5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jgreene

Reaction score
Any of you have any experience with the stock Dueler tires in the winter? How do they fair on snow and ice?

First winter with my truck. I always put ice tires on my car in the winter in the past. I don't travel far for work...less than 5km. Our winters here are regularly -30c and snow is October to April. They also don't plow the city roads until it's compacted down.

WReckeR

Reaction score
That is insane how much better that looks with the clear reflector
Not picking a fight, sincerely, but the amber color is a universally designated and recognized signaling color to alert other drivers for turning or hazard. It's not a "driver preference" color like the paint or wheels. The only result is confusion for other drivers, and therefore less safe conditions for the driver. My personal opinion is that this is a bad idea.

Of course I recognize the OP's right to change his vehicle to his liking, if within the limits of the law. In my state, this would be illegal.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not picking a fight, sincerely, but the amber color is a universally designated and recognized signaling color to alert other drivers for turning or hazard. It's not a "driver preference" color like the paint or wheels. The only result is confusion for other drivers, and therefore less safe conditions for the driver. My personal opinion is that this is a bad idea.

Of course I recognize the OP's right to change his vehicle to his liking, if within the limits of the law. In my state, this would be illegal.
Yep, I get that. It’s illegal here too. However, clear reflectors if the vehicle were manufactured with them is not illegal. That’s the difference. I’m guessing there’s a clear reflector option for some RAM headlights since he didn’t mention modifying the reflector to fit it?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any of you have any experience with the stock Dueler tires in the winter? How do they fair on snow and ice?

First winter with my truck. I always put ice tires on my car in the winter in the past. I don't travel far for work...less than 5km. Our winters here are regularly -30c and snow is October to April. They also don't plow the city roads until it's compacted down.
I'm not sure what those weird measurement things are. My truck did well with the stock tires last winter. I even went out in some deep snow just to try it out since this is my first 4x4. These won't beat any snow tire, but for the limited driving I do, it's not bad.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure what those weird measurement things are. My truck did well with the stock tires last winter. I even went out in some deep snow just to try it out since this is my first 4x4. These won't beat any snow tire, but for the limited driving I do, it's not bad.

Just remember -40 is -40. No matter if C or F.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went through the car wash at lunch real quick to get the heavy stuff. Really gotta do a full detail this weekend if I can fit it in. It's been four months since I got this truck and I'm trying to get on board, but I think all these emblems have to go. Usually the first thing I do on a new vehicle. I like the black emblems and how they fit the overall scheme, but Ram is pretty damn proud. They're everywhere ha.
IMG_6318[201].jpg

XmikeX

Reaction score
Went through the car wash at lunch real quick to get the heavy stuff. Really gotta do a full detail this weekend if I can fit it in. It's been four months since I got this truck and I'm trying to get on board, but I think all these emblems have to go. Usually the first thing I do on a new vehicle. I like the black emblems and how they fit the overall scheme, but Ram is pretty damn proud. They're everywhere ha.
View attachment 106889
Very tempted to black out my while front end of my truck. How did you go about it, wrap or spray?

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
Will do. They have amazing reviews and are supposed to be one of the best in the rain, which in the Florida panhandle is like every dang day.

Also scored some mint laramie sport wheels off Facebook yesterday for an awesome price. Got em home, cleaned them up and put some chemical guys jet seal on them. Was going to ceramic coat them, but I didn't have enough time to cure. Appointment is this morning.
63ea31f93e7969501ad6a557f2f06d14.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
How much did you get them for if I may ask?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
$500 for rims
$850 for tires from tirerack

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

In virtually every modern light, The actual light is amber. It’s not a white light with a orange cover like days of old.

It will still light orange when the lights are on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1lowcab

Reaction score

These are just marker lights, they don't flash.

I get what you are saying, but you better warn all the lifted trucks on here that they are illegal also, that goes for the lowered guys like me as well, we have bumper height laws. And anyone with a negative offset where the rim/tire are out past the fender, or anyone with a tinted plate cover or any tint on the side windows greater then 50% as in my state....the list goes on and on and on and on.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not the light. Side reflectors have to be amber on the front and red in the rear.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got around to cleaning the AFe filter, absolutely love the sound the motor makes with it. they recommend cleaning and re-oiling every 20,000 miles but I went a bit over, oops. I’ve probably had it for 24,000 miles, to me this is still the best mod I’ve done.
492A344A-5F45-41C9-A231-183B45700536.jpeg
E6E2FEDD-EF29-4F0E-A003-9E8C4E40B252.jpeg
I also tried to paint my engine cover the hydro blue I got from Automotive Touchoup, but I ran out! The 12 ounce can they sent me was basically half empty when I got it :( so I called them up, got ahold of someone right away and they’re sending me a new can. Good customer support.

1lowcab

Reaction score
And more headlights

Since I had the day off today I finished them up. No pictures of what I did to the insides but basically I laid high end LED strips in with the OE light pipes.
The main thing I didn't like about these headlights is the low output of the factory surround lights, they should have been bright like a Charger...a missed opportunity by Dodge/Ram/Fiat/whomever.

The way the OE light pipes are designed they will never be bright like what I wanted, even with the board upgrade, so I did it my way.
Here they are sealed up, on the bench and being tested....they are bright!
20210927_175440_HDR.jpg

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are just marker lights, they don't flash.

I get what you are saying, but you better warn all the lifted trucks on here that they are illegal also, that goes for the lowered guys like me as well, we have bumper height laws. And anyone with a negative offset where the rim/tire are out past the fender, or anyone with a tinted plate cover or any tint on the side windows greater then 50% as in my state....the list goes on and on and on and on.
Yup, so many little things that can render your vehicle “illegal”. Hawaii has bumper height, wheel extrusion, varying tint laws for different vehicles such as, you can black out back windows on a full size SUV, but compact SUV’s require 35% all around, undercarriage lighting, etc., etc, etc, And, if you even just changed your exhaust tips, you technically required to get a RECON sticker…ludicrous. Oahu county uses a RECON inspection law, mainly to charge your a** more for the stupid s**t we just done to our vehicle. That’s why you make nice nice with the inspection guys. Or call an uncle who got the inside scoops…😉

Users who are viewing this thread