5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another one of my classic “not what I did to My Ram today“ but more of a “what did I do to my future ram today” post. I contacted SCA performance and asked them what they are doing about The electric RAM coming out in 2024. I’m going to push hard for this to happen. I know I’m only one voice, but I’m going to be a loud one.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Na, yours looks great. I like how you slanted it. I was going to but decided I had had enough with trying to figure out all these angles. I should have used an angle finder instead of eyeballing it, checking, adjusting, and so on.... I also, built mine to ensure I can still remove the OEM all weather mats and also access the storage bins. Good luck to ya, excited to see the results.

The area above my sub in the seat is pretty much hollow, but that's also why I added the grill. There are some benefits to downfiring, but you have to factor in the woofer's excursion height, and a good 1-2 inches of clearance beyond that for it to sound right. That would have left me with maybe 4 inches of mounting depth. So, so something to consider when you're planning. On the other hand, not sure if it's a good or bad thing (depending on male/female passenger) but up firing REALLY vibrates the seat above it. (flashback to the Howard stern movie) So there are some pros/cons to both.

I think the front of my box was 9", probably 10 or 11" if you slant it, so you could possibly do a forward firing 8" as well.
maybe i just do up
Rough country. I like it more every day
got it i need one for mines since someone backed into my bumper and bend my left side

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Na, yours looks great. I like how you slanted it. I was going to but decided I had had enough with trying to figure out all these angles. I should have used an angle finder instead of eyeballing it, checking, adjusting, and so on.... I also, built mine to ensure I can still remove the OEM all weather mats and also access the storage bins. Good luck to ya, excited to see the results.

The area above my sub in the seat is pretty much hollow, but that's also why I added the grill. There are some benefits to downfiring, but you have to factor in the woofer's excursion height, and a good 1-2 inches of clearance beyond that for it to sound right. That would have left me with maybe 4 inches of mounting depth. So, so something to consider when you're planning. On the other hand, not sure if it's a good or bad thing (depending on male/female passenger) but up firing REALLY vibrates the seat above it. (flashback to the Howard stern movie) So there are some pros/cons to both.

I think the front of my box was 9", probably 10 or 11" if you slant it, so you could possibly do a forward firing 8" as well.
i saw some shallow 8 inch subs i think i may be able to do a down ported 😂i also dont wannt. it making the whole truck vibrate 😂

Klicht87

Reaction score
Non stop rain right now, so I get home and go check the back glass and it’s leaking. Damn my luck. Truck is 4 months old. Tried calling dealer but no answer so I’ll check tomorrow.

anyone else know what they will finally do? Replace the back glass or just add more sealant or something??

I don’t have anything to cover the truck for tonight either 🤬
Mine leaked from the 3rd brake light. They replaced it and said it had a bigger gasket. So far no issues

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spent the Entire day driving, about 800 miles from nice and warm south Florida up to North Carolina. This was the maiden voyage for the 50 gallon fuel tank setup and I’m super happy with it. Since gas wasn’t an issue we planned our stops around Crac ker Barrel’s lol. The GPI fuel pump will take the truck from nearly empty to full in about 2 minutes! After today I’ve still got 26 gallons left between the two tanks :) but I’ll probably fuel up for the first time this trip before we hit the mountains.

As for the ride the truck was very planted, slightly firm since I’ve got the airlift bags a little higher for all the fuel weight but still very nice, and I averaged 17mpgs goin about 75 most of the way. Should’ve taken more photos lol

Attachments

• 2260695B-64C0-45E0-8EE3-6C70A3A6FF7C.jpeg
    2260695B-64C0-45E0-8EE3-6C70A3A6FF7C.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 143

DeV

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's cloudy, but I can tell that it's been painted. Little specks of paint shows through a little bit when lit up. If that makes sense.
Look about right?

Attachments

• 20211117_215306.jpg
    20211117_215306.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20211117_215231.jpg
    20211117_215231.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20211117_215223.jpg
    20211117_215223.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 102

DeV

Reaction score
Finally got around to inatalling the putco blade 18" split light bar...took pictures of the wire mounting since there's more pictures of finished products that I saw in threads...

Pics are from under the truck, facing back towards to the back...and I hadn't cleaned or tucked up the wiring going off to the right light yet

Attachments

• 20211120_131359.jpg
    20211120_131359.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 20211120_131354.jpg
    20211120_131354.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 155

DeV

Reaction score
Thats just from uneven thickness of the tint spray. Poor application. I went with vinyl tint film on mine.
Figured as much... the guy who painted them even had a few small paint runs on the 3rd brake light. :(

At least it looks great during the day

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did 400 miles today. needed to go to southern NH and decided to take the long way home along the white mountains. These were taken after sunset so there was a lot of white noise.

m5pIlZP.jpg
EyRQJCi.jpg
57AeXj3.jpg
3VE7LUK.jpg

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Well….I went and traded my Rebel today. While I would have liked to have stayed in the Mopar family I was really drawn to the 3.5 twin turbo and the luxurious seats of the F150. The 2021 has an extremely plush ride and the cabin is on par with the Ram. I think I’m definitely going to miss the air suspension, the under seat storage, and the storage compartments in the rear, but I’m not going to miss the 12 MPG avg.

Here’s a pic of the new ride:
970979aed6eabde93368bc7a60ea561b.jpg

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks man! And tell me about it! I made my whole box with just my little Ryobi circular saw 😂 And I had to use the actual sheet of mdf as my work bench lol. I was actually amazed I was able to get all the angles perfect like that. If/when I eventually get a sub I’m building the box so the grill on the sub sits flush with the carpet on the top of the box. Hopefully my plans work out. I can still access my floor bins perfectly actually! It works with the rubber mats also but I really only use those when I go in the mud or snow.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well….I went and traded my Rebel today. While I would have liked to have stayed in the Mopar family I was really drawn to the 3.5 twin turbo and the luxurious seats of the F150. The 2021 has an extremely plush ride and the cabin is on par with the Ram. I think I’m definitely going to miss the air suspension, the under seat storage, and the storage compartments in the rear, but I’m not going to miss the 12 MPG avg.

Here’s a pic of the new ride:
970979aed6eabde93368bc7a60ea561b.jpg
Dang that’s a sweet and expensive truck! I wouldn’t expect much better than 12mpg in that truck either though lol. Although if you got Black Widow money I’m sure you can afford the gas lol

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Non stop rain right now, so I get home and go check the back glass and it’s leaking. Damn my luck. Truck is 4 months old. Tried calling dealer but no answer so I’ll check tomorrow.

anyone else know what they will finally do? Replace the back glass or just add more sealant or something??

I don’t have anything to cover the truck for tonight either 🤬
Just had the same problem with mine, the inside of the window frame was cracked on both sides of the slider at the top, it’s a known problem, dealer replace the whole rear window assembly under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread