5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

sep1006

Reaction score

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Installed a 33 gallon gas tank today took me about 2 hours total. 23 gallon came on the truck
Did you do the flash and all that jazz, or just install a new tank and sending unit?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Installed it and tomorrow morning I will set the correct value
Do you have a tazer or did you find a dealership that was willing to do that for you? Out of all of the threads I've seen most can't find a dealership that will do the swap.

Also, how much do you have into the swap? Just the tank, filler neck, and new sending unit? Or is there more to it?

Sorry so many questions but I have the 23 and would love it if I could go to the 33 easily without going to the dealer. Any details and info is appreciated! Thanks!

lelshaddai

Reaction score
OK, one side finished. I used rest oleum peel coat for the base and topped it with the thicker 7274052A-DE32-469F-AC4C-6C6A3C6DE1D4.jpeg E97B0F8E-BBFF-4DAC-BD8A-71D7E6D5C212.jpeg 4E730DC7-EE55-4448-855E-398FE0A80FE3.jpeg plastidip. For now I’m keeping the caps and the Lugnuts chrome just for a little contrast. I blocked out most of the other chrome with vinyl stickers which leaves a little bit of chrome around it so it kind of all matches. I used the Matte black without any clear.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine on ebay for 250 each shipped. Used of course, but perfect condition.

Install is really easy.

Here's the seller

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
Thanks for the contact. By the time I buy it in US, pay exchange and shipping, it’ll get expensiv. I can get it from Mopar Parts Canada new for $375 + tax. Then install. I understand you have to take the door panel off for access to everything. Probably get my dealer to do it. I’d rather not break anything more which is likely if I do it. Plus I’ll probably need a transfusion as I bleed just looking at a wrench LOL! 😎

Ldc2335

Reaction score
UPS came! Still waiting on some of my sound deadening. Unfortunately, I'm dropping the truck off at the dealer Wednesday for the back window frame cracks, so might not get to this for a while.
499e8a42c658ea59d3e2d6e513f4b71a.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
UPS came! Still waiting on some of my sound deadening. Unfortunately, I'm dropping the truck off at the dealer Wednesday for the back window frame cracks, so might not get to this for a while.
499e8a42c658ea59d3e2d6e513f4b71a.jpg

Nice! I still say those cdt are the best upgrade to the system that I’ve done.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Thanks for the contact. By the time I buy it in US, pay exchange and shipping, it’ll get expensiv. I can get it from Mopar Parts Canada new for $375 + tax. Then install. I understand you have to take the door panel off for access to everything. Probably get my dealer to do it. I’d rather not break anything more which is likely if I do it. Plus I’ll probably need a transfusion as I bleed just looking at a wrench LOL!
I'm the opposite. I'd rather do/try anything than have someone touch my ride.

If you get the nerve, these are some of the easiest door panels I've ever taken off.

Last edited:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did it break the clip that keeps it from wiggling when on the highway or did it just break the plastic trim and chrome cover?
Actually at first I think it just popped off. It was the driving over it that did it in. It broke the chrome cap and glass lense. Everything behind it is loose, like the LED light for signal. I wonder if I can pick up the cap AND plastic? I looked but can only find the cap. If anyone knows the part numbers for the clear plastic and the chrome cap, I’d appreciate it.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Nice! I still say those cdt are the best upgrade to the system that I’ve done.
Couldn't beat the price on sale. I really wanted to do Infinity kappas all the way around, but stupid crutchfield had me nervous about not fitting (height).

Already have the five 3.5" speakers swapped w/ the infinity.

After all this, I'll finally decide if I'm going to add a sub. I have a sundown and a pioneer shallow mount already to choose from. Definitely going with the sundown of I can fit it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't beat the price on sale. I really wanted to do Infinity kappas all the way around, but stupid crutchfield had me nervous about not fitting (height).

Already have the five 3.5" speakers swapped w/ the infinity.

After all this, I'll finally decide if I'm going to add a sub. I have a sundown and a pioneer shallow mount already to choose from. Definitely going with the sundown of I can fit it.

Is the sundown shallow mount also, and what box are you planning for it?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Is the sundown shallow mount also, and what box are you planning for it?
It's a E-10, 500 watt RMS, 5.625" mounting depth.

Wanted to build a box that hopefully only takes up half under the back seat. Had it in a 1 cu ft sealed box in my Mustang and it sounded great.

Haven't got around to measuring under there yet.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a E-10, 500 watt RMS, 5.625" mounting depth.

Wanted to build a box that hopefully only takes up half under the back seat. Had it in a 1 cu ft sealed box in my Mustang and it sounded great.

Haven't got around to measuring under there yet.

Oh wow, that’s a lot bigger than I thought. Hopefully it works out!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went out to check my truck to see if it would start. NOPE. It's totally dead. It was @ 7.9V, then the screen went black. The interior lights didn't even work.

It seems that I have read that this battery drain may be an issue with others, too.

I called the dealership, and immediately they want to blame my aftermarket amp/s. My guy is a professional installer (has his own shop), with over 15 years experience. Now, I have to have my guy look at to prove that it's not the amp/s, before I take it to the dealership. What a pain.

The dealership just doesn't want to cover it under warranty. They will try and find any reason to weasel out of it. Well, I will have proof when I get my truck there on Monday. :cool:

I put a charger on it to see if that will at least get it started, so I can take it to my stereo guy. I know it's probably not good to drive it with a bad battery. Doesn't it hurt the alternator?
Heres a video of someone experiencing their truck when the battery died and he got a jump.

Looks like a low voltage Ram goes into a limp mode.

T_etzz

Reaction score
Do you have a tazer or did you find a dealership that was willing to do that for you? Out of all of the threads I've seen most can't find a dealership that will do the swap.

Also, how much do you have into the swap? Just the tank, filler neck, and new sending unit? Or is there more to it?

Sorry so many questions but I have the 23 and would love it if I could go to the 33 easily without going to the dealer. Any details and info is appreciated! Thanks!

I have the Alfa ob2, I haven’t contacted the dealer about programming it but I will anyway just to see what they say, I bought the tank, a few lines and purge hoses, vapor canister and a new fuel pump(the most expensive part) all in all I probably have a little over 800 into it, I have a few lines I didn’t need to use I just ordered them in case, very easy swap though all the lines are quick connects. You can message me tomorrow and I’ll get you the exact parts list I used so you can price it all out

Users who are viewing this thread