5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The site finally worked for me today... dont know why but happy it did.
Yup, got in last night. Think site was experiencing issues. Too bad site isn’t up to date with vehicles…drop down menu only goes to 2017. Seems best to know part numbers to reference in stock items. Either way, having this shopping option is so awesome!

riveralg79

Reaction score
Been pretty busy this week :

- Got the premium chrome mirrors on to replace the black tow mirrors
- Got Ceramic Tint Installed on front 2 and windshield brow
-LEDs in front footwells
- Hardwired Radar detector and dash cam
- Installed AEM dry flow air filter
- Washed the truck
- Installed plugs in license plate holes (front bumper
- Custom door sill guards (y'all already saw those)
- Snapped a couple pics, nothing extraordinary, still looks like a stock truck. Just doing the subtle mods that improve day to day.
- Ordered tires (Terrain Contact A/T) Backordered a month
- Installed auxiliary LED reverse lights https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...hare_fid=2034315&share_type=t&link_source=app

742774ab83b64bd074b1c7028ce71642.jpg
60ed5d958f649d3bddb7fddfdb0f2f1e.jpg
adb4a27ded33e882abcd433f30801b79.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Where did you get the reverse lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Where did you get the reverse lights

Amazon. Link is in my install thread.

Saw them at advanced auto parts today, same price

Last edited:

jgreene

Reaction score
Cut some trees down. Did some towing with the RAM. Then she got a much deserved bath since I had not cleaned her since I got back from Ontario. Even scrubbed the wheel wells and used a silicone spray on them to help protect and shine.

Attachments

• 20210904_144952.jpg
    20210904_144952.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210904_195028.jpg
    20210904_195028.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20210904_195042.jpg
    20210904_195042.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 114
U

User_63152

Washed, waxed and new wheels and tires installed today. Fuel 20” Rebel wheels with Pirelli Scorpion AT 275/60R20 tires. They rubbed the front Mopar mud guards at full lock so I took them off until the next item on the to do list is done. Next up, Bilstein 5160’s upfront and the Mopar UCA’s to level. Just waiting on the needed hardware to come in to have them installed.

View attachment 104651

View attachment 104652

View attachment 104653
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus (y)

I love mine.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 104666
Put some underglow on. Usually have it set to white and it comes on with cargo/entry lights and is awesome. Matches the entry mirror lights perfect. Blue shows up good in pictures though and fulfills my 2fast2furious high school years.
The opening scene (when Luda is setting up the race and they're blocking roads) with the lifted Rams! Or when they open the garage doors and Rams come out ramming the cop cars!

Yeaaaaaah, I'm still a Fast and the Furious fan 😅

RamLink83

Reaction score
Installed Borla Touring cat back. Overall install wasn't too bad, but having some fitment issues with the tips. The driver side I can adjust more easily to center the tips, but the passenger side is very stubborn. I also notice the muffler is pretty close to the frame and the pipe that goes over the axel on the passenger side is very close to the bump stop. Got it pretty centered and took it for a drive and noticed the tips move slightly out of alignment, so I guess i have to crawl back under and do some more adjustments.

Any suggestions on getting better alignment?

Aschulte13

Reaction score
Installed Borla Touring cat back. Overall install wasn't too bad, but having some fitment issues with the tips. The driver side I can adjust more easily to center the tips, but the passenger side is very stubborn. I also notice the muffler is pretty close to the frame and the pipe that goes over the axel on the passenger side is very close to the bump stop. Got it pretty centered and took it for a drive and noticed the tips move slightly out of alignment, so I guess i have to crawl back under and do some more adjustments.

I have the Atak on mine and they sent me the wrong driver side exhaust tip. Make sure you ordered the right one. If you attach pics I’ll compare to my setup. Borla had sent me a classic ram 1500 tip. Email them and send pics they can be helpful if they respond. [email protected]

Attachments

• 9FBFCC1A-D4F5-45B8-879C-598377B990A2.png
    9FBFCC1A-D4F5-45B8-879C-598377B990A2.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 55

thebluegoat

Reaction score

I have Magnaflow with solid tips on my 2011 but have had good luck aligning the tips by bending the hanger bracket on the exhaust

RamLink83

Reaction score
I have the Atak on mine and they sent me the wrong driver side exhaust tip. Make sure you ordered the right one. If you attach pics I’ll compare to my setup. Borla had sent me a classic ram 1500 tip. Email them and send pics they can be helpful if they respond. [email protected]
I don't have any underneath pics of the tips right now because it's raining, but I have attached pics of the tips when I initially got them centered the best I could and then pics of all the pieces prior to install. Was it really obvious you got the wrong tailpipe when fitting? My driver side was almost touching the bumper when I first installed and then after wiggling and trying to bend the hanger a bit, I got it somewhat centered.

