5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Tried to clean up my tires, but not having great luck. I want to stay away from tire shines as I can't get them to spread evenly on the Duratracs. I used a Meguiars tire/wheel cleaner, and I've also tried the Adams one but I can't get rid of the brown color!
Try chemical guys tire kicker. I love that stuff its the only one I use

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
got it today,
Since there where not many quad cabs to look at when i ordered, kind of disappointed the back seat storage bins that my 04 had under the back seats are no longer part of the truck
looks like weather tech has me covered though
View attachment 89011
i was pretty disappointed to see those floor bins not included on the quad cabs. I'd love to get one of these under seat storage things but the wife and I think we are gonna ride seats up with the dog in the back rather than have him falling off the seat all the time hahaha

Sin_loki

Reaction score
i was pretty disappointed to see those floor bins not included on the quad cabs. I'd love to get one of these under seat storage things but the wife and I think we are gonna ride seats up with the dog in the back rather than have him falling off the seat all the time hahaha
am putting in one of these in so his happy drolly *** can make a mess in that vs seats.

Am mildly lazy and want to keep all my straps and tie downs in the truck vs store them in the garage

Ram21

Reaction score
Tried to clean up my tires, but not having great luck. I want to stay away from tire shines as I can't get them to spread evenly on the Duratracs. I used a Meguiars tire/wheel cleaner, and I've also tried the Adams one but I can't get rid of the brown color!
Hydro Silex works pretty well, doesn't sling and isnt overly shiny,and it'll last a while. If you have knobby tires it can be a pain to apply but like I said you're not applying it every wash. I used it on my Jeep with the KO2's and held up really well, as well as my Limited Ram smoother tires.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hydro Silex works pretty well, doesn't sling and isnt overly shiny,and it'll last a while. If you have knobby tires it can be a pain to apply but like I said you're not applying it every wash. I used it on my Jeep with the KO2's and held up really well, as well as my Limited Ram smoother tires.
I second HydroSilex...that is what I use as well and very happy (does not turn brown).

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put on the Screenprotector that a lot of guys recommended from Amazon, very easy to put on and tough. Started late lastnight my front Fire lightbar install across the front windshield and finished it up this morning. Just waiting on a remote harness so it doesn't use the 12v outlet on the dash, runs right from the battery and controlled by a keyfob.

I haven't posted a picture yet since the windows got tinted on Friday because it has been raining and I haven't had a chance to detail the truck but hope to later this week. As for now, all mods are completed.

BigBear1612

Reaction score
got it today,
Since there where not many quad cabs to look at when i ordered, kind of disappointed the back seat storage bins that my 04 had under the back seats are no longer part of the truck
got it today,
View attachment 89011
Do you have the Ram floor bins? I am looking at these but with some of the other brands they sit on top of the all weather matts. so you have to lift them up to get to the in floor storage bins.

Kyles

Reaction score
Try an All purpose cleaner or i like p&s brake buster👍🏻

ReLLIK75

Reaction score

Sin_loki

Reaction score
Do you have the Ram floor bins? I am looking at these but with some of the other brands they sit on top of the all weather matts. so you have to lift them up to get to the in floor storage bins.
i don't think quad cabs have floor bins as an option, that's a crew cab only thing

Ram Runner

Reaction score
"installed" some Texas distinction. Magnets aren't very strong though.

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_151923268.jpg
    IMG_20210411_151923268.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20210411_151859440.jpg
    IMG_20210411_151859440.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 160

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding on the windshield tint is that it only covers the upper portion of the windshield. This is where normal factory-tint is applied in many windshields. (Ceramic tint will reduce the heat coming through that zone.) Each state has different laws about how far down the windshield such tint can be applied. It is NOT applied from the dashboard up to the sun visors.

As I understand it.

No, I'm NOT a tint expert...but I -did- stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)
You can tint the full windshield, just not "legal". If you go with light enough tint, most cops wouldn't even realize. I have 35% on my whole windshield. It's noticeable, but so far haven't had any issues.

As for doing just the top portion of windshield down to legal ASI line, I can't stand the look. Looks like they forgot to do the whole thing, and after riding in a Ram a couple weeks ago with the visor tint strip, it would annoy the hell out of me while driving. Maybe if it was a gradual transition from clear to dark it wouldn't be so bad, like the factory one was in older cars, but the sharp edge is just too much and I felt myself wanting to duck down to see under it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have used 303 tire and wheel cleaner followed up with 303. It leaves a matte clean look similar to a new tire.
An explanation for the browning:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can tint the full windshield, just not "legal". If you go with light enough tint, most cops wouldn't even realize. I have 35% on my whole windshield. It's noticeable, but so far haven't had any issues.

As for doing just the top portion of windshield down to legal ASI line, I can't stand the look. Looks like they forgot to do the whole thing, and after riding in a Ram a couple weeks ago with the visor tint strip, it would annoy the hell out of me while driving. Maybe if it was a gradual transition from clear to dark it wouldn't be so bad, like the factory one was in older cars, but the sharp edge is just too much and I felt myself wanting to duck down to see under it.
You can use a clear front windshield tint that is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online