5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks!
Sorry, just realized I gave you the wrong link for the shifter trim plate

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Hello, Are you finding any issues when you drive with your hitch step installed all the time? Does the sensors see it or did you shut them off?

Hey there!

I have my backup sensor turned off because my truck would abruptly (and violently) halt when backing into certain parking spaces. Parallel parking and normal backing up has never been an issue with the step installed.

I honestly don't know if it was the hitch step or not. I'll be able to test this one out next weekend when I'm in Maryland, there is a spot there that always gave me issues.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
where did you find the A

Hello, after looking at that large screen you have, what are you thoughts on it, do you like it? any glitches in it as of yet? overall how easy is it to use?

merican flag for the shifting knob?

I got the shifter trim plate on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z58SGKD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't had any issues with the 12" screen, works perfectly and pretty easy to use. Uconnect, the software that runs on the head unit however could use a lot of improving.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Can you post pictures of the stickers once they are installed please so we can see how the contrast looks?

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Don't you worry about visibility when tinting your exterior lighting? What is the benefit you seek?
Initially of course it was a concern but I did my research. I went with light gloss for the headlights and it's purely aesthetical. All the other lights are now smoked, just making the party in the front match the business in the back. I will take a Lux reading pre and post install and report back.

You can look at the review pics on: https://www.luxeautoconcepts.net/pr...ght-tint-kit-full-wrap?variant=30735384150112

Light output doesn't appear to be affected but I have off road LEDs on the grille guard if I need extra light.

JbVt

Reaction score
Hey there!

I have my backup sensor turned off because my truck would abruptly (and violently) halt when backing into certain parking spaces. Parallel parking and normal backing up has never been an issue with the step installed.

I honestly don't know if it was the hitch step or not. I'll be able to test this one out next weekend when I'm in Maryland, there is a spot there that always gave me issues.
You can turn off the automatic braking feature in the Uconnect. But still have the backup sensors that alarm if you get too close to something.

U

User_63152

Put the Westin hitch step on. Not really crazy about it, honestly. Plus, it trips the backup sensors something awful.

Attachments

• 20210617_190111b.jpg
    20210617_190111b.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 20210617_190124b.jpg
    20210617_190124b.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 137

Chuck19

Reaction score
Sorry, just realized I gave you the wrong link for the shifter trim plate

All good. That’s where I got my last one but said they were unavailable. Now that it says in stock soon I placed an order! I will probably get a push Button start cover too!

SmittysTrk

Reaction score
Since it was such a beautiful day here and I got back from the dealer early enough (will post why I was there on "interiors" ) I stopped and picked up a clay mit with a bottle of Griot's speed shine and a bottle of Turtle wax hybrid ceramic coating and hopped to it. Truck looks amazing! I wish TW would add a guide so you can tell where it is. (or where it isn't) My backyard is pretty shaded in the afternoon which is nice for washing and waxing but I could hardly tell how well it was buffing up. I had to run down to the park down the street to get it in the sun. People musta thought I was nuts because I kept moving the truck to different angles to get the sun on all 4 sides. Anyway tomorrow I'll do the 2nd coat and maybe do the windows too. Stuff is pretty easy to use.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Put the Westin hitch step on. Not really crazy about it, honestly. Plus, it trips the backup sensors something awful.
To be far, it isn't listed as an part for our trucks on their website and that is probably why.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Westin is pretty good at f!@#n' their customers over. I have a bunch of issues with the grille guard I spent big bucks on. Biggest problem is every time my front camera kicks on I have to see that stupid WESTIN logo.

IMG_20200512_164712.jpg

Bossdog421

Reaction score
Can you post pictures of the stickers once they are installed please so we can see how the contrast looks?
Yeah they come in next week but I'll be out of town. I'll do a before and after.

Here's the link to the ones i bought, a lot of color options. The pic there doesnt do it justice because the sample uses a chrome outlined badge, not the all black one

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online