5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Washed and Turtle Wax ceramic sprayed. quick and easy.
Also added tow hooks. I was gonna powder coat them red or blue, but they come with a pretty heavy duty black finish. Almost like a rhino lining bed spray. So I guess I'll leave them for now. View attachment 98215
Now you "need" rear TRX tow hooks and Brackets. :ROFLMAO:

Klicht87

Reaction score
Yes you can use them with cooled seats and yes they fully replace the original covers. I would say out of every mod I’ve done to my truck this was by far the most difficult. I would recommend having a professional shop install them 100%.
I installed Katzkin myself on my last truck. I got the covers for a really good price and with install added almost $1000. I thought that was insane but after doing it and having throbbing hands for a week, I would HIGHLY recommend paying for install.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I installed Katzkin myself on my last truck. I got the covers for a really good price and with install added almost $1000. I thought that was insane but after doing it and having throbbing hands for a week, I would HIGHLY recommend paying for install.
Haha yeah man I was like screw that I’m not paying that much for install! But after so much frustration and soreness (in my whole body lol) I came to terms with the fact that sometimes it’s just best to let the professionals do it. However I will say that if you don’t care about keeping your stock material you can just cut it off with a razor blade and that will legitimately cut I’d say 65% of the effort out of it! Saving the cloth was a paaaiiinnnn

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ordered the Muzzys a/c hack. Been thinking about it for a while. Did some work to my mother's 06 Ion this weekend, and when test driving the car, the a/c nearly froze me out. Pretty sad when a 15 year old economy car makes your new truck feel inferior! :ROFLMAO:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered the Muzzys a/c hack. Been thinking about it for a while. Did some work to my mother's 06 Ion this weekend, and when test driving the car, the a/c nearly froze me out. Pretty sad when a 15 year old economy car makes your new truck feel inferior! :ROFLMAO:
What’s the muzzys ac hack?

HemiDude

Reaction score
What’s the muzzys ac hack?
Adds a valve to your heater hose line that allows you to reduce or shut off flow, which should in turn reduce temps in your cab. Many here have installed this and state they have been able to reduce a/c temps by 5 degrees or so. Any reduction in my a/c temps will be welcome. Here's a link:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Adds a valve to your heater hose line that allows you to reduce or shut off flow, which should in turn reduce temps in your cab. Many here have installed this and state they have been able to reduce a/c temps by 5 degrees or so. Any reduction in my a/c temps will be welcome. Here's a link:

Thanks for the link! I knew about the AC hack with a clamp on the hose but I didn’t know there was a “kit” for it! Nice I’m gonna buy it because it’s only a matter of time before it’s 100+ degrees here in SoCal

sep1006

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I knew about the AC hack with a clamp on the hose but I didn’t know there was a “kit” for it! Nice I’m gonna buy it because it’s only a matter of time before it’s 100+ degrees here in SoCal

So I think I read on here that the 2021's didn't need this mod, am I correct?

Wsmith

Reaction score
Washed and Turtle Wax ceramic sprayed. quick and easy.
Also added tow hooks. I was gonna powder coat them red or blue, but they come with a pretty heavy duty black finish. Almost like a rhino lining bed spray. So I guess I'll leave them for now. View attachment 98215
I really like that Turtle Wax ceramic spray. It looks great, applies easy and I was still beading on the hood after a full year. The sides where the road salt and debris hit need an application about every 3 months. Great quality stuff

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So I think I read on here that the 2021's didn't need this mod, am I correct?
I thought I read that too but I’m not positive! Even if you don’t “need” it, it’ll still help just like 2019 & 2020 trucks tho. Just decide if you personally like your AC performance or not

HemiDude

Reaction score
It's already been in the 90's here in Ohio, with high humidity. so I'm looking forward to the xtra "relief"

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It's already been in the 90's here in Ohio, with high humidity. so I'm looking forward to the xtra "relief"
Dang that sounds horrible! I hate the humidity. I moved from the desert where it’s already 110+ now to North San Diego where it’s been in the 80s but I know the heat is coming! All the window/windshield tint helps a ton, but on those super hot days I need a colder AC lol

Wsmith

Reaction score

I read the 3 reviews on Amazon on this hack. The first review complained about the poor quality hose clamps (easy fix). He stated that he had a 2021. Everything I have seen states that they fixed this problem on the 21's. I have an appointment at the dealer. They are kind of giving me the run around on it, I think I will cancel the "evaluation appointment" I have scheduled this week and just get this and put some quality hose clamps on it.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I thought I read that too but I’m not positive! Even if you don’t “need” it, it’ll still help just like 2019 & 2020 trucks tho. Just decide if you personally like your AC performance or not
I have a 2021 and I will say it doesn't get freezing cold but cold enough.

Idaho970

Reaction score
I have a 2021 and I will say it doesn't get freezing cold but cold enough.
I guess "cold enough" is relative. I don't think my truck should be on full speed fan for over an hour and not get the truck to a reasonable temp (70-72) when it's 90 degrees outside. Especially when I have full ceramic tint on the vehicle. I can only imagine what it would be like without the tint....I may still end up taking it to the dealer to see if they can give it a once over.

Users who are viewing this thread