5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Lucky you got it replaced. At 22000 miles mine has wrinkled to the point of cracking. Again Ram is saying this is normal wear and tear and will not replace under warranty. My dealership, S and L Motors in Pulaski WI has been unwilling to stand up and cover the defect. They just say Ram won’t cover so nothing we can do. I guess your dealer choice is important. Normal wear and tear in cracking leather seat after 2 years and 22000 miles? Perhaps so I you supply your vehicles with very inferior leather

This has been my biggest issue when I bought my ram. Previously had a Chevy and never had any issues and the local deal was awesome. With Ram. Everything has been a **** show and my local dealer is absolutely garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hearing about the leather makes me a bit nervous about having ordered from out-of-state. Not the dealer hasn’t been great during the ordering process, but that if I do run into an issue—be it leather or anything else—who will go to bat for me?

McFly.

Reaction score
How did you do that? Wher can I buy one? Looks great!

Here you go:

Changing the Push to Start Button

Pete M

Reaction score
Hearing about the leather makes me a bit nervous about having ordered from out-of-state. Not the dealer hasn’t been great during the ordering process, but that if I do run into an issue—be it leather or anything else—who will go to bat for me?
Perhaps you should cancel your order. Cut your losses while they are small. I was a huge proponent of the new 1500 when I first bought one. Still stayed a supporter through early recall issues but have become increasingly concerned about quality and FCA support. Keep reading posts and it will scare you. Lots of issues and little support from FCA standing behind the warranty. Makes me question my purchase decision and also wonder why I bought the extended warranty. If they don’t cover easy items under standard warranty I wonder how they will treat me under extended warranty.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps you should cancel your order. Cut your losses while they are small. I was a huge proponent of the new 1500 when I first bought one. Still stayed a supporter through early recall issues but have become increasingly concerned about quality and FCA support. Keep reading posts and it will scare you. Lots of issues and little support from FCA standing behind the warranty. Makes me question my purchase decision and also wonder why I bought the extended warranty. If they don’t cover easy items under standard warranty I wonder how they will treat me under extended warranty.
I’ll keep my order, but I understand the concern. My 2019 only has 20K miles, but it’s been problem free, and most likely, my 2021 will be as well. It’s the “what if” that causes me some concern, but not so much that I’m going to cancel.

These “what if” worries exist for any make, so if I didn’t buy a Ram, or didn’t buy now, it doesn’t mean I’d never have some worry.

JbVt

Reaction score
Just drove to work and back but it’s what was was waiting for me when I got home. Tires and Readylift UCAs. Add them to my pile and I’ve got some work to do soon! 😎

Attachments

• 3A858854-5DAF-4218-BAD6-1BB369D0FCFE.jpeg
    3A858854-5DAF-4218-BAD6-1BB369D0FCFE.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 131

TheMopars

Reaction score
Coopers are great tires. I’ve had a few sets.
Then I discovered Michelin LTX’s! I don’t think I’d go back now.
I was considering those too but when I found the Coopers for almost $400 less, even with the $150 off the Michelins at Costco, I decided to take a chance on the Coopers. If we ever got below 40-45 degree and more than the occasional
rain I might have stayed with the Michelins.

madmax2425

Reaction score
Put my new wheels/tires on this weekend. 4play 22 inch 4p08 on 33x12.5 Toyo Open Country ATlll. So far I’m happy with the purchase if anyone knows a good tire pressure to run these let me know please!
very nice looking truck i like those wheels.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You have to take the factory rubber cover off the brake pedal. The accelerator you just slip over the plastic pedal.
Ok I thought I had read this before! So I take off the factory rubber and put the new one on and it is a bit smaller than the factory pedal?

WReckeR

Reaction score
Friendly tip or reminder -- if you are thinking about getting the Hellwig 7709 Sway Bar...better buy now. Prices are going up! Walmart.com is the only vendor who still shows the price I recorded back in February, which is $269.30.

With the way things are going, the price on Amazon of $328.90, a 22% increase, will be normalized. Inflation and capitalism are in full swing with the stimulus checks and the Fed printing press that produced them.

U

User_63152

Friendly tip or reminder -- if you are thinking about getting the Hellwig 7709 Sway Bar...better buy now. Prices are going up! Walmart.com is the only vendor who still shows the price I recorded back in February, which is $269.30.

With the way things are going, the price on Amazon of $328.90, a 22% increase, will be normalized. Inflation and capitalism are in full swing with the stimulus checks and the Fed printing press that produced them.
Bought mine already. 👍

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thank god I got my 7883 for like $120 on a count of realtrucks mistake!

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score

Ok

Is that for the rear? Should I do both the rear and the front? I haven’t looked into this at all, but if it’s something I should jump on I will!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok

Is that for the rear? Should I do both the rear and the front? I haven’t looked into this at all, but if it’s something I should jump on I will!
I would just get it. The Hellwig quickly became one of my favorite mods when I added it. Well worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/