5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
Did you use T-taps? I feel a little better corrupting the wiring here since it is not exposed to weather like underneath the truck. I still prefer not touching OEM wiring at all...but...the functionality is excellent if going the same route as you.
Moisture resistant common line taps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-144019_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518-144019_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 71

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I heard folks in the MSRP thread saying they were getting what they paid 2-3 years ago when trading / selling, because of the used car / electronics crunch happening right now. You had a $4K deficit, still pretty great.

Did you ALWAYS get 22 mpg highway? My 2021 Laramie isn't doing that well yet, and I am currently being very conservative with the throttle.
Yep, most always averaged 20 or over. No mountains in our area and the only thing it ever hauled in the bed was, uhh, dust.
Course I don't accelerate hard and zip around in the left lane doing 80+, however as the pic showed, 72 mph (or 75) is normal.
The 3.21 gears make the big difference, well, no lift or bigger tires either.
My son bought the same year truck (drivetrain/trim) except for a 6'4" bed and he gets 17... go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Added the backflip revolver x4s today!
eeda07d7322f935a075bb15219de2f4a.jpg

a80e16c31fd97fe136b3114352619962.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambro1776

Reaction score
Few updates this weekend!
Hard wired my Uniden R3. Hands down best radar detector I’ve ever used. View attachment 93711
Got the hard wire kit that included a remote Mute button and alert LED.

Also note the new location for the JMS pedal max controller. There’s a little slit in the stearing column boot that I was able to slide them both through. Will probably add some split loom to the Uniden controller to clean up those wires
View attachment 93712

last addition was the door sill protectors. Seen a lot of you guys add them and they are GREAT! Easy to put on and have a great quality feel to them. Fiancé said she thought they would look like s***. Once I finished them up she wants the same on her Tacoma. Go figure.
View attachment 93713 View attachment 93714

ordered my BakFlip MX4. Should be installing that this weekend.

Can you see the door sill protector when the door is shut?

Rambro1776

Reaction score
I took my truck glamping this weekend. Normally, I like pretty minimalist backpacking, but it was easier to convince my wife to come along this way.

Also did some mild off roading, including driving through a puddle bumper high. I thought it was fun. My wife didn’t enjoy it so much.

Why bed rack did you go with? Bed cover work with it?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grabbed a photo of “The Interceptor” with my dad’s brand new ride after 7 years, a new 2021 Genesis G80 (Prestige AWD 2.5T). The dealer experience was the worst ever and Genesis in the US is horrendous, but the car is nice enough; he’s always wanted one. Only one in the area, a lot of people think they’re ugly and no one buys them 😂. The customer experience is probably why.

The Garage:

FC9CC7CC-6ECD-4DA1-B0EC-453B1AD60B67.jpeg

His Ride:

0C5C93B0-1F99-48BC-AE00-B52791A33EA7.jpeg

Key Fob Comparison (Has Remote Parking [Back and Forth Smart Park] Feature):

74344A5C-319C-45BE-A088-B07700FFDEFD.jpeg

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
The Genesis looks like a sweet ride to me. I would like the 3.5 with the extra 75 ponies but then again, I'm not making the payment. :D

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why bed rack did you go with? Bed cover work with it?

I’m using a Front Runner rack with a Retrax Pro XR cover. The rack comes with t-bolts that slide into the XR’s t-slots, and legs that attach via these bolts.

Shameless plug: I’m selling the cover and a different rack (Yakima Overhaul HD, which also works with the XR). Selling the cover because I’m moving from the 5’7” bed to a 6’4” bed. I plan on getting another Retrax Pro XR cover for the new truck.

Idaho970

Reaction score
Can you see the door sill protector when the door is shut?

Not at all!

What I did was close the door, put a piece of painters tape on the door sill so the top edge was just behind the bottom of the door, and then used that as a guide for how high up to place them. Super easy.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Genesis looks like a sweet ride to me. I would like the 3.5 with the extra 75 ponies but then again, I'm not making the payment. :D
Thanks! We test drove it, the 3.5T had more noticeable lag, and was a lil more heavy. He didn’t think it was worth the extra $7-8k for something he couldn’t really tell the difference on. To each their own I guess.

brdima

Reaction score
Hard wired my Uniden R3. Hands down best radar detector I’ve ever used. View attachment 93711

Also note the new location for the JMS pedal max controller. There’s a little slit in the stearing column boot that I was able to slide them both through. Will probably add some split loom to the Uniden controller to clean up those wires
View attachment 93712

last addition was the door sill protectors. Seen a lot of you guys add them and they are GREAT! Easy to put on and have a great quality feel to them. Fiancé said she thought they would look like s***. Once I finished them up she wants the same on her Tacoma. Go figure.

where did you order these door sill stickers?

vincentw56

Reaction score
where did you order these door sill stickers?
Amazon of course:

Idaho970

Reaction score

View attachment 93712

I should have included links for the above items initially.

Door Sill Protectors :Door Sill Protector
Radar Mount: Radar Mount
Radar Hard Wire Kit: Radar Hard Wire Kit
JMS PedalMax: JMS PedalMax

Users who are viewing this thread