5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Discraftpro

Reaction score
Exact size and manufac. I’m looking at. Thanks for posting! Any rubbing fwd/back? Do you have stock air sus? Good in all 5 settings?
There is definitely a little rubbing a t full lock in reverse coming from the passenger side. I will be identifying exactly where that is coming from as soon as the rain stops. It happens in Aero and Normal mode.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is definitely a little rubbing a t full lock in reverse coming from the passenger side. I will be identifying exactly where that is coming from as soon as the rain stops. It happens in Aero and Normal mode.
I’ll be interested in what you need to trim, but have heard this exact setup does not need much. I’d be interested in pix when weather is better! Thanks!! Those equate to 33’s, correct?

U

User_63152

Took my Ram back to the tire place to have the front passenger wheel re-balanced. I posted 2 days ago that the sticky weight fell off in my driveway. Anyway, they get done with the balance, I am going out to my truck to leave, and I happen to glance down at the wheel and low and behold...

20210520_140144.jpg

They gouged my freakin' wheel! Believe me, I looks worse in person. I can't win for losing. Very upset right now.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my Ram back to the tire place to have the front passenger wheel re-balanced. I posted 2 days ago that the sticky weight fell off in my driveway. Anyway, they get done with the balance, I am going out to my truck to leave, and I happen to glance down at the wheel and low and behold...

View attachment 94046

They gouged my freakin' wheel! Believe me, I looks worse in person. I can't win for losing. Very upset right now.
Dang thats like an entire chunk that flaked off!

U

User_63152

No tire / wheel warr? Would be covered.
I initially bought new tires (Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus) through this place (I have done business there for years), I had them mounted and balanced on my factory wheels. Then I decided a while later to get new wheels. I bought the wheels through CARiD / Wheel Pros. I took the wheels down to my tire shop (Monday, the 17th). They took the Pirelli's off the stock wheels and put them on the new wheels. A sticky weight fell off the front passenger wheel in my driveway, not 3-4 hours later. I went back to the shop the next day (18th), but, had to make an appointment to have that wheel rebalanced. I go back today (2 days later) and have them rebalance that wheel. I even took the wheel cap off at home, so they wouldn't have to worry about it. Just balance the freakin' wheel.

They rebalance the wheel, I walk out, I look down, I see the gouge...

I told the manager, who I know very well, by the way. He saw my wheel and asked what I wanted to do about it. He says, "We can put some touch up paint on there". I'm like, "Touch up paint isn't going to fix that gouge". He kind of shrugged his shoulders. Then, I said "I am gonna go home right now and think about what I want to do".

Of course, what can I do, really?

So, as far as a warranty, through this tire place, there is none.

Needless to say, I will not be going back to this place again, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idaho970

Reaction score
I initially bought new tires (Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus) through this place (I have done business there for years), I had them mounted and balanced on my factory wheels. Then I decided a while later to get new wheels. I bought the wheels through CARiD / Wheel Pros. I took the wheels down to my tire shop (Monday, the 17th). They took the Pirelli's off the stock wheels and put them on the new wheels. A sticky weight fell off the front passenger wheel in my driveway, not 3-4 hours later. I went back to the shop the next day (18th), but, had to make an appointment to have that wheel rebalanced. I go back today (2 days later) and have them rebalance that wheel. I even took the wheel cap off at home, so they wouldn't have to worry about it. Just balance the freakin' wheel.

They rebalance the wheel, I walk out, I look down, I see the gouge...

I told the manager, who I know very well, by the way. He saw my wheel and asked what I wanted to do about it. He says, "We can put some touch up paint on there". I'm like, "Touch up paint isn't going to fixed that gouge". He kind of shrugged his shoulders. Then, I said "I am gonna go home right now and think about what I want to do".

Of course, what can I do, really?

So, as far as a warranty, through this tire place, there is none.

Needless to say, I will not be going back to this place again, ever.
I would look at your paperwork from the shop (assuming they gave you some) to see what their release of liability is.

Depending on how well you know this guy/how much it matters to you, there's always small claims court. Even the threat of small claims court is usually enough to get the proper resolution. Could also call CARiD/Wheel Pros to see if they have a manufacturer warranty on the wheels. If they do it could POTENTIALLY be considered a manufacturer defect and could replace it through the limited manufacture warranty as they are so new.

Just my 2 cents/

YELOSUB

Reaction score
Here is a shot of both the red caliper covers and red front tow hooks in the same picture...

Attachments

• FC8A50B2-0F7A-4B97-87AA-6A415E298D35.jpeg
    FC8A50B2-0F7A-4B97-87AA-6A415E298D35.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 141
U

User_63152

I would look at your paperwork from the shop (assuming they gave you some) to see what their release of liability is.

Depending on how well you know this guy/how much it matters to you, there's always small claims court. Even the threat of small claims court is usually enough to get the proper resolution. Could also call CARiD/Wheel Pros to see if they have a manufacturer warranty on the wheels. If they do it could POTENTIALLY be considered a manufacturer defect and could replace it through the limited manufacture warranty as they are so new.

Just my 2 cents/
Yeah, I appreciate your input. I sent CARiD an email. We'll see what they say. I will go back to the tire place tomorrow and talk to the manager.

U

User_63152

Got an AVS Aeroskin II Hood Protector. I like the textured flat black.

Picture 2, I had to protect my neighbor's identity. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 20210520_181725.jpg
    20210520_181725.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 20210520_181737.jpg
    20210520_181737.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 212

GeePee77

Reaction score
This came in over the weekend... However, my first turd nugget decided to come into the world a week early. I'll have to install somewhere in between feedings and diaper changes.

D9E34791-DF5B-4984-AB6A-E72729A04396.jpeg

I purchased this luckily after a member pointed out the rising prices. Got mine for $269.30 at AutomotiveStuff.com for $269.30 TOTAL (no tax) w/ Free Shipping!

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This came in over the weekend... However, my first turd nugget decided to come into the world a week early. I'll have to install somewhere in between feedings and diaper changes.

View attachment 94090

I purchased this luckily after a member pointed out the rising prices. Got mine for $269.30 at AutomotiveStuff.com for $269.30 TOTAL (no tax) w/ Free Shipping!
Congrats on the turd nugget!

Users who are viewing this thread