Is your muffler close to the frame as well and is your passenger pipe really close to the bump stop too?

Attachments

• borla1.jpg
    borla1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 96
  • borla2.jpg
    borla2.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 96

riveralg79

Reaction score
Amazon. Link is in my install thread.

Saw them at advanced auto parts today, same price

Looks like a dead link… what’s the name brand… I can check Advanced auto…

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Looks like a dead link… what’s the name brand… I can check Advanced auto…

Sorry, fixed all the links.

SYLVANIA - Flush Mount 4 Inch LED Light Pod - Lifetime Limited Warranty - Wide Flood Light 900 Raw Lumens, Best Quality Off Road Driving Work Light, Truck, Car, Boat, ATV, UTV, SUV (1 PC) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083VSX4B...abc_FQN0T0GH9AF5R30S3FBG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Aschulte13

Reaction score
I don't have any underneath pics of the tips right now because it's raining, but I have attached pics of the tips when I initially got them centered the best I could and then pics of all the pieces prior to install. Was it really obvious you got the wrong tailpipe when fitting? My driver side was almost touching the bumper when I first installed and then after wiggling and trying to bend the hanger a bit, I got it somewhat centered.

Is your muffler close to the frame as well and is your passenger pipe really close to the bump stop too?
Yeah it was really obvious. Here is a picture. Borla was cool and is sending me a new drivers side exhaust.

Here are some pics. For the most part it fit really well. You can see the tip that was way off. Borla was cool and recognized the problem and is sending a new drivers side exhaust now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 122

RamLink83

Reaction score
Yeah it was really obvious. Here is a picture. Borla was cool and is sending me a new drivers side exhaust.

Here are some pics. For the most part it fit really well. You can see the tip that was way off. Borla was cool and recognized the problem and is sending a new drivers side exhaust now.
Thanks for the pics. I'm gonna see what kind of adjustments I can make tomorrow and if unsuccessful, will contact Borla. Do you have any issues with the tip being so close to the bumper and plastic. I'm worried if I can adjust, it might melt the plastic.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I'm gonna see what kind of adjustments I can make tomorrow and if unsuccessful, will contact Borla. Do you have any issues with the tip being so close to the bumper and plastic. I'm worried if I can adjust, it might melt the plastic.
My ATAK was a little hard to get the tips just right. I ended up putting a dab of antiseize on the inside of each slip joint, tighten a little bit so they didn't move by themselves, get everything lined up perfectly and then tighten down.

Aschulte13

Reaction score
No problems with the plastic melting. It fills the exhaust cut outs real nice. Looks better than stock in my opinion.
also I second what @Klicht87 says. Keep them all loose until everything lines up then tighten.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amazing weekend...man do I love this truck. I was able to participate and try to make Team USA for BMW's international off-road competition. I didn't make the team but had a blast. We did 20 challenges over 3 days with 3 being team challenges with a randomly assigned group. Each person starts with 200 points and you get deductions for errors or DNFs. I won't know how many points I scored for 1 month but I'd guess I was closer to 125 out of 200 when all was said and done.

WXmSdLh.jpg
3ljnMUO.jpg
l4RYtHa.jpg
tWHyfOz.jpg
KSVEl12.jpg
U5WwQxq.jpg
ZD8AL0I.jpg
WkGk4qT.jpg

Z6nOhbj.jpeg

Ra9F6Cf.jpg
I8uYnLJ.jpg
nwhuAno.jpg

download

Then, Time to head home!

OhhL90p.jpg
xWSUkgc.jpg
JbpU3uw.jpg
PqzWLUt.jpg
grG6mrR.jpg
vctKiLV.jpg

Fantastic weekend...amazing truck.

Memorial Day to Labor Day, 9300 miles on the Odometer now. I'd say it's officially broken in and AVG over 9300 miles is 22 MPG with 4500 miles being at near max payload.

Users who are viewing this thread