5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Brunzca

Reaction score
yoo great looking truck! I have the night edition wheels and want to do the same, just get aggressive tires. What size/type are these? Any info SUPER appreciated. also, are those hooks up front able to be added to any truck? I dont think I have the spots open?

Nice truck! Did paint those tow hooks or did you buy em that color? I’ve been wanting to do the same thing to my truck.

Thanks! The tires are 275 65 r20 (34”) Nitto Grappler Recons. I’ve got almost 5000 miles on them so far, and love them.

I added the hooks myself, actually bought them used from a forum member here, and you can get the plastic bevel to go around the edges from Amazon pretty cheap. The OEM hooks are $$ from Mopar, I know there are knockoff ones available for less, but I can’t say if they are any good, or not.

I painted these myself, as far as I know, they only come in powder coated black, or chrome.

blckout

Reaction score
Thanks! The tires are 275 65 r20 (34”) Nitto Grappler Recons. I’ve got almost 5000 miles on them so far, and love them.

I added the hooks myself, actually bought them used from a forum member here, and you can get the plastic bevel to go around the edges from Amazon pretty cheap. The OEM hooks are $$ from Mopar, I know there are knockoff ones available for less, but I can’t say if they are any good, or not.

I painted these myself, as far as I know, they only come in powder coated black, or chrome.

you rock, thank you!

and those tires fit the stock night edition wheels without any modifications right?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Truck seemed to be a little sluggish when starting, so I picked up a new battery. Went with the larger H8 900 CCA that still fits in the tray. I think it's the one that comes on the eco diesel. Walmart has the best price and is the same battery made by Johnson controls.

Also. Installed the Mopar anti-moan rear brake kit. Hopefully it works, sound like a damn fog horn backing up in the morning.

Pics for reference.
f23903b50b2522888363ca81e2c8a0bb.jpg
60bda39fb89797dba39a5706d79a151b.jpg
ab33d95350b4d6990100fff620ab62af.jpg
420b0c0ffd643c775c8d5dd3f7a7acbc.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Kovy23

Reaction score

How do the Recon Grapplers ride? I've had Ridge Grapplers on my last truck (loved them) and started looking to get rid of the factory tires I have on now.

Brunzca

Reaction score
The stock Night Edition wheels are 20x9.
Doh! Correct…. I don’t know what I was thinking. Sorry. I have the 20x9

How do the Recon Grapplers ride? I've had Ridge Grapplers on my last truck (loved them) and started looking to get rid of the factory tires I have on now.

I think they ride great. Ive never had Nittos, or any other AT or mud tire before, though, only highway/touring tires.. they are obviously a bit louder than the stock tires, but the ride is still nice, and that’s with top hat spacers, too.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Used AlfaOBD to enable the tailgate ajar warning in dash, changed my heated steering wheel settings to high/med/low and switched it to lesher steering wheel. For some reason it was set to leather/wood, which may explain why some trucks have a really hot steering wheel that are just kaether wrapped

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Truck seemed to be a little sluggish when starting, so I picked up a new battery. Went with the larger H8 900 CCA that still fits in the tray. I think it's the one that comes on the eco diesel. Walmart has the best price and is the same battery made by Johnson controls.

Also. Installed the Mopar anti-moan rear brake kit. Hopefully it works, sound like a damn fog horn backing up in the morning.

Pics for reference.
f23903b50b2522888363ca81e2c8a0bb.jpg
60bda39fb89797dba39a5706d79a151b.jpg
ab33d95350b4d6990100fff620ab62af.jpg
420b0c0ffd643c775c8d5dd3f7a7acbc.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
What is this anti moan you speak of. I hear some creaking once in awhile but never a moan.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Used AlfaOBD to enable the tailgate ajar warning in dash, changed my heated steering wheel settings to high/med/low and switched it to lesher steering wheel. For some reason it was set to leather/wood, which may explain why some trucks have a really hot steering wheel that are just kaether wrapped
I sure didn’t know you can change the heated steering wheel to have multiple levels

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What is this anti moan you speak of. I hear some creaking once in awhile but never a moan.
Some of the Rams built within a specific time period experience vibration from the rear brakes which cause a moan or some times a "fog horn". It happens when the brakes are damp/wet. There is a technical service bulletin that addresses the issue. The problem is solved by adding the bracket.
First time I had it happen (fog horn) I was backing up in some deep snow.

Some of the TSBs are located here:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some of the Rams built within a specific time period experience vibration from the rear brakes which cause a moan or some times a "fog horn". It happens when the brakes are damp/wet. There is a technical service bulletin that addresses the issue. The problem is solved by adding the bracket.

Yep. That was my previous truck. I didn't know there was a fix for it.Back then i wouldn't go on forums

Moosefire66

Reaction score

I have this often, typically with just the first reverse of the day that has that loud moan to it. Do you have a link to that kit you purchased? Or how much it was?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread