5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Tesla

Reaction score
It is just the front sensor and not the rear? I ask because both mine said service and come to find out it was a special fuse issue that the dealer is ordering.

Yeah just the front one. Sometimes it’ll start working, then it’ll stop again. Just started happening over the last month and a half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla

Reaction score
3d88e6ba2b71cf8b6532615868e2dd97.jpg

Is this one of you

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Added my rear bumper lights into the cargo/bed light circuit. Previously had them solely on the reverse light circuit via the trailer harness. Tapped into the bed light power wire and used a diode to eliminate any back-feed. Very handy being able to control them with the cargo lights as well as always coming on in reverse.

abfc6634420a785d4b4049e3457ada3b.jpg

ac5a54ddbedff5fe78b6b01be01b8e5d.jpg

For those pesky tailgaters…

aec57c9d78f534a44235cc021076fdcd.jpg

dmitriy

Reaction score
This looks great, one of the better bed light installs I've seen. Nice job! What light kit did you use and where did you tap power?

Thank you! I just pulled some parts together off Amazon (LED’s , wire , good 3m double sided tape) and soldered myself a kit so to speak. (I had to cut the strips into 3 pieces to account for the rail body mounts blocking the groove where the LEDs sit and join them with some wire).
Then I got some connectors of DigiKey and made a ‘Y’ harness to tap into the factory bed lights (which were a PITA to run the wires for btw). So now both of them light up as if from the factory.

(I still need to add some sheathing where the wires go into the bed holes)

9531344F-6519-49C7-B1BA-ECAD40993BA6.jpeg 77129051-C76A-4194-9826-8611E28BFAA9.jpeg F2F5F988-0D8E-4CE6-9885-F1FADDB2E3D0.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cracked the windshield, got a chip around 500 miles, now at 7400 and it cracked. Thankfully its in the P/S upper corner so I can live with it
That's why you have the chips fixed before they turn into cracks. Most insurance companies will cover chip repair at no cost.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With hockey season winding down, I have some time off the road to do a needed deep clean. First hand wash in months. The paint had so many black flecks that I then clay barred the entire thing. Now I need to touch up a few stone chips and do a complete polish and seal. I'm really disappointed with the powder coat on my Nfab's. Did not last at all compared to the last ones on my ranger. What should I coat them with? Bedliner? I'd have them redone, but the powder coater I use is out about a month on projects right now.

I might have put finding an ecodiesel on the back burner for now ha. Fuel prices have gone insane. I do love this truck and maybe I'll keep it a while. Now I gotta find a way to tell the Mrs. I need wheels, tires, and a lift. :LOL:
IMG_6747 (002).jpg
IMG_6748 (002).jpg

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With hockey season winding down, I have some time off the road to do a needed deep clean. First hand wash in months. The paint had so many black flecks that I then clay barred the entire thing. Now I need to touch up a few stone chips and do a complete polish and seal. I'm really disappointed with the powder coat on my Nfab's. Did not last at all compared to the last ones on my ranger. What should I coat them with? Bedliner? I'd have them redone, but the powder coater I use is out about a month on projects right now.

I might have put finding an ecodiesel on the back burner for now ha. Fuel prices have gone insane. I do love this truck and maybe I'll keep it a while. Now I gotta find a way to tell the Mrs. I need wheels, tires, and a lift. :LOL:
I recommend Line-x-ing the steps... re-powder coating will just yield similar results in my experience. I always have problems with powdercoating lasting up here in our salty northeast... i know a couple guys who have had theirs Line-x'd and they have lasted with no problems... (as long as the prep is done right.) if/when it happens to my current set, that is my plan.

doolin64

Reaction score
Added my rear bumper lights into the cargo/bed light circuit. Previously had them solely on the reverse light circuit via the trailer harness. Tapped into the bed light power wire and used a diode to eliminate any back-feed. Very handy being able to control them with the cargo lights as well as always coming on in reverse.
I'd like to do this. Do you have pictures of how you wired this up?

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recommend Line-x-ing the steps... re-powder coating will just yield similar results in my experience. I always have problems with powdercoating lasting up here in our salty northeast... i know a couple guys who have had theirs Line-x'd and they have lasted with no problems... (as long as the prep is done right.) if/when it happens to my current set, that is my plan.
Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll give that route a go. They look terrible right now, and stick out like a sore thumb.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 123395
View attachment 123396
Get the Husky mud flaps. Will protect the road debris from hitting the steps. Also helps keep rockers from getting damaged.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get the Husky mud flaps. Will protect the road debris from hitting the steps. Also helps keep rockers from getting damaged.
Solid point. I did have flaps on my ranger, but that was also lifted with bigger tires and -18 wheels. They threw rocks terribly, but maybe the flaps did more than I thought.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
I'd like to do this. Do you have pictures of how you wired this up?

I did not take any pictures of the wiring but it’s super easy to do if you have the OEM bed lights (I installed and activated them myself using AlfaOBD). I tapped into the power wire (brown/white) for the passenger side bed light and ran a wire with a 1N4001 diode to the power wire for the bumper lights. Make sure the stripe of the diode is pointing towards the reverse lights so that they don’t back-feed and cause the cargo lights to come on when you put it in reverse.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
3d88e6ba2b71cf8b6532615868e2dd97.jpg

Is this one of you

Definitely on this forum. I've seen that sticker before. Even some talk about people think it was a sticker for the LA Rams. Think it may have been in this thread but don't want to sift through 1200 pages :p

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely on this forum. I've seen that sticker before. Even some talk about people think it was a sticker for the LA Rams. Think it may have been in this thread but don't want to sift through 1200 pages :p

Users who are viewing this thread