5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
IMG_0710.png IMG_0711.png
I picked up my 2022 Rebel GT yesterday in Lake Charles, LA from Mark Dodge, enjoyed a Shrimp Po Boy, and drove back to Austin, TX. I love this truck. So comfortable! Amazing ride with the air suspension. We had a little difficulty with wireless setup/switching of phones with Uconnect. Had a great time driving back.

I have to say that this purchase with Mark Dodge in LA was fantastic. Even though they were 275 miles away, they were easy to work with, super prompt and very fair and professional. I wish more dealers were like this.

This morning I ordered the Havoc HS3 Black Hoop Steps. So I'll put those on as soon as they arrive. Next. I need to decide on a tonneau cover that works with Rambox & MFT.

davidv2135

Reaction score
View attachment 117614 View attachment 117615
I picked up my 2022 Rebel GT yesterday in Lake Charles, LA from Mark Dodge, enjoyed a Shrimp Po Boy, and drove back to Austin, TX. I love this truck. So comfortable! Amazing ride with the air suspension. We had a little difficulty with wireless setup/switching of phones with Uconnect. Had a great time driving back.

I have to say that this purchase with Mark Dodge in LA was fantastic. Even though they were 275 miles away, they were easy to work with, super prompt and very fair and professional. I wish more dealers were like this.

This morning I ordered the Havoc HS3 Black Hoop Steps. So I'll put those on as soon as they arrive. Next. I need to decide on a tonneau cover that works with Rambox & MFT.

I did the drive about a week ago from SC. 800+ miles on back to back days but I absolutely love the truck. MD was amazing to work with and I'd absolutely use them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
d5e17bc37f1bcb21f0c0db1deaa0708e.jpg

Happy day. My motorcycle and truck wheels came in. Now to get them to room temp so I can ceramic coat them before sticking in my single digit garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexd781

Reaction score
A very interesting side hustle! Do your clients run the gamut of demand, or are they primarily tourism based? While an RV is seen as primarily tourist based, anyone needing temporary housing would be a potential client. The portability and delivery are bonuses. That price per night is much more than for a motel / hotel, so I'm guessing there is some reason this option is still appealing.
I'm not sure if this is what he is doing, but there are websites like AirBnB for campers. https://www.outdoorsy.com/ is one. They will set up at campsites for you and you just show up. It's nice for people who want to camp, but don't do it enough to justify owning a camper

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have several ~2' pieces of pressure treated 4x4 laying around for just such purposes :cool:

Never throw away scrap, it'll come in handy some time.

Dave
My wife says my superpower is to hang on to things for years and then throw away what I need about a week before I need it.

🤔

She's not entirely wrong.

GeePee77

Reaction score
EcoDiesel is at 9500 miles so time for its first oil change. I ended up installing one of those valve things to make future oil changes much easier. All went well. Appears no oil consumption which is great. Air filter looked fine so all I have to do now is just rotate the tires and we're back in action.

Here's a link to the Valve thing - https://www.valvomax.com/products/copy-of-1-2-npt-quick-twist-valve-with-plastic-drain-tube-knob
OEM Oil Filter...had to buy a 27MM socket though to get it on. Took exactly 8 liters of oil.

2HNRbVB.jpeg

Any reason you went with the 0.875 thread length vs the other m14-1.50 suited to fit a 2020 ram 1500 ecodiesel?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason you went with the 0.875 thread length vs the other m14-1.50 suited to fit a 2020 ram 1500 ecodiesel?

it must have just been at typo on the copy paste URL or maybe they changed their links completely? The one I installed was a perfect fit. I felt no resistance or cross-threading so I'd follow whatever their site tells you to.

Herdfan2334

Reaction score

Beautiful truck! Congrats

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have several ~2' pieces of pressure treated 4x4 laying around for just such purposes :cool:

Never throw away scrap, it'll come in handy some time.

Dave
Haven't done much with wood around the house to have scraps. Used some 2x4 and plywood when I moved in to build shelves in garage, but used every bit of the 2x4s. Had a few sheets of plywood left, and there was a 4x4 that was left by previous owners. When the price of lumber was high last year, I sold both

Sage6058

Reaction score
Installed my Baja Designs fog light kit from CJOffroad. Besides waiting almost 3 months for them to come in and 3 of the 4 Allen head bolts they sent were standard thread instead of metric like they were supposed to be....
b7b10f90ad5a23d3199bb5c298b498dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

U

User_34235

Sage6058.....well done. That looks nice. Hope you enjoy them. Hopefully next week I will be able to install my DD fogs.

Gitter

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what he is doing, but there are websites like AirBnB for campers. https://www.outdoorsy.com/ is one. They will set up at campsites for you and you just show up. It's nice for people who want to camp, but don't do it enough to justify owning a camper
Lots of people use this to also test out different styles of RVs before purchasing their own. While camping next to another guy, he told me he retired from his normal job and is now running his RV & cabin rental service full-time using sites like Outdoorsy.

I am strongly considering something similar once I retire from the Air Force. 😁

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A very interesting side hustle! Do your clients run the gamut of demand, or are they primarily tourism based? While an RV is seen as primarily tourist based, anyone needing temporary housing would be a potential client. The portability and delivery are bonuses. That price per night is much more than for a motel / hotel, so I'm guessing there is some reason this option is still appealing.
A couple years ago, before I had my camper, my brother in law and I rented one when we went to Mid Ohio for the Imsa race. Same deal. Delivered and setup, no tear down for us. We could have stayed at a hotel maybe a little cheaper, but we wanted to be right at the track. I imagine if he lived near a venue like that, it would be pretty good business. We have a lot of gas / oil workers where I live. Granted, most of them bring their own campers, but I could definitely see your point for temporary housing. There's probably a good market there, too.

Wfrank005

Reaction score

I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited with Rambox & MFT. I went with the Bakflip MX4 cover and I'm so glad I did. Even when the MX4 cover is folded up, it does not block the view from the digital rearview mirror that your truck has. Great looking truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online