5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WReckeR

Reaction score
What did we do before they put turn signal lights in our mirrors and brake lights on top of the cab? This is the first vehicle I've owned that has both...and I tinted mine too. At night, you can barely tell they are tinted.
I dunno...crash more...?

Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score
Do you think your ****** bag remark is necessary?
Three posts after this comment, another owner posted that he upgraded his hi mount brake light to LED. Brighter! I think that divergence is amusing. I think it's great that so many modify their trucks to make them look cooler or give them more functionality. Personally, I'm thankful for any feature my truck has that makes it safer. It costs a crap ton of money, it's expensive to insure and repair, it's huge and full of blind spots, and its mass makes it dangerous to other, smaller vehicles. My and their lives are worth a little extra consideration. Necessary? Yes. In my opinion.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Added the Pulsar. What a difference! My truck now feels like it has a HEMI under the hood. I wrote a little review on it.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Added the Pulsar. What a difference! My truck now feels like it has a HEMI under the hood. I wrote a little review on it.

I'm very interested in these types of products, because I am fully aware of the spongy pedal feel. But...anecdotal comments in these 5thgen forums have led me to believe that a user might have computer problems. There's no telling if you'll be the lucky owner or the unlucky one. Hope for the best, because throttle response is something you've always thought was "built-in", until it isn't.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the used tire mounted to the spare Built to Serve wheel to use as a full size spare since I went with 34" tires. 275/65/20. It just fits with the stock heatsheilds and hitch receiver in place. You aren't getting anything bigger under the truck without removing one or both of those things. And this tire is about 1/2 tread.

Attachments

• PXL_20211202_231826684.jpg
    PXL_20211202_231826684.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 137
  • PXL_20211202_232229329.jpg
    PXL_20211202_232229329.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 137
  • PXL_20211202_232250123.jpg
    PXL_20211202_232250123.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 138

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Got the used tire mounted to the spare Built to Serve wheel to use as a full size spare since I went with 34" tires. 275/65/20. It just fits with the stock heatsheilds and hitch receiver in place. You aren't getting anything bigger under the truck without removing one or both of those things. And this tire is about 1/2 tread.
Can you see your spare hanging below the hitch/bumper?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
No more than the stock one since it's the same width. But will take a pic from back tomorrow
I guess it's an optical illusion. That one shot, it looks like it hangs down a couple of inches below the bumper.

Buford

Reaction score
First item to break on me was the passenger sun visor. Good old plastic parts right. It gets constant use holding up my sunshade but kind of annoying it broke. I’ve seen other people with this issue I guess it’s somewhat common? Anyways I replaced it myself with a new one. Easy fix, took 5 minutes ( dealership is a PITA so I just did it myself )
I have this same issue. Where did you purchase the replacement? Dealer near me wants $130+ for replacement. Crazy you have to replace the entire visor assembly

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are correct, my 285/45/22 were just over 34" mounted height when new and I put a used one under my truck and squeezed it in, mine really close to touching the hitch.
View recent photos.jpg

From behind shot, you can definitely see it from behind.
IMG_2816.jpg

SSW

Reaction score
You are correct, my 285/45/22 were just over 34" mounted height when new and I put a used one under my truck and squeezed it in, mine really close to touching the hitch.
View attachment 112828

From behind shot, you can definitely see it from behind.
View attachment 112829
of course that picture is from a low angle, taken from below the bumper. I imagine that a person standing or riding in a vehicle wouldn't see as much of the spare .

pcolaram1500

Reaction score
Had my 2022 Limited Longhorn ED for a couple weeks now. Thanks to several post on this forum I completed the Hellwig sway bar, auxiliary backup lights, opt7 led taillight strip, running board courtesy lights, and front and rear dash cams.

Mine didn’t come with wireless charging, so I ordered the wireless charging station. I’m only worried about the wiring part, so I haven’t decided if I will install it, or try the dealer. Not much confidence in my dealer as they said they have never installed one. Nice folks, just not a lot of inexperience.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought 20" Bighorn Chrome wheels from @MG99 a month ago, wrapped them in Blizzak DM-V2s in OEM size (275/55/R20) and installed them on the RAM 1500 Limited Night Edition. Chrome on a Night Edition truck I thought would look weird but I actually like it. No intention to change it any time soon and by that I mean I was thinking of stripping the chrome and powder coasting the OEM wheels in a matte black.

J1ecRlB.jpg
HYhxBIu.jpg
cNTarIt.jpg
NzGH8d5.jpg
bUerwbs.jpg

Here are the OEM 22" wheels for reference:
QkGrdzu.jpg

Swap was easy. I run two sets of wheels on all of my cars because I can swap them in my yard with a floor jack. I almost always run smaller winter wheels so my Golf R runs 19s in Summer, 17s in Winter, same for our Golf Wagon and other vehicles. So 22 to 20 both allows me to have a lot more side-wall and it makes tires in winter cheaper to replace. I visually prefer the 22" night edition wheels but 20" wheel & tires are just more economical for our rough Winters.

I am a Blizzak Fan on pretty much everything. We have in our stable, LM-32, WS-80 and now these DM-V2s. They're louder than the stock tires of course. No TPMS errors and I expect the sensors to sync up pretty fast.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Got the Hellwig on. One of the brackets didn't line up so I need to reach out to them or get the dremel out. Was able to use the Hellwig poly bushings with the factory brackets, so I might just leave it. I put them on the middle hole.

Initial impressions are good. Just drove it a few miles.

Anyone run them on the most aggressive setting?

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
837a4c0f9beedee2744184145a936312.jpg
962188a5af54b387c955d3d04d916502.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread