5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ended up getting a tyger cover for now. Bak flip wouldn’t be here in time for this weekend trip. So Installed a T1 tyger cover today. I’ll end up selling this and getting the backflip. But I’m impressed how nice this is!!
895d98f83469b9090ecbb728486eb830.jpg

dba493af1e50c4949a55c3bd0f81bd6a.jpg

jessed1

Reaction score
I was looking at this one. How quick was the install? I like that it doesn’t overlay onto the floor mat.
Its not difficult, took me about 20 minutes. Hardest thing was lining up the lock nuts inside of the seat support brackets (6 total). Just have to fish them back and hold with one finger while starting the bolt from the outside.

johna151730

Reaction score
Installed the Diode Dynamics LED replacements for the third brake light and cargo lights. Wow what a difference! I haven't been able to see what the brake light looks like but the cargo lights are extremely bright! Started the PCM swap process for my tune and also ordered the Rough Country 5" lift. The new unlocked PCM should be here by end of week and the 5" lift goes on around the end of the month. Already had the 2" leveling pucks with links, but really looking forward to getting the 5" lift on.
Which DD cargo LEDs did you go with, $40 or $90? When backing up at night, stock lights are not bright enough. What year is your truck? Any water leaks after install? Thanks.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Towed my Aunt's little pop-up last night. First time I've towed anything even though it came with the tow package.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ended up getting a tyger cover for now. Bak flip wouldn’t be here in time for this weekend trip. So Installed a T1 tyger cover today. I’ll end up selling this and getting the backflip. But I’m impressed how nice this is!!

I had zero issues with this one for 2.5 years before trading it in. It was a good value.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
lol...for sure, I can report that the Ram did just fine!

Seriously, use the wood for our outdoor pizza oven. Need lots of it; I have a good mix of pine, fir, birch, and juniper!

That is a nice backyard setup. I have only cooked with white oak, hickory, apple and cherry. Plenty in the area use other fruit woods but they are not plentiful for me. Never tried soft woods. We have pines in this area but they are just fire pit wood or kindling.

I built a stainless gas grill into the deck rail when we built it. Plumbed it to a 100# tank and used it extensively. Now birds build nests in it and I use a regular kettle grill or my old smoker. I need to fix it back up for quick meals.

Tdub

Reaction score

Have the same set-up...Great value IMO!!

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Today, I decided that the front bumper would look better without the license plate.

Carla2021Ram03.jpg

For bumper plugs, I bought four of the HIllman brand 3/8" metal hole plugs at Lowes. Then I used some small pliers to expand the flanges on the back just a little bit.

Ram8Aug2021_03.jpg

This made them pop in nice and tight in the 7/16" holes.

Ram8Aug2021_02.jpg

I think this looks better. But we will see. I can always stick the license plate holder back on there if I want. ;)

Ram8Aug2021_04.jpg

sep1006

Reaction score
Today, I decided that the front bumper would look better without the license plate.

View attachment 102335

For bumper plugs, I bought four of the HIllman brand 3/8" metal hole plugs at Lowes. Then I used some small pliers to expand the flanges on the back just a little bit.

View attachment 102340

This made them pop in nice and tight in the 7/16" holes.

View attachment 102341

I think this looks better. But we will see. I can always stick the license plate holder back on there if I want. ;)

View attachment 102342

Agree with you on this, way better without it. Here in Texas your supposed to have one on front and back but they don't really enforce it.

IMG_1478.jpg

sessman

Reaction score
In the past couple of days I've replaced the shift knob with the AJT Design black one and I love it. It feels better than the stock one as far as being able to grip it and it just looks so much better. Can't decide if I want to go for the other dash knobs from them because from the pictures it looks like you can still see some of the silver around the inside rim of them where they just overlay the existing knobs instead of actually removing them like the shift knob.

I also installed some black lug nuts because I'm not sure why Ram didn't do this from the factory for the Night Edition wheels. Love the way it looks with that subtle change.

Tomorrow I'm installing the Hellwig sway bar and Borla S-type exhaust. Can we say tax return? haha

View attachment 100726 View attachment 100727 View attachment 100728 View attachment 100729 View attachment 100730 View attachment 100731
I just bought a 2021 Laramie night edition and totally agree about the chrome lug nuts. Which did you buy?

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Which DD cargo LEDs did you go with, $40 or $90? When backing up at night, stock lights are not bright enough. What year is your truck? Any water leaks after install? Thanks.

I went with the brighter ones for $90. My truck is a ‘19 Rebel. No water leaks. But I’m one that hasn’t had any issues with leaks (yet). Install was as simple as removing the four screws, popping out the old bulbs and then installing the new.

How do you get your cargo lights to come on while in reverse? Mine have never done that.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
That is a nice backyard setup. I have only cooked with white oak, hickory, apple and cherry. Plenty in the area use other fruit woods but they are not plentiful for me. Never tried soft woods. We have pines in this area but they are just fire pit wood or kindling.

I built a stainless gas grill into the deck rail when we built it. Plumbed it to a 100# tank and used it extensively. Now birds build nests in it and I use a regular kettle grill or my old smoker. I need to fix it back up for quick meals.

Thanks! Took me a while to finish it as it was mostly grass but wanted to turn it into more a "food court" (small garden, a chicken coop for fresh eggs, and a pizza oven of course...lol) since it's right off the kitchen. But we love the pizza oven as it was hand built in Portugal and shipped over to the US (I bought it from a vendor in Phoenix). But I had to have a foundation built to support it as it weighs over 1500 lbs. (needed to hire a crane to bring it into the yard...lol).

Yeah, apple wood or hickory would be ideal but not readily available where I live. Pinion and juniper does great but also expensive (have to go to different areas if I want to get myself). Fir is okay but the pine burns really fast so we go through a lot. But since I can get all I want for almost free (cost of a permit and gas for the truck) and I usually go to different areas to get a little of everything so it works out well!

Having that stainless gas grille built into the deck sounds great and I do want to get a smoker too! Time to get rid of those birds and enjoy!

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did my first oil change since installing my fumoto valve that is supposed to make oil changes easier and less mess. I might have to get a different drain pan because as soon as the oil hit the drain pan, it started splattering everywhere, all over my head and faces almost a 2' radius around the pan. So actually made more of a mess with the oil than just letting it hit sway bar. Finally got the pan centered with the stream so it was hitting the hole in middle and it stopped splattering. Thinking a screen on top or something to reduce splatter, or will have to get a hose that fits over the nipple on valve so it goes straight into drain pan. It just doesn't "flow" out of the valve smooth enough. Waiting on engine to cool down a little more before taking filter off as I use the larger older Hemi filter so take a little more to get it out
Use a hose on the nipple.

SkeeterJackson

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread