5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
What did I do to my truck??

My truck came in today!
All the parts I ordered for it came in too. Chrome tow hooks, window deflectors, bed mat and all weather mats. They offered to install them so I bit.
So what did I do? Detailed my '10 I sold to my sons GF's son. Damn she still looks good. Does that count? View attachment 93742
That truck looks like it was taken care off. Hopefully your new truck will look like this one does in ten years.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I hit 10k miles on the truck. Then a day later my check engine light came on after I tried to remote start it. A few hours later, leaving work I get in the truck start it up and no check engine light. Odd...
49daa92b8000c327a64a9bd210cf02dd.jpg

2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7 Hemi

U

User_63152

I hit 10k miles on the truck. Then a day later my check engine light came on after I tried to remote start it. A few hours later, leaving work I get in the truck start it up and no check engine light. Odd...
49daa92b8000c327a64a9bd210cf02dd.jpg

2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7 Hemi
It's haunted! 👻

Duran

Reaction score
I got some cheap 4" LED lights off amazon, nilight is the brand. They come with brackets for the lights. To attach them to the truck I followed another member on here and used 3" exhaust clamps around the hitch tube. I left one side of the exhaust clamp threaded stud long so I could slide the light bracket on that. To wire it I used the Curt 56584 adapter with the 5 pin flat. The 5 pin connector has a blue wire that is the reverse light wire on 7 pin trailer plug. I then cut and sealed the 3 wires I didn't need from the 5 pin and wired the positive wire from the lights to the blue wire and the negative from the lights to the white wire on the 5 pin. This way when I shift into reverse it triggers the lights to turn on. I didn't have to splice into any factory wires and still have full use of my factory 7 & 4 pin trailer plugs.
Thanks dude . Imma look forward to working on mine when im able to catch a breath

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll bite, did you make money on the sale and what did you get to replace it?

2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7 Hemi
Paid $59.8K to purchase (without TTL) in April 2019. Received $55,035 after 25 months and 13,700 miles. It was not a highly optioned Limited (no level 1) but it was squeaky clean and showed well.

She hasn’t decided what to replace it with, our son is getting deployed and is letting us use his 14’ Jeep for the next year, so no pressure to buy, (which is good cause to buy “high” wouldn’t be smart).

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Where was it located
It was zip tied under the left side of the dash. They had a connector in to the stock OBD. What got me suspicious were comments from a service tech about only a factory OBD port should be mounted to the OBD mounting location. He also said that "customer has an aftermarket OBD adapter." So I got down and started tracing wires and found the GPS tracker zip tied up under the dash and the "aftermarket" OBD was actually the long wire that ran directly to the tracker.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why would they do this and how is it legal. I’ve read it in other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They forgot to remove it. It's there in case someone steals it off the lot.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

WReckeR

Reaction score
I attached them just under the rail on the bed liner. An audio installer once told me to clean the area your going to attach it to with alcohol and then hit it with a heat gun or hairdryer just enough to warm up the glue. It's worked like a charm for my last 3 trucks. Works great with decals on dirt bike too.

Remove the 2 screws from the bed light. Gently pull the lighting housing out. In the protective sleeve there only 2 wires, red and black. Connect to the red and black lines from your kit. Waterproof your connections, drop the line down the stock lighting housing hole, push the housing back in, re-install your 2 screws. All done.
Did you use T-taps? I feel a little better corrupting the wiring here since it is not exposed to weather like underneath the truck. I still prefer not touching OEM wiring at all...but...the functionality is excellent if going the same route as you.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Uhh, I sold it today, that's what I did to it...
:confused:
I heard folks in the MSRP thread saying they were getting what they paid 2-3 years ago when trading / selling, because of the used car / electronics crunch happening right now. You had a $4K deficit, still pretty great.

Did you ALWAYS get 22 mpg highway? My 2021 Laramie isn't doing that well yet, and I am currently being very conservative with the throttle.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I heard folks in the MSRP thread saying they were getting what they paid 2-3 years ago when trading / selling, because of the used car / electronics crunch happening right now. You had a $4K deficit, still pretty great.

Did you ALWAYS get 22 mpg highway? My 2021 Laramie isn't doing that well yet, and I am currently being very conservative with the throttle.

I think there’s been a few people in the mpg forum that have exceeded or met those numbers. Before I put the larger tires on I was averaging 16 mpg. Even with babying. Now I’m at like 13 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanoUF

Reaction score
Rebel_inset.jpg
One of the weird things w/ the Rebel is that the glove box badge has black lettering, but cluster badge has red lettering. It appears to be this way whether you have the red or black interior. I did the inset reflective red decals from reflective concepts to fix this. I put them all on and it looks good, but it also looks pretty good w/ just the R, and the rest of the letters staying black.

theeuroguy

Reaction score
Amazon, kinda blew my mind a little.... Another forum user originally posted the link so I can't take full credit. It can be done for less money, but this was the easy way. It's all funny money now anyways

Thanks! Just ordered. Not that I don’t trust dealers to do it correctly, I just don’t trust them period!

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 93774
One of the weird things w/ the Rebel is that the glove box badge has black lettering, but cluster badge has red lettering. It appears to be this way whether you have the red or black interior. I did the inset reflective red decals from reflective concepts to fix this. I put them all on and it looks good, but it also looks pretty good w/ just the R, and the rest of the letters staying black.
You sound like a rebel! Inform the imperial fleet, I want this one eliminated! 🤪🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online