5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ceramic tint went on today - windshield, and 4 doors (left the rear window w/ dealer tint for now). I could immediately tell the difference in heat coming in, as soon as I left the tint shop.

Planned on getting a start on wash and decontamination tonight, but rain/lightning had other ideas. So, tomorrow will be a long day, finishing with ceramic coat.
Can you explain what exactly the ceramic tint on windows is? I assume its not a film, so how is it done? I'd like to block a little more sunlight from coming into the front, so long as its legal in NC.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Can you explain what exactly the ceramic tint on windows is? I assume its not a film, so how is it done? I'd like to block a little more sunlight from coming into the front, so long as its legal in NC.

Well, it is a film, actually. Ceramic tint (the one I have on the windshield, which is technically ceramic film, as there is no "tint" to it) has no dyes, metal, or carbons in it. It's constructed of microscopic ceramic particles, that block heat, and UV rays. It's installed just like regular tint, with an adhesive. Most states don't allow tinted windshields (other than the strip at the top)

It's not dark, I can't notice any difference as far as light vs dark, but the temp difference is significant.

The ceramic tint(film) that I had put on the windows is the same product, but it is dyed to the same tint level like any other tint.

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
in NC your good with Tint till 35% which is still pretty decent, opting for the ceramic vs standard will cut out more heat then a limo tint with out it, downside it more than doubles the price from 200ish for a crew cap to near 500, but your able to stay fully legal and have much cooler cab.

now honestly ive never had an issue with going a shade or 2 darker then legal limit, just dont go limo tint and be surprised when they pull you over

Choppa

Reaction score
Some vacation fun for me
😎

•KSP 1.5" wheel spacers added. Gave me just enough wheel poke.
•Cut some decals for my rims.
•Added sport pedal covers.
Doing LED work this weekend.

R41.jpg R43.jpg R44.jpg R45.jpg R46.jpg R47.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it is a film, actually. Ceramic tint (the one I have on the windshield, which is technically ceramic film, as there is no "tint" to it) has no dyes, metal, or carbons in it. It's constructed of microscopic ceramic particles, that block heat, and UV rays. It's installed just like regular tint, with an adhesive. Most states don't allow tinted windshields (other than the strip at the top)

It's not dark, I can't notice any difference as far as light vs dark, but the temp difference is significant.

The ceramic tint(film) that I had put on the windows is the same product, but it is dyed to the same tint level like any other tint.

I second the ceramic tint on the windshield! It blocks UV (keeps dash from fading) and IR (heat). It's amazing when you are driving in full sun with it shining on your hands on the wheel. You suddenly realize you see the sunlight but don't feel the Texas heat baking on your hands!

Also keeps your truck cooler for a little while when you park. After too long the surrounding heat soaks everything but for short stops you can feel the difference when you get back in.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I second the ceramic tint on the windshield! It blocks UV (keeps dash from fading) and IR (heat). It's amazing when you are driving in full sun with it shining on your hands on the wheel. You suddenly realize you see the sunlight but don't feel the Texas heat baking on your hands!

Also keeps your truck cooler for a little while when you park. After too long the surrounding heat soaks everything but for short stops you can feel the difference when you get back in.

Yep, I have wincos 70% on my windshield, makes the cab of my truck much much cooler and the AC easily keeps up to the point I'm turning down my AC

WReckeR

Reaction score
I introduced my Ram to a longhorn ram in the Badlands of SD 😂. Here for a Rally with my US Military Vets Brothers in Rapid City/Sturgis, SD. To satisfy this thread, I also added the DNA of about 500,000 bugs... Sounded like rain hitting the windshield! View attachment 101264 View attachment 101260 View attachment 101261 View attachment 101262 View attachment 101263 View attachment 101264 View attachment 101265 View attachment 101266 View attachment 101267 View attachment 101268 View attachment 101269
Tow of my favorite things -- being outside in nature, and keeping up with old friends!

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Install clear paint protection film at door sills. 10whp pre door

If the truck wasn’t black I would not worry to much about that. But damn. Every little things shows. My first black truck. It been Driving me nuts.

a8cd56b57316e39ddf39b8ab543e944f.jpg

2021 | 1500 | Big Horn | Crew Cab | 5.7 eTorque | 5’7” Bed | Night Edition | Diamond Black | Level 2 Equipment Group | Bed Utility Group | 3.92 Rear | Build Date 10/20 | Husky Mud Flaps | Tyger Auto Side Steps |

Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score
I bought the tint overlays for my taillights, cab light and turn signals. I just cleaned the area with windex then wiped with a microfiber cloth. Lined them up over the intended area and put them on with no issues.

Just take your time and you should be okay.

View attachment 101177 View attachment 101178
Man...lighting is FUNCTIONAL! And for safety of yourself and others. Why people choose to dim them with tint is beyond me. Other guys are adding lights, for offroading at night and such. To each his own, but I prefer aesthetics that don't compromise common sense functionality.

sep1006

Reaction score
Man...lighting is FUNCTIONAL! And for safety of yourself and others. Why people choose to dim them with tint is beyond me. Other guys are adding lights, for offroading at night and such. To each his own, but I prefer aesthetics that don't compromise common sense functionality.
The overlays don't go over the entire light, except the cab light. And they are still PLENTY bright enough!!!

WReckeR

Reaction score
Added Bakflip and Dakine bike pad to new Rebel.

827cf13180b1710a7e36a83de0f3a365.jpg

6c44064c0ebb47b6549b9b8017d14fe5.jpg

a7f98d69acba8494a70e340cd3a638e4.jpg

373b299cb4514a4d902219886df19a55.jpg

5ee264c49001c61f71d831524a9684de.jpg
Personally, I think hanging the front wheel and forks over the tailgate is a kind of mountain bike rider's signature, like the Jeep and motorcyclist wave. It's kind of a shout out to other riders, saying, "I just tossed the bike in the back and headed to the trail!" You see a completely different approach from the road bike crowd, who are OCD and very carefully mount their skinny tire bikes on racks in a straight line fashion.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Install clear paint protection film at door sills. 10whp pre door

If the truck wasn’t black I would not worry to much about that. But damn. Every little things shows. My first black truck. It been Driving me nuts.

a8cd56b57316e39ddf39b8ab543e944f.jpg

2021 | 1500 | Big Horn | Crew Cab | 5.7 eTorque | 5’7” Bed | Night Edition | Diamond Black | Level 2 Equipment Group | Bed Utility Group | 3.92 Rear | Build Date 10/20 | Husky Mud Flaps | Tyger Auto Side Steps |

Is that the kit from Red hound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Johnny32g

Reaction score
How did you do the install? Did you use only water or did you use a heat gun or both? I ordered some and they've come in so I'm ready to install but want to make sure I don't screw it up.
Used water with a bit of soap. Watched the ol YouTube videos. Wasn’t hard. Have a squeegee handy. And heat gun or hair dryer works. I also left it to bake in this heat wave we’re having in Chicago

Users who are viewing this thread