5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love how easy they make things nowadays on vehicles. It took me about three minutes to do the swap with the TRX switch. I did differently than waterfowler41’s video and left the plug attached when I removed the switch because I did not want to fish around for the plug afterwards.

9E05C52D-EC2D-49D2-948D-E72E302AE64C.jpeg
A598144B-FBB0-4BB3-B12B-F55D577B2D7F.jpeg
ECA42572-FCB8-4EA5-B298-C0A53492B986.jpeg

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
ok got mine and installed super east and fast, now when i turned it on there was a low growl? then a thunderous roar! the cluster had eyes, and a voice belowed out... are you ready slave! then the truck roared to life! door shuts, and gas pedal floored and burn out up the drive way down the street! wow! get this mod installed now !!!! told yall 707hp!

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
ok got mine and installed super east and fast, now when i turned it on there was a low growl? then a thunderous roar! the cluster had eyes, and a voice belowed out... are you ready slave! then the truck roared to life! door shuts, and gas pedal floored and burn out up the drive way down the street! wow! get this mod installed now !!!! told yall 707hp!

98c32d59eadc9222fb3514ef37fa73e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FN-2187

Reaction score
My Limited made it's music video debut. AC was cranking that day we shot the video. Seat ventilation in front, rear and AC worked amazing in the 113 degree heat. Was amazing to help my buddy out with his video, just being involved was awesome.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Limited made it's music video debut. AC was cranking that day we shot the video. Seat ventilation in front, rear and AC worked amazing in the 113 degree heat. Was amazing to help my buddy out with his video, just being involved was awesome.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Nice!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered some CDT front door speakers . If anyone’s wondering, the part# for the metra speaker adapter harness is 72-6514.
Next, I think I’m ordering a JL c7-350cm for the center channel speaker (I have an Alpine system), but $499 is a lot so I might wait a while.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i knew this truck was a money pit!!!!!!! just ordered the

Carven Exhaust Competitor Series Direct Replacement Muffler with 5-Inch Ceramic Black Tips!​

Congrats!

I don’t know if it’s just my imagination, but that TRX ignition switch feels way more crisp than the black one I had.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can add another 15 HP by replacing the lame OEM shifter and radio knobs with the AJT billet knobs. ;)

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Not my 5th Gen Laramie, but I drove my 3rd Gen Ram to a job today. It was an almost 6-hour round trip. So I wanted to see if a long trip might clear out the vibration/"semi-miss" while accelerating. I drove around 80 mph for most of the trip and the truck did okay. New tires and 1.5" level are great. But the semi-miss (light vibration and engine weakness) still seems to occur when below 70 mph and accelerating from about 2,000 to 3,0000 rpm. The rest of the time the engine feels very strong. No check engine light, no codes, no other issues. I have a box of used ignition coils. I'm going to try those first. I want to root this problem out before doing the valve train refresh and installing the HO cams and intake.

Ram24Sep2021_02.jpg

Ram24Sep2021_01.jpg

tom318

Reaction score
Happy Friday......That steel front bumper did it’s job! No injuries and super minor crash but the other car (Mitsubishi suv) was destroyed and not drivable. Such a same, just coming up to 1 year of ownership. Not my fault...other person jumped the gun on a 3 way stop and wasn’t paying attention. I basically stopped because I saw her coming and she just nailed me. 6D04799C-F234-447D-B744-FAB3F8F63C9D.jpeg

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am debating doing the same (winter is coming..) Any downsides? I have heard oil dripping for a few days on driveway and possibly smell. First hand knowledge is better than internet rumors.
Had mine done a couple most ago. Runoff is biodegradable. I used NH Oil.

Users who are viewing this thread