Reaction score
Finally level my truck. Now I can fit 33's when its time for new tires. Biggest issue for that is finding new wheels that I like and that actually in stock somewhere.

66-1921 READY LIFT 2IN LEVEL KIT W/TUBULAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS19-C RAM 1500 4WD

Tesla

Reaction score
About 4-5 times while driving this morning, my truck made some kind of gargling sound from the engine area for a few seconds while at low speeds, then as I sped up it went away. Anyone know what this could be?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's all here
Wow. $900+ per rim. That’s a tough sell to my wife and I can usually get away with most things!

WReckeR

Reaction score
View attachment 123977

You beat my mileage. I drove 548 miles including climbing up and over Grapevine Hill and driving around Cambria and San Simeon.
Did a quick calculation.
12,000 miles per year
15mpg in a 5.7L vs 30mpg in the ecoDiesel
$4.25 for gas, $4.75 for diesel
Diesel would save you $1,500 a year, if prices held steady.
The engine's MSRP is $4,995.
3.3 years to recover the additional cost.

Of course if you already had the diesel, you paid less when negotiation was easier. However, fuel costs were cheaper too. And of course fuel prices vary by where you're buying.

I think it's pretty clear though, you can recover the cost of that engine option in 3-5 years easily. And you can be smug about having a smaller carbon footprint, at least until 2024 when the electric Ram debuts.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
15mpg is a pretty low average for the hemi.

And diesel is now almost $6 a gallon where e15 is $4ish.

Plus take into account the higher overall maintenance costs of the diesel, oil changes filters, def and what not.

It’s almost a wash

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Has anyone had to do the Trailer Reverse Steering Control Module recall update? I had mine done the other day and I don't think it's just me but now at almost every stop and go situation, my brake holds (like it does when at an incline). I'm positive the truck just did this at inclines so am confused on why it does it now at normal stop and go's. Anyone?
I sure hope this isn't an issue with the recall repair. I haven't had any issues with mine, but scheduled my recall appointment for next Friday. I would be very disappointed if the repair caused problems that didn't exist previously! :(

tac63

Reaction score
Stripped bad paint on my RB40 GoRhino boards and coated it in bedliner. Swapped polished factory lugnuts that were starting to swell with black lugnuts. Painted front tow hooks and rear tow shackle red. Installed new Rigid ditch lights and KC Cyclone V2 lights for undercarriage clearance and engine.
20220321_071755.jpg 20220320_185924.jpg 20220320_185949.jpg 20220320_195301.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread