5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just FYI, if you spray it with WD-40 and let it sit for a while it will come right off.
I used Turtle wax Bug and Tar Remover. Given how much I had to remove, it took me about 6 hours. I found it to be better than WD40 as it polished out after wiping with a clean cloth. The WD40 left a film.
Here are some after photos.
I ordered some CarPro Tar X for the wheel wells and mud flaps. 24902C40-B388-44E2-BAA4-453BD0EE4609.jpeg C8A79966-34AC-408A-B239-15C516AF4E6C.jpeg 121FE699-F406-404A-8908-0F3CC1961B71.jpeg

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What’s “Ram Bonus Drive” cash???

I'd like to know, too.

Yeah I was curious also. So I looked it up. Turns out I was able to get $250 because of my insurance company. Shi$$y part is my purchase had to be within 90 days. Wish I knew about that last summer when I got my truck!
You can get this no matter who you have insurance with. Nothing to buy. I looked it up and it is some deal All-State has going on. Just fill out the info and they mail you a $250 check. Easy as that. I have never had All-State and I got my check in no time.

That being said, I don't know who they are selling my info to but it is very basic stuff that any marketing firm could find. I haven't gotten any more than the typical 3 to 5 calls a day telling me that my warranty is about to expire. So no difference there. I always wonder what warranty is expiring. The one on the vehicle that is a few months old or the one that is 17 years old. 🤔

standfree

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure and post pics, curious to see how that turns out.
got the fuse lid done, the engine cover done and now waiting for next weekend to do the radiator upper seal and then gonna try and shave off all the fins on the air cleaner top half then paint the whole thing minus the metal clamp which i'll do black

Idahoktm

Reaction score
You can get this no matter who you have insurance with. Nothing to buy. I looked it up and it is some deal All-State has going on. Just fill out the info and they mail you a $250 check. Easy as that. I have never had All-State and I got my check in no time.

That being said, I don't know who they are selling my info to but it is very basic stuff that any marketing firm could find. I haven't gotten any more than the typical 3 to 5 calls a day telling me that my warranty is about to expire. So no difference there. I always wonder what warranty is expiring. The one on the vehicle that is a few months old or the one that is 17 years old. 🤔
Can you purchase dealer services with the check or just parts/merchandise?

U

User_63152

Yeah I was curious also. So I looked it up. Turns out I was able to get $250 because of my insurance company. Shi$$y part is my purchase had to be within 90 days. Wish I knew about that last summer when I got my truck!
It's 60 days. Too late for me, too. Oh well.

Lighthawk

Reaction score
Today I made a raised flat floor for my big dog.
Since the 5th gens don't have a fold out flat floor that goes over the rear under seat storage area, I decided to make one. I picked up some lumber and fabric and went to work. Now my pup has much more room to move around back there. (y)
Looks pretty good. I'm planning something similar.

Ramjack

Reaction score
Can you purchase dealer services with the check or just parts/merchandise?
It's a real check made payable to you. You can do anything (or nothing) with it. I got mine in less than 3 weeks so don't be discouraged by the 8-10 week estimate they give you.

BowDown

Reaction score
What’s “Ram Bonus Drive” cash???

I'd like to know, too.

JbVt

Reaction score
Thanks but I bought my truck last year. Didn’t know about this then.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Its cash, a $250 check sent to use to use however you please

me when I got my check
I remember when that came out on the news. It was hilarious! The cutie news chick did not know what to say at that point.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Today was an installation day with The Abyss. First was the LUYED LED reverse lights. I used the 5-pin CURT harness, marine solder connectors ( heat-gun activated solder/shrink wrap, effective and easy), and probably 9 zip ties to secure all the wiring. Everything is clean and out of the way.

Next I installed LED bed light strips. I wanted the same functionality as the BUG lights, and I didn't want to install prox switches or anything complicated. Although I initially didn't want to cut into OEM wiring, the ease and security of the solder connectors changed my mind. The BUG bracket at the left includes a switch at the bottom and a light above it. I removed the left tail light, which has both Torx screws and push-in fasteners (gently pry out the center lock with a screwdriver tip, then pull out the fastener). The BUG harness has two connectors on the back side. Bottom is for the switch, and top goes to the light. The light is powered after the switch, so using the red/black wires here gives you the same functionality as the light it connects to. You have to cut away some fabric wrap to get to the wires. The LED strips have their own switch, so if the BUG lights are on, you can turn off the LEDs if you like. Currently, I have it mounted with double sided tape behind the round hole by the tie down loop. I will probably replace the original switch with a nice round one that fits in that hole with a proper nut on the back side.

Finally I set up my tonneau cover and my cargo bar / bin storage. I bought the ratcheting cargo bar from Harbor Freight (Haul Master brand) and a pair of 27 gallon totes from Costco. With the tonneau cover, you end up with a locked trunk, so I can securely store items I don't want in the cab while I'm shopping. Further, I have rain protection from the tote covers and the tonneau as well. I'll be able to toss groceries in there, or camping gear for example. The bar keeps the bins close to the tailgate without sliding.

The tonneau is an Extang Solid Fold 2.0. It's the only brand stating compatibility with the 6'4" bed / Multi-function tailgate. The 3 folding panels are thick / tough, not easy to cut through. They're also able to hold 600 lbs evenly distributed. The rear latches are spring loaded handles. Just tug them down to release the cover, then like most others, it's a tri-fold. Easy peasy.

20210606_184957.jpg 20210606_195944.jpg 20210606_203004.jpg 20210606_205141.jpg download_20210606_205359.jpg

Idaho970

Reaction score
Busy weekend!

The Mrs. was feeling left out with the upgrades, so I installed some bed lights and tailgate OPT7 triple row light bar.
DAE03298-0AE6-4D1D-B6E9-3E1877CBC220_1_201_a.jpeg

56B598D9-727E-480B-9D13-3FE987A4006F_1_201_a.jpeg

Added the red start button (I hear it adds 50HP):
91C46733-CDA0-4434-927E-DDBB1E62AED5_1_201_a.jpeg

Joined the club with the dog bench. Lots of road trips this year so I elevated mine to allow for suitcases/backbacks to be below the bench, and kept it at the perfect level so my Aussies get enough of the AC. Added fatigue mat and foam bolstering to it because...well...I'd like to think my dogs would do the same for me.

B6A7ECED-762F-4891-85C4-0039B688B0E4_1_201_a.jpeg

382DD7FC-C7ED-4D40-9C53-F48E81558F17_1_201_a.jpeg

AA14DBDF-85F5-4F1E-B982-A3297F38C6C5_1_201_a.jpeg

54560553-85EF-4EE6-BD44-18FF94061F21_1_201_a.jpeg

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Glad I read this. Just filled out my request. Could have done it on the Mrs.'s cherokee lease too, but I was about a week late. Oh well. $250 for basically a survey is a fine deal.

Users who are viewing this thread