5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shhhh that’s not a poor financial decision that’s a fun one 🤣

Thanks for the info on the airbags, I’ve yet to tow anything with my airlifts installed so I’ll be messing around with the pressure for a bit too. I could be wrong but I think the 115 volt outlets are limited to something like 3.3 amps.
Yeah the airbags have been great, what little I have used them. I just wanna be able to take the airtank with me to fill up the bags when I would get to a location that needed it. I filled the truck up with 20 psi to go pick it up, and it rode like a hay wagon until I could put some weight on it :LOL:

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the airbags have been great, what little I have used them. I just wanna be able to take the airtank with me to fill up the bags when I would get to a location that needed it. I filled the truck up with 20 psi to go pick it up, and it rode like a hay wagon until I could put some weight on it :LOL:
Yeah I bet it was as stiff as an empty dually 🤣 I set mine to about 9psi for the road trip I just did and even with a 450 pound fuel transfer tank setup in the bed it did ride slightly firmer than I was expecting. I don’t know what I would have to haul to need them at maximum psi

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I bet it was as stiff as an empty dually 🤣 I set mine to about 9psi for the road trip I just did and even with a 450 pound fuel transfer tank setup in the bed it did ride slightly firmer than I was expecting. I don’t know what I would have to haul to need them at maximum psi
About 2000#

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Dewalt air compressor and a Ryobi air compressor that I use to fill my tires and air bags. Stores under the seats too. I have the Airlift air bags in my Pathfinder. I still haven't decided if I want one in the Ram.

1lowcab

Reaction score

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1lowcab

Reaction score
That would work, just wanted something more versatile I could use around home too. I have a full size compressor in the garage, but sometimes it's easier to move a small compressor around instead of stretching out 100' of hose ha (ex. air nailing floors, baseboards, etc. in the house).
Gotcha. (y)

I have airbags sitting here to install, just haven't got around to it yet. But thats the compressor that I'm going to use, hopefully it'll fit in those floor storage boxes.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't made a poor financial decision in a while, so I was getting a little itchy. Truck pulled it great. Still experimenting with air settings in my airlifts. I think I had it a little stiff at 20 psi. I should have maybe tried 15 or so. I also bought a small air compressor from harbor freight to take in the truck when camping, riding, etc. for the airbags or anything else I need. At 2.8 amps, I "should" be able to run it off of the truck's inverter, but I haven't tried it yet.
View attachment 111815
View attachment 111816
Congrats on all your new stuff! The inverter is not going to be happy with that inrush current. A solution for this could be a soft start like in the link below. I don’t know if it will be enough to work in your particular application and I’m guessing you will not like the price either, but it’s an option

I also made a bad decision today and bought a Kabota L2250 tractor with mower deck and front end loader. There was no way I am towing it with the 1500 though, so I am borrowing a dually.

SoftStartRV SSRV3T by NetworkRV Enables Easy start Ac or RV Air Conditioner Unit and Run On A Small Generator Limited Power RV AC Hard Starter Kit for Air Conditioner HVAC Bundle with Installation Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FF6H5S...abc_JNF4T1PEX3TJZR7RM23R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another one of my classic “not what I did to My Ram today“ but more of a “what did I do to my future ram today” post. I contacted SCA performance and asked them what they are doing about The electric RAM coming out in 2024. I’m going to push hard for this to happen. I know I’m only one voice, but I’m going to be a loud one.
It would be nice to start getting some further details, but it might be too early
I drop by the LA auto show yesterday. Got to check out the GT trim in person.
Interestingly enough the f150 lighting was not attracting a lot of people. Their converted electric f100 looked very nice and clean.
Made me more interested in an actual conversion of an electric 5gen or 4gen rather than a brand new electric.
Anybody else wondering when an option like that could be more accessible. Any body wants to guess on the cost, 20-30K. just throwing a number out there
And thinking these converted vehicles should get some sort of ev tax credit or something to that effect

Users who are viewing this thread