5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just a side note for groceries. I have $15 cargo dividing bar from Harbor Freight which secures two containers against the tailgate -> perfect set up for the groceries etc shopping especially when combined with tonneau cover View attachment 80407 View attachment 80408
Or you could buy two $15 stackable storage bins from Home Depot to go with your cargo bar.

Attachments

• PXL_20201004_001457950.jpg
    PXL_20201004_001457950.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 220

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
3/4" bora hubcentric spacers for the front on my BTS. Less than 1/4" out past the fender flares. Probably about as close to flush as I'm going to get without custom width. will be ordering 1" spacers for the rear now to replace the 1.5" Coyote spacers which should get them close tk the fronts.

I did have to trim about 1/4" off the factory lugs for the wheels to sit flush on spacers.
PXL_20210123_201054356.jpg PXL_20210123_203850535.jpg

obrien

Reaction score
Or you could buy two $15 stackable storage bins from Home Depot to go with your cargo bar.
Well that is what I have - cargo bar from Harbor Freight and some containers from HD. I should get better looking one though:-D

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Those snap in carpet inserts are something I'll miss having agreed to buy a Laramie instead of a Limited. I also did your little steam cleaner. I have no carpet in my house, so I'd only use one on the couch, or I guess truck carpet! I really appreciate your ethic. I have a 20 yr old Dodge Dakota. While I haven't steam cleaned it, I have definitely vacuumed it regularly. The interior looks less than half its age.
Thanks Brother. That’s actually a Bissel carpet extractor that I got last year.
Works great to suck the dirty water after cleaning the carpets or upholstery.

Techna

Reaction score
Sanitized interior and cleaned carpets.

1. Cabin & HVAC Sanitizing

Trying to prevent the musty odor that tends to come out of the vents with the really humid weather we've been having in Houston for the last couple of weeks.
First time to do this so I'll see if it helps. Ran it for about 20 min with about 5 min with the engine running to cycle it through the HVAC system.

View attachment 80470 View attachment 80471

2. Clean Mats

I keep my truck spotless, and still could not believe how much crud came out of the mats. Just did the fronts this time. Holy cow.

View attachment 80476 View attachment 80475 View attachment 80474 View attachment 80473
Sanitized interior and cleaned carpets.

1. Cabin & HVAC Sanitizing

Trying to prevent the musty odor that tends to come out of the vents with the really humid weather we've been having in Houston for the last couple of weeks.
First time to do this so I'll see if it helps. Ran it for about 20 min with about 5 min with the engine running to cycle it through the HVAC system.

View attachment 80470 View attachment 80471

2. Clean Mats

I keep my truck spotless, and still could not believe how much crud came out of the mats. Just did the fronts this time. Holy cow.

View attachment 80476 View attachment 80475 View attachment 80474 View attachment 80473 View attachment 80472
Looked at your second picture and because of the location and brand of that pump bottle of hand sanitizer, I was convinced that you‘d photographed the interior of my truck in some random parking lot. I thought about it from a more rational (meaning less booze influenced) perspective though, and realized that we both probably just have the quite rare “Limited Hand Sanitizer Pump Bottle Holder” option on our trucks.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice change over. Do you have a write up or more pictures of what you did?
Here were some tips I posted in another thread. I bought all the badges from eBay.

1. Buy an eraser wheel! Doesn’t need to be a $35 3M one. A $10 one off amazon works fine but really cuts down on the amount of time spent removing the adhesive.
1. Buy an eraser wheel! Doesn’t need to be a $35 3M one. A $10 one off amazon works fine but really cuts down on the amount of time spent removing the adhesive.
2. Heat gun and fishing line/floss to remove the emblems.
3. Tape off the perimeter of the badge so you know exactly where it needs to go. Also tape off the perimeter of the rams head as you’ll be prying it at times.
4. For the rams head remove the tailgate panel inside your bed and pull the top two clips off. Then heat the badge thoroughly and either pry it up or use fishing line.
5. To clean the paint up for the new badge use some goo gone or similar stuff, and some paint prep to remove all the oils after.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looked at your second picture and because of the location and brand of that pump bottle of hand sanitizer, I was convinced that you‘d photographed the interior of my truck in some random parking lot. I thought about it from a more rational (meaning less booze influenced) perspective though, and realized that we both probably just have the quite rare “Limited Hand Sanitizer Pump Bottle Holder” option on our trucks.
LOL. Agreed!
Just love the way you can lock it in by slighty turning the bottle. One quick one-handed pump after getting in the truck and off I go ;)

Cheers!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here were some tips I posted in another thread. I bought all the badges from eBay.

2. Heat gun and fishing line/floss to remove the emblems.
3. Tape off the perimeter of the badge so you know exactly where it needs to go. Also tape off the perimeter of the rams head as you’ll be prying it at times.
4. For the rams head remove the tailgate panel inside your bed and pull the top two clips off. Then heat the badge thoroughly and either pry it up or use fishing line.
5. To clean the paint up for the new badge use some goo gone or similar stuff, and some paint prep to remove all the oils after.
Excellent tips.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished blacking out the badging. Sport hood bezel and RAM door badges. Just taped the hood bezel off and popped the clips carefully. Then pulled the rest of it up. Door badges were pretty simple, heat, pull letters off, eraser wheel adhesive then clean the paint up and stick new ones on. 7E88C1A3-D515-4ED2-87D5-237EA3FFFBFF.jpeg
5DAAB079-33AA-4201-91B4-B2DDE11DB79C.jpeg B8C4366F-E411-4373-985B-D301E8240B2B.jpeg C5CD8D66-7EEE-4AC6-8A34-891FDF9E2DD3.jpeg 942709A9-2D17-4EEB-B4A9-6EF5A823EAC8.jpeg 74CCD178-DF0B-4272-B6E7-D67043273721.jpeg

78chaos

Reaction score
Ram OEM bed and tailgate mat finally came in for my 2021 ram 1500 dt night edition

78chaos

Reaction score
Do you have part #'s?
82215784AB, that is for the 5'7" bed. If you have the crew cab that is the correct one
Should add that the tailgate piece does require you to drill holes in the tailgate which i will not be doing.
You use the existing top 4 bolt holes for the top, which secures it good, but i am going to add double sided tape to secure the rest instead of drilling on my new truck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread