5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

brenan00

Reaction score
Installed some visors that The wife got me for my BD.

Was wondering what the bend is for. Both windows have it.

02d5d453998b4f3b2fdf0c97483b4806.jpg

a0d6e737b52caf7520830400242127a9.jpg

1d9138a48c8c94a2823eef330048d2c6.jpg
When Installed mine, I put the tab in between the rubber and the doors B pillar (on mine it is black), You looks like it might be in the track. It could be different brand with different install instructions. Laters

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m still not understanding that when everything I’m talking about is from using mileage and the gallons I’ve used on paper. Really, it’s in Fuelly but it’s still the same thing as the paper method. This whole time, I’ve been ignoring the gas mileage estimator that the truck has.
If your speedometer isn't calibrated, your odometer won't be accurate. Your new tires are making your odometer read ~3.5% lower than it should.

I just ran a few mpg calculations and if you calibrated your speedometer, it would net you about .5 mpg better mileage. I was thinking I got about a 1-1.5 mpg increase after I calibrated my speedometer but I imagine most of that came from my engine breaking in.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do your mirrors fold into the bend when you close them?

Probably for when you fold the windows in.

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

That’s what I thought. But dose not seem to get close enough to need the bend.

There also weather techs.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
That’s what I thought. But dose not seem to get close enough to need the bend.

There also weather techs.

Maybe for moose mirrors.

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When Installed mine, I put the tab in between the rubber and the doors B pillar (on mine it is black), You looks like it might be in the track. It could be different brand with different install instructions. Laters
"In-channel" visors are supposed to go "in" the channel for the window. Not between the rubber and the painted door. Not sure what brand you have, but I've never seen in-channel visors that sit where you describe.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If your speedometer isn't calibrated, your odometer won't be accurate. Your new tires are making your odometer read ~3.5% lower than it should.

I just ran a few mpg calculations and if you calibrated your speedometer, it would net you about .5 mpg better mileage. I was thinking I got about a 1-1.5 mpg increase after I calibrated my speedometer but I imagine most of that came from my engine breaking in.
Oh crap, lol. I’m an idiot sometimes. Thanks for clarifying and making the lightbulb come on.

brenan00

Reaction score
"In-channel" visors are supposed to go "in" the channel for the window. Not between the rubber and the painted door. Not sure what brand you have, but I've never seen in-channel visors that sit where you describe.
One of those never say never moments.
The avs instructions show that is how they are installed. You see by the molded plastic that it fits perfectly in between the rubber .
Here you go, I did look at the weather tech instructions and theirs does go completely in the channel. But maybe he needs to start over, it looks like you need to be careful with getting it started in the tract. Laters

Attachments

• 93D19693-568A-41EB-84A6-7725A21C024E.png
    93D19693-568A-41EB-84A6-7725A21C024E.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not remotely a gas expert, but is there a seasonal blend that's now being delivered? Same gas stations?

The thing that really bothers me is the sticker, which said 17 city, 22 highway. Not only can I not average 22 on the highway, I can't even get close to 17 on the highway. If I can get the truck into eco mode on a flat straight stretch, maybe it'll hold at 18-21, but it's temporary. And that's *indicated*! I've found by tank calculation that it's about 10% optimistic.

Ram's EPA numbers are egregiously erroneous. You'd think after 20 years of engine technology evolution that I'd be able to do better than my 2001 4.7L Dodge Dakota. Sure, the Ram's is a bigger engine and a heavier car, but it's still supposed to be wildly improved after all this time.
So apparently Those numbers ( 17/22 ) are for the trucks with 3.21 gear, there is no separate epa rating for trucks with the 3.92. I get about the same as you do with 3.92 gears, best I’ve ever seen was 19.8 hand calculated and that was 100% highway driving. The fuel economy the truck shows is also consistently 1mpg higher than actual.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey guys.did a little interior up grade.i added some "LED" wire. didnt feel like going thru the work and money on ordering the interior ambient light kit so i took the "PoorMan"route 😆 😆 and did this instead.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So apparently Those numbers ( 17/22 ) are for the trucks with 3.21 gear, there is no separate epa rating for trucks with the 3.92. I get about the same as you do with 3.92 gears, best I’ve ever seen was 19.8 hand calculated and that was 100% highway driving. The fuel economy the truck shows is also consistently 1mpg higher than actual.
My trucks average always shows the 1-1.5 MPG higher then what I’m actually getting as well.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And that is why we use Fuelly!
Yeah I always use Fuelly.

The issue I'm having in my truck is that when I usually fill up my tank from 1/4 tank. I can never put the same amount of gas in it so my MPG's can look horrible one time or really good another time. I noticed that sometimes the needle moves past the full line and other times it's right before the full line. I even try waiting 30 seconds again and adding more, but it shows it's full even though I know it's not.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, sorry for getting this thread off track- that’s completely my fault.

Got my matte black textured letters in that will look decently similar to my Laramie emblem. I have some other goodies coming in tomorrow also.

99A777DA-C973-4541-9B35-DCBF64D5FBA9.jpeg

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, sorry for getting this thread off track- that’s completely my fault.

Got my matte black textured letters in that will look decently similar to my Laramie emblem. I have some other goodies coming in tomorrow also.

View attachment 109995
Very nice. I debated if I wanted to sticker it, or just plasti dip it. Glad I stickered it. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should do the same for the sides or just remove the lettering all together. On my Charger, I took off most of the lettering, and I like it.
c869aecb0242b828f476e896393b6544.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Yes there is. If you look at various window stickers. This is with a 3.92.
e5d999e35fc0466a30e634aaee7fe73b.jpg

I have to find my window sticker. But I believe it was closer to 24 for highway rating with the 3.21 gear set. I know there were two different numbers because I searched for the 3.21 gears in a truck after seeing the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread