5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Painted peel coat on stock rims. If I decide to keep them I will permanently paint them black. What say the group black or stock? Keep the chrome lug nuts and cap for contrast?

I vote dark bronze with that truck color w/black lugs.

Or black.

I have gloss black on my durango r/t. They are dirty immediately.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More like what did my WIFE do to my truck today…
8b99c131f30a2a4c703703b53dd5368f.jpg
Sure….blame your wife. A coming out of the closet perchance?
Your build videos just might be hiding your true self!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Duran

Reaction score
Gave my truck a paint correction. Cleaned up the paint with "nu finish scratch doctor" using a foam applicator pad, and then waxed it with meguiars cleaner wax. I dont know why dealerships use those stupid auto washers
Amen to that. How was the paint correction process. What pad did you use. How many passes, etc. Paint looks amazing. And what wax did you use

U

User_63152

Went out to check my truck to see if it would start. NOPE. It's totally dead. It was @ 7.9V, then the screen went black. The interior lights didn't even work.

It seems that I have read that this battery drain may be an issue with others, too.

I called the dealership, and immediately they want to blame my aftermarket amp/s. My guy is a professional installer (has his own shop), with over 15 years experience. Now, I have to have my guy look at to prove that it's not the amp/s, before I take it to the dealership. What a pain.

The dealership just doesn't want to cover it under warranty. They will try and find any reason to weasel out of it. Well, I will have proof when I get my truck there on Monday. :cool:

I put a charger on it to see if that will at least get it started, so I can take it to my stereo guy. I know it's probably not good to drive it with a bad battery. Doesn't it hurt the alternator?

Last edited by a moderator:

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Went out to check my truck to see if it would start. NOPE. It's totally dead. It was @ 7.9V, then the screen went black. The interior lights didn't even work.

It seems that I have read that this battery drain may be an issue with others, too.

I called the dealership, and immediately they want to blame my aftermarket amp/s. My guy is a professional installer (has his own shop), with over 15 years experience. Now, I have to have my guy look at to prove that it's not the amp/s, before I take it to the dealership. What a pain.

The dealership just doesn't want to cover it under warranty. They will try and find any reason to weasel out of it. Well, I will have proof when I get my truck there on Monday. :cool:

I put a charger on it to see if that will at least get it started, so I can take it to my stereo guy. I know it's probably not good to drive it with a bad battery. Doesn't it hurt the alternator?

The battery is only used to start the car I thought after that the alternator takes over everything. This is just what I was under the assumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I vote dark bronze with that truck color w/black lugs.

Or black.

I have gloss black on my durango r/t. They are dirty immediately.

I saw the dark bronze that comes on some fuel wheels and it’s gorgeous.

I’m talking about non e-torque with this comment. A bad battery could potentially cause the alternator’s regulator to fail, but it’s not all that common. Personally, I’d charge it and drive it to the dealer if that’s what you want to do. Just so you know, 12v electrical systems look for >=9.6v to power on, which is why everything was powered off.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Found a tall enough step ladder so I can actually wash the roof of my truck; the ladder is so tall that I had to put it in caddy-corner into the bed. Being short sucks sometimes.

9A89F1AE-984D-4ACA-AA0B-6C9CDEF92476.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What did I do to my Ram today?
Did a bonehead move and didn’t pay attention backing out of the garage.
Put it back together and taped the crap out of it. Still functions…..sorta.
should only cost me about $8hundy installed. #@&%$

View attachment 109560
View attachment 109561
Ouch, that hurts. My wife did that a few weeks ago with her 2021 Lincoln Navigator. Price tag to replace it? $1800. I sh!t you not.

Ldc2335

Reaction score

View attachment 109560
View attachment 109561
Got mine on ebay for 250 each shipped. Used of course, but perfect condition.

Install is really easy.

Here's the seller

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 109560
View attachment 109561
Did it break the clip that keeps it from wiggling when on the highway or did it just break the plastic trim and chrome cover?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm tired and the wife is mad that it took me several hours today in my truck that I bought last week and have 250 miles on it. Here is what I did today

Rough country rear wheel liner (dont know why this isn't standard on a rebel)

Rough country side steps

Mud flaps

In channel window vent shades

Vararam cold air intake

R..A..M .....blue decal

Hydro blue tow hooks I painted

Blue catch can

--------------

What's left to do:

Rough country led light bar

Tonneau cover

Bed extender

f34282cdcfe156c90cec96f22e2d88dd.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I'm dead tired..

0% chance of rain and perfect cloud cover so I detailed all three cars inside and out. Getting to old for this crap .

Mine... Kiddos...Wifey

ec822888930d2024e6d5ca0fb9dfc912.jpg

Now a cold beer and admiring my work from the couch . I need a life.

b0c60edc8ac06d948e7bcc8f351fd61b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread