5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

flffpm

Reaction score
Contrary to Blend Mount's website... it worked fine on my Big Horn mirror... Installed a Uniden R3 with a mirror tap, just had to add a foam spacer to get detector level. Also put the Mopar console vault in. And my son put an LED in rear light which is bright enough to not mess with vanity lights.

EDIT: I can see where they say it wont work, but I took out a link in the Blend Mount and added a piece of rigid foam on detector... looks a heck of a lot better than a plug in cord and a window mount wont fly in FL. Even before I got the Heat Shield reflectors my suction cup e-pass falls off on a regular basis.

Attachments

• IMG_5553.JPG
    IMG_5553.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 270
  • IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_5555.JPG
    IMG_5555.JPG
    980.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

flffpm

Reaction score
I really love my BedRug. I've had one in my Ridgeline years ago and loved that one to. I definitely think they are worth it. Provides a cushioned base for crawling around in the bed, hauling furniture or other items, plus hauling dirt, rocks, etc. won't hurt it.
Bit the bullet, ordered a Bed Rug.

Mohab

Reaction score
Tinted all around, the guy said he won't tint the pan sunroof it may explode!!!!!

flffpm

Reaction score
Several updates (not sure which I mentioned before):
  • Flowmaster muffler -- sounds great!
  • Tinted front windows
  • 3rd Brake light LEDs
  • Interior dome & map lights changed to LEDs (still shocked these were not already LED)
  • LineX Bedliner
  • Kobalt Toolbox
  • RAM Bed Extender (to hold groceries, they slide around to much in the back seat since there is no more transmission hump - LOL).
  • Debadged "RAM" off the doors
Still wanting some other changes, hope some parts get released after SEMA. Waiting on: 2" Lowering kit, 5" Exhaust Tips. And shopping around for some fender flares still not sure I want flat black or painted to match.

View attachment 7062 View attachment 7058 View attachment 7057 View attachment 7059 View attachment 7060 View attachment 7061
What did it take to put LED's in map lights? Do the little covers pop off or did you have to take whole console off? After seeing how bright rear light was, I told my son to hold off, plus I didn't to start prying on things, it was beer thirty.

MrPooch

Reaction score
What did it take to put LED's in map lights? Do the little covers pop off or did you have to take whole console off? After seeing how bright rear light was, I told my son to hold off, plus I didn't to start prying on things, it was beer thirty.

To be honest the covers were easy to pop off, but getting the stock bulbs out was a major PITA. I admit I have large fingers but the way they are offset/installed I am not sure if smaller fingers would even help. I did end up pulling the whole console down (it is very easy, 2 screws, 2 tabs in the sunglass compartment, then pull down to disengage the 2 tabs in the front) which may have been easier if I did it from the start to 'push' the bulbs out from the other side. Be careful though the holders are pretty cheaply made in my opinion, if you get to rough they could be easy to break.

Ranchram

Reaction score
Not sure what thread to ask this question on but I might try here. Does anyone know if the truck reads the speed limit signs or is it based on saved street maps? My old 2500 I think was based on maps whereas my bmw reads the signs. The reason for my question is that the depicted speed limit display is often wrong. Thus either the street maps in unconnect are out of date or the camera is reading the signs wrong. Thanks and if there is another thread on this issue that I missed my apologies.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t like the chrome “ram” badges in the door and 4x4 on the tAilgate with the silver truck. I removed them and installed Black ones. Small change, but an improvement none the less.

Attachments

• AFDB11B0-6EDE-4CE4-9730-35DCB73C02EC.jpeg
    AFDB11B0-6EDE-4CE4-9730-35DCB73C02EC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 188

John

Reaction score
I have a question, how the heck do you split the screen on the 12" unit??? I have looked thru the manual but can't find any instructions!

Thanks, John

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Results of approximately 20 hours of detailing. Washed, clayed, polished, IPA wipe, panel wipe, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, two coats of Gtechniq EXO v4, solution finish black plastic bed toppers, 303 other exterior plastic. That was a LOT of work! Now I won't have to wax, polish, or anything other than just hand wash for about 4-5 years. (Video best viewed in HD mode)

2018-10-28 13.56.26-2.jpg

2018-10-28 13.56.31-2.jpg

2018-10-28 13.56.37-2.jpg

2018-10-28 13.56.45-2.jpg

2018-10-28 13.56.52-2.jpg

2018-10-28 13.56.58-2.jpg

2018-10-28 13.57.09-2.jpg

2018-10-28 13.57.23-2.jpg

Youtube Video:

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Results of approximately 20 hours of detailing. Washed, clayed, polished, IPA wipe, panel wipe, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, two coats of Gtechniq EXO v4, solution finish black plastic bed toppers, 303 other exterior plastic. That was a LOT of work! Now I won't have to wax, polish, or anything other than just hand wash for about 4-5 years. (Video best viewed in HD mode)

View attachment 7114

View attachment 7115

View attachment 7116

View attachment 7117

View attachment 7118

View attachment 7119

View attachment 7120

View attachment 7121

Youtube Video:
Ok... I have a semi..

chino

Reaction score
got links? you 100% satisfied?

I am 100% satisfied, the front ones don’t have the tape which was weird to me but it holds in there with pressure, I have driven with the windows down at highway speeds and no issues with them. The rears do come with the tape. I don’t have a link, if you open up eBay and type “us visors 2019 ram” it should be the 1st ones that come up

John

Reaction score
Went to the car wash today and the "spinning" apparatus that washes the sides grabbed a hold of my side mirrors (power folding) (and was folded in) and pushed it past the operating position and toward the hood!! Seem to be ok but scared the s**t out of me!!

John

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to the car wash today and the "spinning" apparatus that washes the sides grabbed a hold of my side mirrors (power folding) (and was folded in) and pushed it past the operating position and toward the hood!! Seem to be ok but scared the s**t out of me!!

John
No problem, I fold mine backwards that way all the time, makes cleaning the window and the mirror easier.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks to the help of a forum member, I was finally able to order my full BedRug. :)

Users who are viewing this thread