5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Vol4Life

Reaction score
I ordered both the shift and radio/climate knobs. Still saying backorder until 7/31.
I would be very interested to get some pictures once you install the radio/climate knobs to see if the silver shows through like it seems to do on their website. If it covers the silver completely then I'll be ordering some for sure.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used this guy. Recommended by others here.
There is only one option. I’m very happy with it.
Another question about the tail light tint. In the winter I use a touchless car wash and I'm concerned that the water jets may blow the tint off of the lights. Any experience with touchless car washes?

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed that too about the AJT radio knobs and it's the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on them. I like my shifter knob for the same reasons you mentioned.

I noticed my neighbors Chevy Trail Boss Midnight Edition has chrome lug nuts like our Ram's. It doesn't make sense.
I bought them... Back ordered. A little black paint.

Wxrescue45

Reaction score
I don't like that you lose offroad settings on airride with these.
The suspension components on all DT trucks are exactly the same, the only variation being spring type and shock valving. So the components (control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc) can only travel so much. Rebels and Off Road model trucks ride 1" higher than the standard trucks, even with the non-adjustable suspension. However, just because they start at a higher Normal ride height, it does not mean they can raise the same amount higher. Rebel and Off Road package trucks can only raise to the same maximum ride height as all the other trucks. So, the highest ride height on any Ram is exactly the same. The number of deviations, or steps in between Normal and Max ride height is either 1 or 2, depending on how high the truck rides to begin with. So a Rebel, which starts 1" higher than my non-ORG Laramie with air ride, for example, only has one more level up to go to get to max, where my Laramie has two levels to go up.

I would assume it has to do with raising the ride height and this guy in the suspension thread explains it pretty well.

I guess since it's a cheap level upgrade ($30) and you are not really changing the whole suspension around you have to lose some functionality somewhere..

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would assume it has to do with raising the ride height and this guy in the suspension thread explains it pretty well.

I guess since it's a cheap level upgrade ($30) and you are not really changing the whole suspension around you have to lose some functionality somewhere..
You're not losing offroad settings. You're gaining permanent offroad settings.

Johnny32g

Reaction score
Another question about the tail light tint. In the winter I use a touchless car wash and I'm concerned that the water jets may blow the tint off of the lights. Any experience with touchless car washes?
Unfortunately I don’t. I hand wash it since it has the PPF and I don’t wanna mess with it. Also getting ceramic coat on the rest of the truck. The tint on the mirrors went on before the PPF so I’m not too worried there. I’m sure if it peels i will just remove and buy em again. Or cut my own now that I have the template

VPI

Reaction score
Installed the Hellwig Swaybar and Bedrug. Hellwig seems to be a great add-on, Bedrug will be once I can get all the velcro to connect at the perfect place to keep the tailgate top from interfering with the massive Diamondback gasket on the tonneau cover.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t. I hand wash it since it has the PPF and I don’t wanna mess with it. Also getting ceramic coat on the rest of the truck. The tint on the mirrors went on before the PPF so I’m not too worried there. I’m sure if it peels i will just remove and buy em again. Or cut my own now that I have the template
If a carwash peels off the protective film then it is not protective. They would need to put new film on for me.

For the question about the light tint, I don't know either....

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So.... My Retrax Pro MX came in today... No hardware! I don't blame Retrax, as I'm sure ups broke the packaging, lost the hardware, and did a S... Job taping it back up. I bought it for a trip, now stuck with the factory one, which I was going to sell... To retrax Cred, they attempted to get me hardware from a local distrib which also failed, so they are sending a complete hardware kit to the house. Oh well, something had to go wrong. What vacation is complete without a ton of stress? 😬🤬🤯😢

Brunzca

Reaction score
Ceramic tint went on today - windshield, and 4 doors (left the rear window w/ dealer tint for now). I could immediately tell the difference in heat coming in, as soon as I left the tint shop.

Planned on getting a start on wash and decontamination tonight, but rain/lightning had other ideas. So, tomorrow will be a long day, finishing with ceramic coat.

Reaction score
Wow those are extremely low profile. Any wind noise while driving on the freeway? I like how they look

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

So I've got an update. Been on the highway a few times now. Zero wind noise as far as I can tell, no whistle of air. I listen with windows up and also windows down and nothing. Just normal wind you get with windows downs on a highway.

I am very satisfied with them, great product. Again I'm very surprised they are not talked about more amongst multiple forums of other vehicle makes.

I'm not sure exactly how well the clips work, I mean they don't hinder anything but I don't feel like that add any significant hold over the tape. They were easy to go on so I don't care, but you could probably not use them if you chose to do so. Double sided tape works great.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Cert, only upon payoff? Or did you get, and still have a loan?
The cert is required to get it registered and licensed. Part of the redacted part lists Chrysler Capital as the lien holder. I got 1.9% for 60 months. The Arkansas Revenue Department takes the cert and gives me the registration. They then mail the Arkansas title they generate to Chrysler Capital. Once the vehicle is paid for, they sign on the lien holder line and mail me the title. But we won't get that far. We usually trade vehicles every 2 to 3 years. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread