5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

GOFORBROKE

Reaction score
7dcbbfbe2dca35e6fe09466f4d81ae6f.jpg

Ceramic coating, love how it makes the paint look like glass
What shop did you get this done at? I’m in CA as well and want to get this done

davidn0021

Reaction score
What shop did you get this done at? I’m in CA as well and want to get this done

Polished Protection. I just picked up my truck from there yesterday afternoon. Cloudy yesterday so I couldn't get great shots, but it does look really good and you can't even tell where the Clear Bra's installed. Really good job, albeit super expensive.

86grand

Reaction score
I'd really like to understand more your kind of buyer. You had a 2 yr old truck. Do you only keep them for short periods as a long term habit? Do you drive more than 25K miles a year? Really enjoy the new truck smell or new options previously unavailable? Do you always have a payment, or do you always pay cash?

Honestly, I'd love to always have a newish vehicle. But I also prefer to get out of payments ASAP. Further, if the truck is working fine and it's the latest model, I wouldn't think I'd get anything different by trading. So I'd keep what I have. But I recognize there are many different approaches / mindsets. I'd like to understand yours.
I usually keep my vehicles for a while but the last truck was a mistake. Test drove a few 4wd and it was late and i was with my daughter who was hangry. Turns out that the sweet deal on the 4wd CPO that i just made a deal on, was not 4wd when I woke up the next day and looked inside. the tiny buttons near the shifter aren't as noticeable as a floor shifter like my Jeep had. The dealer sucked and even though though me and the salesman both missed the fact it wasn't 4wd, they didn't care. I guess the drive home must have made it too hard to either give me back my Jeep or trade without a ton more fees.
I had my Jeep for 5 years prior to that and had a ton of others prior but always bought used except for my Harley. I plan on keeping the new one for a while unless I can get a really good deal in a few years on a new one.

abtennyson

Reaction score
Has anybody ever tried painting window visors/deflectors to add accent color to their truck?
If so how did it work out and how did you like it? Any pictures?

Gio

Reaction score
Looks really great. Similar to what I ordered, just red on the wings. Just waiting on mine to come in. Did you get the leather to cover the door handle inserts?
Yes, that cloth got replaced with the leather. I had the choice of doing it black or red. I went with black. But looking at it I think red would've worked too.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered a set of Pocket Fender Flares and Black Hardware for the Laramie.
Made a template in CAD to mount the LED Cab Clearance Lights.

Malodave

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
The best $69.95 I spent on the truck so far! I came out to the parking lot after going into the store and I saw that some some jack *** backed into my truck. It was a hit-and-run. No note. Thank God I had this hitch step that I use to get into my truck bed with the multifunction tailgate. It just saved me a lot of money and repairs!
64c773e5c4342240a666e60679001232.jpg

8669cbe73e18ad00db538be27c87a460.jpg

e46cdf29b1cefec65ef9e66670f10677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need one of these Weight Distributing Hitch inserts. This one bites back!
HitchCover.jpg

Steve

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Busy day today! Changed out my plain center armrest to one with the Ram, swapped my headlight bulbs for some that are supposedly brighter (we'll find out tonight), rotated one of my tailgate cables to shorten it, changed my oil, and installed the catch can that I took off of my Challenger
IMG_3458.JPG IMG_3466.JPG IMG_3465.JPG

GOFORBROKE

Reaction score
Polished Protection. I just picked up my truck from there yesterday afternoon. Cloudy yesterday so I couldn't get great shots, but it does look really good and you can't even tell where the Clear Bra's installed. Really good job, albeit super expensive.
Yes it looks super clean. Thanks for the info. Maybe be a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need one of these Weight Distributing Hitch inserts. This one bites back!
View attachment 80450

Steve
CA only allows you to have your ball installed if you're towing otherwise it has to be removed. Not that it's enforced or that many even know about it as plenty of trucks running around with them still in and no trailer attached.

I don't have anything in my receiver but if I did I'd get something like this that is practical and protective...

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sanitized interior and cleaned carpets.

1. Cabin & HVAC Sanitizing

Trying to prevent the musty odor that tends to come out of the vents with the really humid weather we've been having in Houston for the last couple of weeks.
First time to do this so I'll see if it helps. Ran it for about 20 min with about 5 min with the engine running to cycle it through the HVAC system.

IMG_6391.jpeg IMG_6390.jpeg

2. Clean Mats

I keep my truck spotless, and still could not believe how much crud came out of the mats. Just did the fronts this time. Holy cow.

IMG_6392.jpeg IMG_6393.jpeg IMG_6395.jpeg IMG_6396.jpeg IMG_6397.jpeg

WReckeR

Reaction score
I usually keep my vehicles for a while but the last truck was a mistake. Test drove a few 4wd and it was late and i was with my daughter who was hangry. Turns out that the sweet deal on the 4wd CPO that i just made a deal on, was not 4wd when I woke up the next day and looked inside. the tiny buttons near the shifter aren't as noticeable as a floor shifter like my Jeep had. The dealer sucked and even though though me and the salesman both missed the fact it wasn't 4wd, they didn't care. I guess the drive home must have made it too hard to either give me back my Jeep or trade without a ton more fees.
I had my Jeep for 5 years prior to that and had a ton of others prior but always bought used except for my Harley. I plan on keeping the new one for a while unless I can get a really good deal in a few years on a new one.
Man, that sounds...like something dishonest happened! Sorry to hear that, I hope you were happy with the trade.

WReckeR

Reaction score

Trying to prevent the musty odor that tends to come out of the vents with the really humid weather we've been having in Houston for the last couple of weeks.
First time to do this so I'll see if it helps. Ran it for about 20 min with about 5 min with the engine running to cycle it through the HVAC system.

View attachment 80470 View attachment 80471

2. Clean Mats

I keep my truck spotless, and still could not believe how much crud came out of the mats. Just did the fronts this time. Holy cow.

View attachment 80476 View attachment 80475 View attachment 80474 View attachment 80473 View attachment 80472
Those snap in carpet inserts are something I'll miss having agreed to buy a Laramie instead of a Limited. I also dig your little steam cleaner. I have no carpet in my house, so I'd only use one on the couch, or I guess truck carpet! I really appreciate your ethic. I have a 20 yr old Dodge Dakota. While I haven't steam cleaned it, I have definitely vacuumed it regularly. The interior looks less than half its age.

Last edited:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
W

View attachment 80470 View attachment 80471

2. Clean Mats

View attachment 80476 View attachment 80475 View attachment 80474 View attachment 80473 View attachment 80472
Wow! Those were some dirty mats. Nice work.

Users who are viewing this thread