5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

GrayRam20

Reaction score
This weekend I upgraded all my speakers. Kicker components upfront and Kicker 6x9's in the back. 2 JL Audio 12WV3's and a Soundstream 5 channel amp. Crazy loud now.
Did you do the install? How easy was it to keep the factory look/functions? Im looking to do the audio next in my truck, but would love to keep it stock look and all functions as is

Vettnman

Reaction score
Added a borla pro xs muffler to give it a little tone. Very pleased with the sound so far. Not obnoxious loud at all. Now to start looking some new tires. Not very pleased with the mileage on these Bridgestone duelers 23k

PoppaPig78

Reaction score
What rubber foam trim did you use? I have the sport rack and I hate the gap.
Lots of options, I went with this one. Stuck well, durability TBD:

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Flowmaster flowfx went on today. Wanted something mellow as to not upset the wife. Getting old so any louder would be too much but it’s nice to hear the hemi come alive when you want it too.
Now let’s see if she notices on her next ride 😬🙏🏼

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flowmaster flowfx went on today. Wanted something mellow as to not upset the wife. Getting old so any louder would be too much but it’s nice to hear the hemi come alive when you want it too.
Now let’s see if she notices on her next ride 😬🙏🏼
Any droning? I am still going back and forth on a muffler swap. I just want a low rumble. Nothing like a Borla Attack that will wake up my entire neighborhood.

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Any droning? I am still going back and forth on a muffler swap. I just want a low rumble. Nothing like a Borla Attack that will wake up my entire neighborhood.
No drone, cruised at 55 for about 10 minutes. I can hear when it kicks to mds but honestly the stock made a louder sound when it kicked to mds believe it or not. Definitely louder when sitting at a light and upon take off but once up to speed it is quiet. Only got on it a couple of times and it will howl if you want it to.

Hope that helps. For what it’s worth I did tons of research to make sure I got something with a bit more rumble but nothing aggressive or obnoxious and this achieves that.

Jeeper

Reaction score
I just had the Solo Performance MR300 muffler delete cut and clamp kit installed. Absolutely love it....zero drone...barely hear on highway...nice growl when stompped on.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
Today i removed the winch Cable of my new winch & installed Quadratec 3/8” x 90’ Dyneema synthetic rope. Gonna use Swarfworks hidden winch mount, on Warn Zeon platinum 10000# , has full remote clutch & winch control.

Attachments

• D74AABC3-3BFF-4C49-9CBF-A69F4F3C7C7D.jpeg
    D74AABC3-3BFF-4C49-9CBF-A69F4F3C7C7D.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 199
  • 3DA96A69-E69A-4506-ADC4-E6597A189825.jpeg
    3DA96A69-E69A-4506-ADC4-E6597A189825.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 200

Jeeper

Reaction score
Today i removed the winch Cable of my new winch & installed Quadratec 3/8” x 90’ Dyneema synthetic rope. Gonna use Swarfworks hidden winch mount, on Warn Zeon platinum 10000# , has full remote clutch & winch control.
great winch...I have the same one on my Jeep and has worked flawlessly

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Solosnavy

Reaction score
No drone, cruised at 55 for about 10 minutes. I can hear when it kicks to mds but honestly the stock made a louder sound when it kicked to mds believe it or not. Definitely louder when sitting at a light and upon take off but once up to speed it is quiet. Only got on it a couple of times and it will howl if you want it to.

Hope that helps. For what it’s worth I did tons of research to make sure I got something with a bit more rumble but nothing aggressive or obnoxious and this achieves that.
do you mind putting up the Part number. Thanks in advance!

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Wow under 50 Bucks. its cheap enough to warrant a try. thanks again
Yes big change for a little price, and it’s all stainless. For what it’s worth I had it installed at best exhaust shop in town, it was done in under 45 minutes. All he had to do was add 7in of stainless pipe and welded hanger and done. Cost me $100 for install. So $150 total was worth every penny. Let me know if you pull the trigger!

Users who are viewing this thread