5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced the tailgate badge with another that actually sticks to the paint. Previous one was easily peeled off without heating. Also touched up some scratches on the tailgate. Compounded , polish, reapplied Adam’s graphene ceramic. Last thing... pulled the diode dynamics bulbs out of the third brake light.. time to save for the oem led light.

Mohab

Reaction score
A lot of trucks have had issues with lack luster AC temps. A TSB has been released to address this that includes removing your entire dash. 2021's and up have had the problem addressed apparently.
I did traded my 19 limited for 21 longhorn. Much better

Mohab

Reaction score
Had XPEL applied to the front bumper, grille surround, headlights, under headlights, applique and back of sideview mirrors. About $1100, before tax.

It's absolutely maddening how many paint blemishes the front of this truck has suffered, on non-sanded/salted Florida roads, in 1700 short miles.

This factory clear coat is about as durable as paper underwear.
Where in Florida ? Which xpel dealer you used ?

Mohab

Reaction score
Anyone here vinyl wrap longhorn grill a color matching vinyl ?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am in Tampa, where in north FL are you ? How much your dealer charges ?
I am in JAX. Actually headed to Tampa on business next Tuesday. If you tell me exactly what you want done, I'll get you a quote and see if he'll cut you a break since we're friends ;)

davidn0021

Reaction score
You Floridians with your cheap labor costs! I paid more than double that $1700 here in SoCal.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I wrote in the listing, "Used a total of 10 minutes. Married it and played with it for a few minutes. Determined it really has no value for me."

The only function that is appealing to me is the ability to input into the Nav while in motion. But that's not motivation enough to keep it.
They list pretty much all the functions in the website, so you should have known before you ordered that it didn't offer you anything you wanted.

richierobs

Reaction score
I made a bike mount set up using Delta Bike Hitch fork mounts, a 2x4, and lots of gorilla tape. The parking garage has low ceilings and narrow entrance ramps, so I needed a solution where the bike did not stick out above or from the sides of the truck. I used some threaded 8mm u-bolts to attach the 2x4 to existing hooks in the flat bed, then bolted the fork mounts to the 2x4. The lower part of the fork mount accepts road bike forks, and the upper part clamps onto it to accept the 15x110mm thru-axle of my mountain bike. One solution for both bikes. Feels very solid. Road test coming soon.

71d22c45dd422bc02e62998d0f459967.jpg

34359db996bad80e00005bef7ccad1c8.jpg

acbd7338472c5c6b4ad669331d9a0230.jpg

9634a49577271997fd43dbeb708929e1.jpg

090028ec72db1fac1ac1c22ba46cee91.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed my new Tazer DT. Very pleased, now have a number of functions that I wish the truck had come with. Current faves are: Mirrors close/open with ignition off/on, Signal bulbs now function as DRLs, Front windows down/up with fob. Also enabled me to input my new tire size, and update tail/brake lights to LED

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! My only concern is that Amazon says they do not fit my vehicle. I saw a later reply that says all 1500 lugs are the same, so I am going to give it a shot. Worse case I use Prime so free returns!
Yep...Amazon does say that and it is an error. I, along wit many others, are living proof they fit perfectly and look great!

Users who are viewing this thread