5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

U

User_63152

Tried to clean up my tires, but not having great luck. I want to stay away from tire shines as I can't get them to spread evenly on the Duratracs. I used a Meguiars tire/wheel cleaner, and I've also tried the Adams one but I can't get rid of the brown color!
You know, I found that if you don't use tire shine products, your tires stay cleaner and/or are easier to clean. I had never put shine on JGC's DuraTracs. Just used a scrub brush, cleaned up just fine. Just my experience, by the way. I'm sure others may vary.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Super easy...pull out some plastic clips, place into position and install the replacement clips...DONE!
I also stuck the little "bump ons" to the inside of the deflector and not to the hood. Had to just barely fine tune the hood bump stops to make it completely even/level with the fenders as well... but unsure if because of the deflector install or prior hood removal/replacement.

Last edited:

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

JbVt

Reaction score
So, it's not too bad installing this? I almost ordered one with the vent shades.
Super easy. Hold it up to see which 6 fasteners to pull out. Pull them out(they will break) just be careful and don’t mess up the rubber hood seal. Put the shield back up between the hood and the seal and install the fasteners that come with the shield. 5 minute job. I also put the little bumpers on the backside of the shield and not to my hood.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know, I found that if you don't use tire shine products, your tires stay cleaner and/or are easier to clean. I had never put shine on JGC's DuraTracs. Just used a scrub brush, cleaned up just fine. Just my experience, by the way. I'm sure others may vary.

That's what I usually do, but I put tire shine on a handful of times and now I regret. It was mainly after I got the new wheels and had the tires flipped to hide the white letters. I used tire shine because I couldn't get them clean since they hadn't ever been scrubbed.

Smashius

Reaction score
Tried to clean up my tires, but not having great luck. I want to stay away from tire shines as I can't get them to spread evenly on the Duratracs. I used a Meguiars tire/wheel cleaner, and I've also tried the Adams one but I can't get rid of the brown color!

I like this:

That's what I used in my pic above...not really a shine, just basically a new tire look.

puba08

Reaction score
Hauled some mulch and topsoil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
The only tire shine I will use is an aerosol that is made by Armor All, I believe. I havent seen it in stores near me for years though. If you find a similar product, they're are super easy to use and aren't gel thats gonna sling all over your doors.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
P&S Brake Buster in an IK foamer is what I use to clean my wheels and tires. Usually takes two applications to clean the brown off with a tire brush. 303 is the only thing I use for tire shine, it's water based and has UV protection built in.

Users who are viewing this thread