5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out the Carven Exhaust. I don't have it but recently came upon it and the video clips of it sound pretty darn good.
I have it and love it. I have the full cat back. It is great.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
well thanks to this forum and the last 70 pages i have went through since i am new here, i now realize i want a different exhaust... really don't know how the wife is gonna take that after buying a brand new truck, and dropping another $1500 on it already in the first week... leaning towards a borla s, but will do more research, not in any big hurry so have some time to think about it.
Get a Carven R muffler & delete the resonators. I paid $95 for the muffler and I think $105 for install, so $200 total and it’s the best sounding truck I’ve heard! Getting a full catback is such a waste of money in my opinion. The muffler & res delete will sound almost identical!

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Order some matte black "Off-road" stickers for my truck to replace the silver ones that I took off a while back.

Would be interested in seeing those on a black Ram when you’re done!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered custom Katzkins leather today😁 should be a couple weeks before I get them and then who knows when I’ll have the time to install them lol but I’m going to install them myself. I got the door panels in black suede to match the suede bolsters on the seat as well.

Attachments

• 589AB292-03AE-47D7-ABAE-81CF9FBEB7EA.jpeg
    589AB292-03AE-47D7-ABAE-81CF9FBEB7EA.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 123

21_Tank

Reaction score
My tailgate badges peeled right off leaving just a little residue some adhesive remover and a microfiber wiped right off. Had I tried to use fishing line from the start would have made a bigger mess. But that was done day three of ownership, and I got it right out of railyard, so badges may have been physically in the truck for less than two weeks.
My truck was built the week of 2/24 and I picked it up on 3/22 So my trucks badges weren't on there long either
My tailgate badges peeled right off leaving just a little residue some adhesive remover and a microfiber wiped right off. Had I tried to use fishing line from the start would have made a bigger mess. But that was done day three of ownership, and I got it right out of railyard, so badges may have been physically in the truck for less than two weeks.
My truck was built the week of 2/24, I picked it up as soon as it arrived at the dealership on 3/22. The fishing line is so thin, it just cleanly separates the the plastic badging from the adhesive. Once off, the adhesive just peels off like rubber cement. I used the plastic razor blade to start the edge of the adhesive. I've done it this way to the last 5 of my new vehicles, it's very simple. No heat gun needed. But that's just my tried and true method, I'm sure others have their own.

minmar10

Reaction score
Witch JL 12's are you running? I really like the way that box looks over the one I have. Do you know the volume of the box by chance?

yeah they are really sharp looking. Internal volume is 1.5cu foot. I am running the JL Audio 12’s 12TW3’s Thin High performance.

Quint

Reaction score
Not sure when this happened, but getting fixed today...
No bubbles when drenched with soapy water, and dash not showing any pressure loss yet
That sucks to have a screw in there.

Each time that I rotate in the spring and fall, I do a nail and screw check. Sometimes these things can form a pretty good seal and you wouldn't even know that it's there.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be interested in seeing those on a black Ram when you’re done!
Wish I had a black ram to show ya, but I’ll post pictures of them on my granite paint so you can get an idea.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did/do you find the volume doesnt change at all after 25? Mine doesnt seem to get any louder. My truck or a ram thing?

want to upgrade to new 6x9 and amp too.
Ram thing. If anything, they become less clear above 25. I do believe an amp fixes that issue, but only the guys have installed one can tell you for sure

beanz690

Reaction score
I added running boards to my Laramie from a brand called keko.

Attachments

• 57E0DEC9-66FC-4EE8-94C3-7C5B53AF11A4.jpeg
    57E0DEC9-66FC-4EE8-94C3-7C5B53AF11A4.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 130
  • E5FB2011-FD82-4FED-B7CA-6FCEC760D2B9.jpeg
    E5FB2011-FD82-4FED-B7CA-6FCEC760D2B9.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 3186B88A-C9D6-4086-BB9C-9FE1A1ACDFF5.jpeg
    3186B88A-C9D6-4086-BB9C-9FE1A1ACDFF5.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 129

sppb32

Reaction score
well thanks to this forum and the last 70 pages i have went through since i am new here, i now realize i want a different exhaust... really don't know how the wife is gonna take that after buying a brand new truck, and dropping another $1500 on it already in the first week... leaning towards a borla s, but will do more research, not in any big hurry so have some time to think about it.
Can't go wrong with the S type, I had 4 different mufflers on mine and none come close to the CLEAN sound of the Borla S Type, it's worth every penny

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered custom Katzkins leather today😁 should be a couple weeks before I get them and then who knows when I’ll have the time to install them lol but I’m going to install them myself. I got the door panels in black suede to match the suede bolsters on the seat as well.
Those look great!

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Discovered the bed liner people left some plastic between the cab and bed.

Got it removed, and then discovered the rubber strip between the base of the bed and cab was flipped up in several places. Since it's never a good thing to collect water and debris, I flipped it down. Luckily it was the passenger side, so I could reach it from below. Had it been over the tank, I would have just ignored it.
Gotta say the underside of these trucks is 10# of stuff packed in a 5# sack!

GrayRam20

Reaction score
I used a amp pro sub because I only wanted to amplify my subwoofers not the whole system.

Is it only my truck that the volume sucks over 25? like 25-38 there is no difference in volume at all. and it isnt loud.

looking to upgrade all doors to 6x9 and then do a sub box. But i did hte 6x9 all doors in a n old suv and it sounded great without subs even, using alpine type s components off a alpine single din pushing 45watts from the reciver.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Ram thing. If anything, they become less clear above 25. I do believe an amp fixes that issue, but only the guys have installed one can tell you for sure
Thank for making sure im not nuts. was hoping maybe just new speakers would fix it....handle more draw and clearer. but time to save up and do the damn thing haha thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread