5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MontFla

Reaction score
Anyone use a USB C instead of a standard USB for CarPlay? I’ve had issues with CarPlay always disconnecting with both USB C to lightning cables I tried. I used a standard USB A cable for about 5 months problem free, will switch back to that. Just wanted to see if it’s a common issue or if it’s just my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USB c worked fine in my 2021 bighorn. 2022 is wireless

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few anker cables but i don't use them in vehicles anymore because the vehicle connections seem to be more finicky than anything about the cables themselves. I rented a Mustang GT once on a short vacation and carplay didn't work in it for half the trip because of my trusty anker cable. So i pack those in my bags for hotel rooms and stuff but I always use a real apple cable in cars now and haven't had problems since across multiple brands.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone use a USB C instead of a standard USB for CarPlay? I’ve had issues with CarPlay always disconnecting with both USB C to lightning cables I tried. I used a standard USB A cable for about 5 months problem free, will switch back to that. Just wanted to see if it’s a common issue or if it’s just my truck

Been using an official apple USB C to Lightning cable since I bought my truck for carplay. Almost 2 yrs and almost zero issues. Maybe once or twice every few months car play doesn't want to work but I can never tell if it's the truck or the phone. Usually unplugging and plugging back in corrects it. I never have issues with it disconnecting however.

truckless

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Did you catch up to the highway dept truck and complain

Oh yeah, the contractor denied responsibility. I said "wtf, I got a video...which in the high def version you can freeze the video and get the company logo and truck number. He else would be responsible? Your sorry *** company deserves to go bankrupt"....which they were in the midst of bankruptcy protection and we selling off assets and are now defunct.
Went to the dept. of transportation...they said "they have an obligation to keep the roads safe" to which I said "by straddling the center line hurling projectiles?". So they sent it to an arbitrator. Who came back and apologetically enforced the rules that were designed to completely protect everyone but me.

$500 insurance deductible out of my own pocket :mad:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the contractor denied responsibility. I said "wtf, I got a video...which in the high def version you can freeze the video and get the company logo and truck number. He else would be responsible? Your sorry *** company deserves to go bankrupt"....which they were in the midst of bankruptcy protection and we selling off assets and are now defunct.
Went to the dept. of transportation...they said "they have an obligation to keep the roads safe" to which I said "by straddling the center line hurling projectiles?". So they sent it to an arbitrator. Who came back and apologetically enforced the rules that were designed to completely protect everyone but me.

This is why I'm never automatically on board with "support the truckers." Some of them are jackasses and dangerous on the roads. The companies they work for are often worse.

Also, rock chips annoy me lol.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Reminds me of the Ohio snow plow jacka$$. Glad we don't have to deal with that down here in Floriduh.

And he got someone's Ram too...

MontFla

Reaction score

That sucks. They should take some responsibility as they have insurance. Sorry

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I’ll say good about living here in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts, we have no deductible on auto glass. It either gets repaired or replaced with factory glass with no deductible. If it’s a chip or crack that falls within the wiper sweep of the driver’s side wiper, it’s a replace, anywhere else it’s a repair up to (I think) a 4” circle. Past that it’s a replace. My Charger had 3 windshields in the few years I had her all from highway stuff.

Last edited:

2talltexan

Reaction score
Lifted my 2019 Limited 4x4 with BDS 4” suspension lift for air ride, added Fuel Rebel wheels and 35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country AT3s. The ride is shockingly good - extremely smooth. The 3.92 gears and etorque handle the extra weight of the lift and tires really well. All 5 levels of air suspension work as expected.
Here are some pics.
4BF157A4-2B56-4A94-B203-774E611D999D.jpeg B04EBD73-3291-4FE9-9079-75924728F1B8.jpeg 04FB1A74-E4C5-4497-A314-979D686BED9A.jpeg AA6B8268-B159-4887-80BB-42A0C7D19316.jpeg

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Lifted my 2019 Limited 4x4 with BDS 4” suspension lift for air ride, added Fuel Rebel wheels and 35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country AT3s. The ride is shockingly good - extremely smooth. The 3.92 gears and etorque handle the extra weight of the lift and tires really well. All 5 levels of air suspension work as expected.
Here are some pics.
View attachment 121786 View attachment 121787 View attachment 121788
Great looking truck! Stance is perfect, wheel/tire combo ties it all together.

Dave

truckless

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Ohio snow plow jacka$$. Glad we don't have to deal with that down here in Floriduh.

And he got someone's Ram too...

That should have criminal charges brought up. You or I do something like that with a private vehicle there sure as hell would be. No way in hell that is the SOP

truckless

Reaction score
Looks good. Interesting, I have a limited and mine are not gloss. Did they change that for 2022? Part numbers please?
One nice thing about a black truck....on my last two anyway...they just didn't come with the vinyls. If this one does, they are just coming right off.

Users who are viewing this thread