5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which BAKflip model did you go with? Been considering getting one for my truck.
Not sure who you were talking to. I bought the Bison top which almost an exact match to the Bakflip and in my opinion a better cover. Here’s a link. It’s from Canada but see if they ship.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure you got the right springs? Looks like the upper part of the spring is completely compressed??
Yeah thought it was weird too but I checked the part numbers and they matched up. Unless the spring was labeled wrong or something. They are a dual rate spring and that top part was much softer so I think the airbags are just pushing up on them a bit.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
fd4297cc5397fdce1a6c915cfb9554fb.jpg

Yeah that’s normal looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jellis466

Reaction score
trok.jpg
added an ARE camper shell. Not even sure what model it is lol. Got it for an absolute steal off a truck at a dealership.

Side note, does anyone else have a vibration issue that starts at about 40mph and gets increasingly worse at highway speeds? can be felt mainly in the gas pedal, floor and seat. Incredibly annoying. Had this same issue on my previous '14 silverado and got it fixed eventually, think it just kinda worked itself out after many unsuccessful trips to the dealership.

this truck only has 5K miles on it and has been doing it ever since about 2500 miles. if anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing this issue please let me know!

Scram1500

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer
View attachment 106169
added an ARE camper shell. Not even sure what model it is lol. Got it for an absolute steal off a truck at a dealership.

Side note, does anyone else have a vibration issue that starts at about 40mph and gets increasingly worse at highway speeds? can be felt mainly in the gas pedal, floor and seat. Incredibly annoying. Had this same issue on my previous '14 silverado and got it fixed eventually, think it just kinda worked itself out after many unsuccessful trips to the dealership.

this truck only has 5K miles on it and has been doing it ever since about 2500 miles. if anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing this issue please let me know!
Rotate the tires and see if the vibration moves to the rear or feels different

jellis466

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer

Rotate the tires and see if the vibration moves to the rear or feels different
Have a appointment next week at dealer, have to see what they say. Was hoping to get it in this week so I don't have to drive with the annoyance and potential harm to any components, but nothing available. Hopefully they can figure it out, they will probably try to blame it on the aftermarket control arms and coilovers as they always did with my previous truck with a lift.

Last edited:

Scram1500

Reaction score
have a appointment next week at dealer, have to see what they say. hopefully they can figure it out, they will probably try to blame it on the aftermarket control arms and coilovers as they always did with my previous truck with a lift.
Of course they will. Unfortunately for them it takes unbalanced rotating mass to cause vibrations. Control arms and coilovers do not really fit into the equation, unless your front axles are at an extreme angle. You might be better off finding an indpendent tire shop. Tire chain stores and dealerships usually suck at balancing tires

jellis466

Reaction score
Of course they will. Unfortunately for them it takes unbalanced rotating mass to cause vibrations. Control arms and coilovers do not really fit into the equation, unless your front axles are at an extreme angle. You might be better off finding an indpendent tire shop. Tire chain stores and dealerships usually suck at balancing tires
Yeah I had it in once before for this and they said that my wheels were all good and balanced, yet the vibration is still there.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure you got the right springs? Looks like the upper part of the spring is completely compressed??
I reached out to Maxtrac just to be sure and they confirmed the springs look correct. Here’s the email.

Attachments

• 137B8314-6077-4CD9-8E87-EC8A15955F09.jpeg
    137B8314-6077-4CD9-8E87-EC8A15955F09.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 62

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
fd4297cc5397fdce1a6c915cfb9554fb.jpg

Yeah that’s normal looking

I can’t remember if it was you that talked about the springs making noise when they compress. I talked to Maxtrac directly and they said it was the first time they had heard anybody complain about spring noise (which is really called binding). I ordered a set that will be here on September 29, so I’ll see how mine work out.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Picked up piggy number 3 for my wife. I’ll have to say, without that bs torque management like my Silverado’s had, this thing is quite fun in the rain (the truck)
d55ad8af6d466f65b27073e86d63c35c.jpg

Those tips don't look factory, what exhaust are you running?

lkjk

Reaction score
View attachment 106169

sounds like a tire balancing issue, otherwise driveshaft outta balance but thats unlikely

jellis466

Reaction score
sounds like a tire balancing issue, otherwise driveshaft outta balance but thats unlikely
have had tires balanced and road force balanced and dealer says theyre all good. will take it to an actual tire shop and see what they say.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I can’t remember if it was you that talked about the springs making noise when they compress. I talked to Maxtrac directly and they said it was the first time they had heard anybody complain about spring noise (which is really called binding). I ordered a set that will be here on September 29, so I’ll see how mine work out.

It wasn’t me. But I haven’t had any issues or noise with them. Only have about 1500 miles on them though

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn’t me. But I haven’t had any issues or noise with them. Only have about 1500 miles on them though

Did you post pics of your truck after the reverse level? I can’t seem to find any.

Users who are viewing this thread