5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

dsd1212

Reaction score
I plastidipped my tailgate chrome because why not goof around with a brand new expensive truck and make the wife cringe.
That looks great. Did you replace the Ram Emblem on the tailgate or did it come with it? I am considering switching mine out for tha Matte Black one. What do you think? 7C563394-2944-4751-ABF4-66C173FF0333.jpeg

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
That looks great. Did you replace the Ram Emblem on the tailgate or did it come with it? I am considering switching mine out for tha Matte Black one. What do you think? View attachment 6826
You can buy the black one but I decided to put a few coats of plasti dip on it first to see if I liked it. I did also put two coats of glossifier on to protect it. The great thing about plasti dip is it's cheap, easy to apply and reversable. I personally like black and black out looks the best so I say do it! I would have gone total black again is so hard to keep clean that I decided to go dark grey this time.

I think I need to get some black carven exhaust tips now too, doh!

BEEF

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I went to the shop “knowing” that I wanted the magnaflow with resonator delete installed. The shop asked me if I’d like to hear both systems (flowmaster as well) before being welded in and of course I said yes. After hearing both I was absolutely blown away by the flowmaster 40. Here are some pics of the 1 out to two out conversion. And a clip for your listening pleasure. This not a cat back mid but simply a muffler replacement and resonator delete. What you desire want for sound is highly user depenedant so here is just another example for you to compare in your research.

Attachments

• 3FBF9DD2-8110-436B-A993-256B3F99C87D.jpeg
    3FBF9DD2-8110-436B-A993-256B3F99C87D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 309
  • CCAABC00-6511-4833-9325-5A64438CEB6F.jpeg
    CCAABC00-6511-4833-9325-5A64438CEB6F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
  • DA195934-F1EE-45EC-A163-1BE7AF5B7F81.jpeg
    DA195934-F1EE-45EC-A163-1BE7AF5B7F81.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 317
Last edited:

SlowArrow

Reaction score
Yesterday the Undercover Tonneau Cover was installed and today it got tinting - 35% on the front, rear, and back windows. There is a visible difference between the front and rear windows (as expected) but this was much more about an addition to reduce/block the solar energy rather than an appearance thing. Besides - in California they can be sticklers for front window tinting. The tonneau is just what I was looking for....matching color and great seal over the bed. It comes off very simply (two person lift - about 100 lbs) for those rare times when I need to haul something tall. IMG_0038.jpeg IMG_0039.jpeg IMG_0041.jpeg IMG_0042.jpeg IMG_0043.jpeg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Windshield and front windows tinted a couple days ago. Bed Rug and Retrax One XR installed today.
Curious, what made you go with BedRug and not something like Line X spray in ?? I'm up in the air what I want to do with mine. Never had anything but spray in liner stuff with my trucks. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

SlowArrow

Reaction score
Curious, what made you go with BedRug and not something like Line X spray in ?? I'm up in the air what I want to do with mine. Never had anything but spray in liner stuff with my trucks. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

I like the Bedrug a lot - this is the second one I’ve owned - for a couple of reasons. I like the fact that a Bedrug gives you a smooth flat padded surface to the bed. The surface is easy on your knees if you crawl around the bed, and very gentle on whatever you haul. While it is a nice finished look, the carpet material is very rugged, waterproof, and easily cleaned. If you haul a lot of gravel, engine blocks, sand.....maybe another surface is best. For a less industrial look, the BedRug is a great option.

RamMeToo

Reaction score
I like the Bedrug a lot - this is the second one I’ve owned - for a couple of reasons. I like the fact that a Bedrug gives you a smooth flat padded surface to the bed. The surface is easy on your knees if you crawl around the bed, and very gentle on whatever you haul. While it is a nice finished look, the carpet material is very rugged, waterproof, and easily cleaned. If you haul a lot of gravel, engine blocks, sand.....maybe another surface is best. For a less industrial look, the BedRug is a great option.

Exactly what he said. I actually have sprayed in liner from factory under my bedrug.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

Thank you! I just watched the installation video on RealTrucks regarding BedRug to get a better idea. I think for sure BedRug would be great for my use. Thanks for your replies and input.

RamMeToo

Reaction score
How does the remote tailgate release work with the retrax?
Works perfect. Retrax is nice as it adjusts forward/backward and left/right so you get a nice square fit and have it just close enough to tailgate to form a tight fit but still closes/opens well.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Pedal Commander I bought from @firecadet613 - it's awesome! If you are thinking about one I recommend waiting until you've had your truck about a month so you can enjoy it's newness and throttle feel. This is a new level of wow and makes you want to go driving all over again!

I don't see any way to use Sport+ mode unless I've got at least 500 lbs in the bed. It just spins the tires!

Remixznflow

Reaction score
Installed the Pedal Commander I bought from @firecadet613 - it's awesome! If you are thinking about one I recommend waiting until you've had your truck about a month so you can enjoy it's newness and throttle feel. This is a new level of wow and makes you want to go driving all over again!

I don't see any way to use Sport+ mode unless I've got at least 500 lbs in the bed. It just spins the tires!

Please keep us update on performance and MPG!!!

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plastidipped my tailgate chrome because why not goof around with a brand new expensive truck and make the wife cringe.

I was wondering what the blacked out emblems would look like on the Granite Crystal... thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread