5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Klicht87

Reaction score
Man, I really like these flush tonneau covers. I wish I would have gotten one. :LOL:

Anyone want to trade? :cool:
They look nice but I had the Bakflip mx4 on my previous Chevy Colorado and it leaked quite a bit. It didn't bother me too much because I didn't keep anything in the bed but for close to $1000 I wasn't impressed.

Scr8pin

Reaction score
Gorgeous truck! Lowered trucks will always have a place in my heart. I wish I could throw that spoiler on my truck, but I don't think it would go well with the Rebel looks.
Thanks! Yeah I would totally throw it on a rebel, it’s actually part of the 4x4 package that air design sells, lol I was worried that it was going to look weird on my truck! Here’s a pic of it out in the open, the wing is really subtle but seems like it finishes off the rear end....

Attachments

• ECB36B06-CD47-472C-95E8-5DC7CFD1F308.jpeg
    ECB36B06-CD47-472C-95E8-5DC7CFD1F308.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 239

Seabass4592

Reaction score
Installed this storage tray under the backseats of my 2021 Ram Quad cab today. Nice that it buttons up my storage and doesn’t get in the way of passengers feet! Paid $145 from this link: https://www.etrailer.com/Car_Organizer/WeatherTech/WT63SV.html
deaf8b434f5f54953ae96e742675a2b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So...I know it's popular and lots have done it, but...I installed my Hellwig 7709 Sway Bar last night, and I must say, what a tremendous upgrade!

I bought it a few weeks ago but didn't make time to install it. Then, last weekend, I drove to Asheville, NC. If any of you have driven I-40 east into Asheville, then you know that there are miles and miles of narrow curves as it winds through the Pigeon River Gorge. Although I have the usual roundabouts and on ramps here in Indianapolis, that drive to and from Asheville reminded me of why I bought the Hellwig and gave me much regret for not installing it before the trip. When the Ram rolls as you turn through the curve, it gives you a sense that you're coming in way too hot and that you're going to lose control. Even under control, you're pressed against your seat bolsters and your horizon tilts considerably.

The Hellwig requires 15mm sockets to remove the frame brackets around the OEM bar, two screws per side. The end link bolts are tricky. They have to be held from rotating with an M8 socket while you're turning the nut with an 18mm wrench. Torque isn't high, so you don't need much leverage. Maybe at first, to break the nut, you might want to use a deep well socket. Hellwig supplies stainless steel socket head cap screws to replace the OEM hex head cap screws for the brackets. I'm guessing you could reuse what you have. I chose their SHCS option. They require 25-30 ft-lb of torque, use a proper tool if you have it.

Be sure to lubricate the rubber bushings before installation. They're split, so you pull them apart and over the bar. I imagine over time that you might want to go back and regrease periodically.

I chose the middle of the three holes at the end links. You can feel the reduced roll immediately, at any turn of the steering wheel. Parking lots, curves, intersections, roundabouts, on-ramps, lane changes -- EVERYWHERE! The cab and truck are much more stable. I'd say it's a 50-70% reduction in roll. You no longer feel pressed against the bolsters and you don't get that mild apprehension when you make a sudden change of direction. Planted and confident.

To me, this is the #1 FUNCTIONAL upgrade you can make, and it's a bargain under $275.
I did mine just a few minutes ago, got 7709 off Amazon for $264, no tax, free delivery, ordered on Monday. The installation took me 25 minutes total, from opening box to closing garage. Will drive tomorrow because my pool is calling, and I am not putting my sweaty butt in the Ram

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I did mine just a few minutes ago, got 7709 off Amazon for $264, no tax, free delivery, ordered on Monday. The installation took me 25 minutes total, from opening box to closing garage. Will drive tomorrow because my pool is calling, and I am not putting my sweaty butt in the Ram

Please send a liner. I’ve only found the $300 one.

Seabass4592

Reaction score
How does it stay put?

It has 1 strap and 2 strap openings on the middle of the back side that you can run around the mounts for the back seats. I bought a separate strap and used one for each side by strapping it down tightly. The bottom edge of the tray grabs the carpet really well also. With the 2 straps it is strapped pretty tight, especially with the things in the tray. Works well and nothing rolling around. I’ve had 3 people in the backseats also, no problem for their feet. They were all women though. Not that it matters, some women have feet as big as men! Works really well!

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Looks “OG”. I’m planning on going the same route, except I’m looking into commercial sized filter tanks that I will just rent and swap out. DI water is so much more efficient and drastically reduces swirls.

What pump did you go with?

It is, however if you ignore OG and talk to Krazle you will note that DI water through their machines is not recommended as it will drastically shorten their life. A separate DI rinse line is preferable.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah I would totally throw it on a rebel, it’s actually part of the 4x4 package that air design sells, lol I was worried that it was going to look weird on my truck! Here’s a pic of it out in the open, the wing is really subtle but seems like it finishes off the rear end....
Do you have tires on your rims? 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread